Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY Pixhawk Quad.. Further Improvements to come..

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Pixhawk Quad.. Further Improvements to come..

Dear Everyone, Newbie here again, finally after 1 week, put my quad together, with all calibrations done. Need to learn how to fly it/ tune it/ trim it. Total setup here is already 2kgs already. Wonder why, But I seem not to be able to get GPS Lock all the time. Otherwise, Im searching for a nice field around the Tampines area to practise flying in STABILIZE/ ALT HOLD and LOITER mode, which is my next aim. To sidetrack, Im rather concerned that the AR610 seems like an entry level receiver cos it can only handle 6 channels.. Pixhawk have 14 different flight modes.. so I guess might need to get a better one. Attached below is a humble picture of it.. Do let me know of any inputs you might have! Cheers and many thanks!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20141029_190131.gif
Views:	1
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	1001363

3DR DIY Quad Frame Kit with DIY Carbon rod legs
    3DR Pixhawk with uBlox GPS and telemetry radios
    Turnigy 5000mah 20-30C 3S LIPO Battery
    Hobbywing 30A OPTO non-BEC Platinum ESCs
    Sunnysky 4101S 580KV Motors
    11 x 4.7 Propellers
    DS6 TX, AR610 RX

Cheers and Rgds
    Dennis

You can try reading it here. For spektrum dx8, you can set up to 6 flightmodes. I personally feel 3 is enough for me. Having all 14 flight modes available is an ingredient to a crash. Set up 3 first, then add it on 1 by 1 on you care comfortable. Personal advice only...
    Hanger
    Hirobo XRB SR Lama
    Hirobo Quark SRB
    Hirobo Quark SRB SG
    Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
    Blade450 3D
    MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
    COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
    Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
    FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
    Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
    HK FLYJET EDF
    Artech Skyfun
    Dynam P51D Mustang
    Parkzone P51

Tx:
    Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
    Spektrum DX6i
    DX8
    Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Hanger
      Hirobo XRB SR Lama
      Hirobo Quark SRB
      Hirobo Quark SRB SG
      Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
      Blade450 3D
      MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
      COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
      Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
      FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
      Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
      HK FLYJET EDF
      Artech Skyfun
      Dynam P51D Mustang
      Parkzone P51

Tx:
      Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
      Spektrum DX6i
      DX8
      Futaba 9CAP

Comment

you should use bigger prop for this type of motor. at least like 12 inch prop and run 4s battery for better efficiency. The 2kg weight is ok as the motor you use is for heavy payload setup.

Comment

Elmosan is rite. I only fly three modes.
          Heli-ADDICTION:
          Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
          JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

I understand thats for DX8.. But Im using entry level DX6.. Actually I wanted to get 12 inch props, but the clearance between prop to prop is like 0.5cm, I was rather concerned about the props hitting one another. Yes I intend to get a 4S battery when I am able to fly straight and level on my prop.

Comment

Sincere Apologies to dmenace for hijacking this thread.

I am having a strange issue with apm 2.6. It was able to connected to MP a few days ago. os is win8 and pc is detecting the unit as arduino mega 2560. when I tried to connect via MP last nite, the message showed no heartbeat package received. all the leds are still working fine. i hv tried different usb cables but to no avail. I hv tried to power it via the power module as a standalone unit and then with gps unit attached. all no-go. the other error message is communication error. can anyone shed any advice on my next course of action to rectify the apm's erratic behavoiur? Or is this unit screwed?

Thanks in advance for the advice rendered.
              Heli-ADDICTION:
              Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
              JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Hi everyone, I have been able to get my quad up and flying, and experimented with a few modes. However the landing wasn't exemplary and I got myself in a new state of error. I cannot arm my motors because I am unable to arm my safety switch??

1) I am able to get Flashing Green. Which means GPS lock, RC ok, systems ok.
                2) I have tried fiddling around with the ARMING_CHECK parameter, to no avail.
                3) I have inspected all wires, all are intact and connected properly.
                4) The safety switch blinks 3 times in a row, rest, 3 times in a row. Repeat.
                5) I have checked all forums available, asked google and yahoo, all to no avail.
                5) On Pixhawk, FMU LEDs:

PWR: Steady Green I/O Steady Green
                B/E: dim amber B/E not lighted
                ACT Flashing blue.

Comment

Did you press your safety switch? Has to be solid red before you can fly.
                  Kedi AH !

Comment

yes i tried to press the safetty switch but it still blinks away..

Comment

OK settled. turns out safety switch sticky.

Comment

Hey, I live in Tampines too! Maybe we can exchange contacts and maybe fly together sometime

Comment

sure! u can pm me no probs

Comment

Working...
                          X