Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

waterproofing aircraft BL ESC

Hi bros

I'm sure there are countless ways of waterproofing your aircraft ESC eg plastic dip corrosion x balloons... but anyone mind sharing your tested n proven method?

I plan to maiden my twinstar off water soon ;) much thanks in advance!

In the older days, I just use aquarium silicone to fill both ends of the ESC shrink wrap.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
      In the older days, I just use aquarium silicone to fill both ends of the ESC shrink wrap.
      This might actually be a dangerous idea: aquarium silicone forms acetic acid as part of the curing process. This promotes corrosion of the surfaces that it is in contact with.

I would suggest a potting compound specifically designed for metal contact instead. However, thermal management might then be an issue.

Comment

Oh, I didnt know that. But I have the esc encasted in silicone for 6 to 7 years liao, still working and no corrosion.

Originally posted by timgoh0 View Post
        This might actually be a dangerous idea: aquarium silicone forms acetic acid as part of the curing process. This promotes corrosion of the surfaces that it is in contact with.

I would suggest a potting compound specifically designed for metal contact instead. However, thermal management might then be an issue.

Comment

I have seen this product at Caltex petrol kiosk that claim to protect your electronic items from water. They have a little video to show case the product too. You may want to try.
          Keep us posted.

Originally posted by kaiyao35 View Post
          Hi bros

I'm sure there are countless ways of waterproofing your aircraft ESC eg plastic dip corrosion x balloons... but anyone mind sharing your tested n proven method?

I plan to maiden my twinstar off water soon ;) much thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
          X