Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pixhawk Radio Calibration Expertise Needed

Hello everyone, I have a problem which I have been trying to solve the whole freaking day,hope some samaritan(s) out there will be able to resolve this issue.

1) I am trying to build a quad using PIXHAWK, DS6 Transmitter, and a AR601 Receiver. I do have other components like the uBLOX GPS + telemetry etc but these are not relevant.

2) I am able to bind the DS6 Transmitter to the AR601 Receiver, as the orange light on the receiver changes from blinking to steady.

3) I have ran both Mission Planner and APM and have been trying hard to do RADIO CALIBRATION. The rest, like compass and acceleration calibration have no problems.

4) When I move the levers on my transmitter, there is no associated green bar movement. Everything is blank. Motors are not moving etc. Why is it that the transmitter is bound to the receiver, but there is no green bar movement on my screen? Which interface is the issue here? is it RX to TX problem? Or RX to PIXHAWK problem? Or PIXHAWK to PC problem? All softwares are of the latest. Please help!!!

Many thanks in advance!
    Dennis

make sure u have power on two places
    1) lipo to current sensor
    3) 5v to the servo rail behind (output pins)

should help to solve.try it?. i once had that problem. though mine is futaba..

Comment

Not using Pixhawk, but APM 2.5. So here is my input:

Are you using a PPM encoder board? The PIXHAWK needs PPM input, but your AR610 is not PPM, it is a PWM.

If you are not using PPM encoder board,
      option 1: Get a ppm encoder to use old school PWM inputs from Rx like AR610
      option 2: Use a satellite receiver instead.

Just my 2 cents....feel free to correct me if wrong
      Hanger
      Hirobo XRB SR Lama
      Hirobo Quark SRB
      Hirobo Quark SRB SG
      Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
      Blade450 3D
      MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
      COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
      Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
      FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
      Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
      HK FLYJET EDF
      Artech Skyfun
      Dynam P51D Mustang
      Parkzone P51

Tx:
      Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
      Spektrum DX6i
      DX8
      Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Congrats on a great fc. I dun have a pixhawk but i m using APM 2.6 which I believe to be similar. Try to redo a new setup on a new model memory in the dx6 using a plane selection. Remove all props, setup from the correct model in MP. Followed by assigning yr switches. I use an ar8000 so I'm guess it may be due to the ar601? If all else fails, YouTube is yr best friend.
        Heli-ADDICTION:
        Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
        JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Be careful abt the jumper pins.one short and its over.
          Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
            Be careful abt the jumper pins.one short and its over.
            Bro pixhawk generation already no need jumper la.....hehee

We are already behind times...
            Hanger
            Hirobo XRB SR Lama
            Hirobo Quark SRB
            Hirobo Quark SRB SG
            Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
            Blade450 3D
            MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
            COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
            Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
            FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
            Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
            HK FLYJET EDF
            Artech Skyfun
            Dynam P51D Mustang
            Parkzone P51

Tx:
            Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
            Spektrum DX6i
            DX8
            Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Sir post up a pic of your wiring from your rx to the pixhawk. or whatsapp me 81836744
              "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

Hi,

If you are using a spektrum tx, just plug a satellite receiver which has already been bound with your receiver to your tx. Connect this satellite rx to your pixhawk.

Comment

Originally posted by elmosan View Post
                  Bro pixhawk generation already no need jumper la.....hehee

We are already behind times...
                  oh dear!
                  Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Thank you everyone for us kindest replies. Yes I have watched all associated YouTube videos but to no avail yesterday. tks Bro wannabe pilot for the WhatsApp chat. Indeed, if the AR610 is PWM, then I will need a PPM encoder/sum to match up the pixhawk to receiver interface. if anyone has a used one or have any recommended sellers, please do let me know. Cheers!

Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by dmenace View Post
                      Thank you everyone for us kindest replies. Yes I have watched all associated YouTube videos but to no avail yesterday. tks Bro wannabe pilot for the WhatsApp chat. Indeed, if the AR610 is PWM, then I will need a PPM encoder/sum to match up the pixhawk to receiver interface. if anyone has a used one or have any recommended sellers, please do let me know. Cheers!

Dennis
                      no problem sir...
                      "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

I have a PWM to PPM encoder, came with an older KK Board 5.5. Free of charge for you. You will need to pick it up though (together with the KK board if you want it also) and to share in the forum your results with Pixhawk.

Comment

Satellite rx

Hi,

I use a spektrum satellite rx. And I connect all the ESC to the pixhawk.

Originally posted by dmenace View Post

Dennis
                          Attached Files

Comment

Problem solved with the encoder. Tks again!

Comment

Working...
                            X