Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any grown adults here feel guilty playing RC car/trucks?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Guys! Guess I have to make sure my 'toy' has to be $500 and above and have to be HUGE.

There are 2 person I can't change the mindset and that's my mum & wife. Always think I am doing kid's stuff. Relatable anyone?

How's this for size? Confirm for Adults Only.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RC airplane.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	979979

Comment

Hahaha not adult but also sometimes feel guilty.
      Hangar
      -Extreme Flight 88" Edge 540T
      -Extreme Flight 88" Extra 300
      -Extreme Flight 78" Extra 300 exp
      -3D Hobby Shop Extra 72" Extra 330SC
      -Extreme Flight 64" MXS exp
      -Extreme Flight 60" Extra 300 exp
      -Extreme Flight 48" MXS exp
      -Extreme Flight 48" Extra 300 exp

Comment

On the contrary i try to report my RC bills to wife at 50% lower than purchased price to avoid heavy tax.
        The only bill that was passed at presence of wife was when we went to Rotor Hobby to buy my 1st heli, total cost of more than $600.
        The people were happy. It was a tax free day.
        Btw im past 40 age... Still plays...probably until old.
        Cars, trucks, boats, planes, heli... Uncountables.
        I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

I'm way over 40..The guilt feeling i have is the fact that the guys that says these are toys are actually envious of us "playing"..

Even when my teenage son asks me about RC cars i tell him theres' a TOY standard and RC Standard..

I just picked up RC Buggying too 1/8 nitro way to go..

as usual only 2 person cant convince them..Wife and Mother..
          In The Hangar
          BH - SU26M - OS Powered
          BH - Edge 540 V3 50cc
          In The Dock
          Carbonic Boats - Light Ice IOM - Wind Powered
          In The Garage
          JQ The Car Yellow Edition - Novarossi

FLY IT, SAIL IT AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

Comment

RC is actually healthy for us 'old' guys.
            Helps maintain our hand eye coordination.
            There are also many worse hobbies than RC.
            Eg street racing or driving really fast.

Comment

i agree on that ;-)

Comment

this not a problem in hongkong

Originally posted by ebpwu View Post
                I am one of those RC car enthusiast who oftens plays my favourite RC car/truck at the field, parks and gardens. Sometimes kids will be the one watching at us play which by right they should be playing them instead. I felt awkward at times and a bit "paiseh" in the public.

As I am in my late thirties, how does the public eye really sees us when they see an adult playing an RC car? Will they think we are childish? Kiddish? Not grown up? Or is it just me being too self conscious.....? Please help advise as need to get this out of my system
                for me,it is not a problem in hongkong,we have some club for the RC,and sometimes i will take my soon to the club too.

Comment

Originally posted by pole View Post
                  for me,it is not a problem in hongkong,we have some club for the RC,and sometimes i will take my soon to the club too.
                  Nice to hear that! Do share more information on your club. Guess joining a community of friends with the same passion can help to tell the public this is a serious hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by blueangel View Post
                    On the contrary i try to report my RC bills to wife at 50% lower than purchased price to avoid heavy tax.
                    The only bill that was passed at presence of wife was when we went to Rotor Hobby to buy my 1st heli, total cost of more than $600.
                    There was this guy that said : "When I die, don't let my wife sell my helis for the price i told her they cost!"

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr84 View Post
                      There was this guy that said : "When I die, don't let my wife sell my helis for the price i told her they cost!"

This reminds me of a relatable conversation between Will Ferrell and his son in The Lego Movie whereby he has his Lego toys and not wanting his son touching it. I find it pretty amusing.

Kid:"But I was just playing--"
                      Will Ferrell:"I know it's hard to understand but this is Dad's stuff, okay? All of this that you see before you is all your father's..."
                      Will Ferrell:"You know the rules. This isn't a toy."
                      Kid:"Um, well, it kind of is."
                      Will Ferrell:"No...,actually, it's a highly sophisticated interlocking brick system."
                      Kid:"But we bought it at the toy store!"
                      Will Ferrell:" We did. But the way I'm using it makes it an adult thing."
                      Kid:"The box for this one said ages 8 to 14."
                      Will Ferrell:"That's a suggestion. They have to put that on there."

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr84 View Post
                        Zephyr84 - That's funny! I've thought about that myself...

Comment

The dark truth... All toys are really meant for grown ups !
                          They had to deceive the general public that they are suitable for kids age " X to Z " to gain more market share,
                          And those toys that says "Not suitable for ages X and below" ?
                          Well, these are just taunting teaser to tease these kids below X age to buy.
                          Its a curiosity thing in kids.. If you're not allowed, the more you want to try it.

In both cases, its a win win win case. Dad wins, kids wins, the toy makers win. LOL
                          I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Watch a 4 years old boy flying RC heli.

Comment

My flying kaki old till eyesight no very good now still flying! ;) gas/ petro somemore...
                              Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

Originally posted by blueangel View Post
                                U r not alone.....hahaha......;)
                                Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

Working...
                                X