Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question regarding Hobbyking

Dear friends,
    Can I check with the members here regarding how safe will it be for me to pass my personal information to them? They had actually requested my personal identity card (photocopy ) and the bank transaction which I used to pay for their goods.
    Please comments if anyone has deal with hobbyking before.
    Thanks

I never have to send them any information. Are u now using paypal?
    Too many helis!

Comment

I am a frequent buyer of Hobbyking but they have never asked for any personal information or banking details. Unless it is PayPal which is norm for them to ask for photocopy of NRIC to be a verified user after hitting a certain spending limit.

Comment

I had 50 transactions with Hobbyking. They never ask for my id or personal data. The paypal would need some form of id for verification purpose only.

Comment

Thanks for all the information. Really appreciate that. Maybe I will explain a little more.
          I register myself with hobbyking as my Thai friend is interested in buying some products from them. So he bought a plane using his credit card cos he don't have a paypal account and of course using my HB account. After more than a month with no response from HB, I email them and was told that the payment details and my particulars don't match and hence request I/d for both my friend and me along with the transaction records. So my question is whether I should give it to them?
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bemyself View Post
            Thanks for all the information. Really appreciate that. Maybe I will explain a little more.
            I register myself with hobbyking as my Thai friend is interested in buying some products from them. So he bought a plane using his credit card cos he don't have a paypal account and of course using my HB account. After more than a month with no response from HB, I email them and was told that the payment details and my particulars don't match and hence request I/d for both my friend and me along with the transaction records. So my question is whether I should give it to them?
            Thanks
            Anyone can sign up a Hobbyking account for free. You should have asked him to do so instead of using your account. Now, it seems very suspicious. Hobbyking charge extra 3% for using credit card instead of paypal. So it is better to open a paypal account. He can use it everywhere. I do not think the credit card is being charged. They want both of your ID's to verify that the transaction is legitimate and also charge the purchase to the credit card. Normally, I won't send any other info then necessary. Paypal is a very good way to pay for any overseas purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by gpsnuts View Post
              Anyone can sign up a Hobbyking account for free. You should have asked him to do so instead of using your account. Now, it seems very suspicious. Hobbyking charge extra 3% for using credit card instead of paypal. So it is better to open a paypal account. He can use it everywhere. I do not think the credit card is being charged. They want both of your ID's to verify that the transaction is legitimate and also charge the purchase to the credit card. Normally, I won't send any other info then necessary. Paypal is a very good way to pay for any overseas purchase.
              Thanks once again for the valuable info. Guess this is a lesson learnt for both me and my friend. I don't think I have a choice other than to give them our I/d's. I'm those born in the 60's so going online is a tussle for me. Guess need to learn along the way.
              Thanks everyone for the kind info. I should consulted this forum before signing up with HB.
              Thanks once again

Comment

Working...
              X