Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nose-Gear Retract Construction

This was a tough task for me as this is my first time constructing a fully functional Gear-Door Closing sequence for any scratch-builds i have made, but i've enjoyed every moment figuring out ways to build the mechanical linkages to open and close the Gear-Doors using as little servos as possible (One servo did the trick).

There was many many trial and error involved such as getting the correct length of the linkages and connecting to different servo-arm length to fine tune the whole system.

Main doors are hinged with a wooden swinging arm while the Aft Doors are hinged with tape. The swinging arm is made out of 2mm plywood and an acrylic mini casing to pivot the swinging arm. After which the acrylic mini casing was embedded into the foam in their respective places. The location to place the swinging axis is extremely important as it can be a result of a smooth working door or a jammed one. I've decided to go for 2 hinges per door instead of the 3 hinges to save complexity and unwanted mechanical load.

After getting the entire mechanical and linkages system right, the whole system, the landing gear, steering servo ,door servo and the linkages was attached into one single block. Reason is to keep the design neat and compact so that the last step of glueing the nose gear to the fuselage will be a 1-time/step process which was hassle free.

For the Nose-Gear system,there are total of 4 doors to control,In summary the system will be:
    Main doors
    Door servo --> twin mechanical 90° servo arm --> linkage to 2 Main doors
    Aft Doors
    Landing Gear Down --> Physically push opens the 2 Aft Doors
    Landing Gear Up --> Rubber Bands elastically retract the 2 Aft Doors

Here is the video of the whole system functioning.

Attached Files
    Build it
    Fly it
    Crash it
    Fix it

Comment

I'm gonna use the depron from Daiso cuz its cheaper than bluefoam and the slope soaring version will be around 1:000 scale

Comment

By that , you meant 1:1 scale with my plans right? Not 1:1 with the actual A350 else you will need to build a 65m wingspan plane
        Build it
        Fly it
        Crash it
        Fix it

Comment

No.It will be 1/4 the size of yours

Comment

If it attracts attention on the maiden then it means it a well built beauty like my B747 which attracted a crowd but last month it ran out of battery and crashed at East Coast Park.Luckily only my father was watching otherwise it will be embarassing.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	03102014023[1].jpg
Views:	2
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	980050Just cut out the templates from a4 paper and tracing them onto the depron.

Comment

Slope soaring micro

My plane will be 1/4 the size of viper's

Cutting out the template from the A4 paper and tracing them onto the depron

*My version will be made from depron and there will not be any hot wiring. The middle of the fuselage will be depron.

Attached Files

Comment

Hey Mrdepron!

Great job on building your fuse, you are actually doing it wayyyyyy better than how i first scratch build my B777 , 7 Years ago in 2007! (thats lots of number 7s in there ). Don't give up on your build and push on as how the super-experienced hobbyist told me back than in this thread, i owe it all to them for helping me along the way. See my first B777 thread here: http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...ight=viper1990

Anyway remember to use some 180-gritt sand paper to remove rough edges and use a 320-500 gritt sand paper to sand it nice and smooth, you can find them in neighbourhood hardware stores, else you can purchase from Artfriend!

Accomplish your plane with passion!
                  Build it
                  Fly it
                  Crash it
                  Fix it

Comment

Nose wheel landing lights

The dimensions LED corn light I have purchased was too big to fit into the nose-gear so i took it apart and remove only the surface mounted LED from the casing. I have found 2x soldered 1kΩ resistors internally. I did some quick wiring works and hot-glued the LED to the Nose gear. The wiring for the LED are coiled up on purpose to achieve a springy effect,it is able to stretch about 2" (5cm) to give some leeway for the retracting gear as well as turning left and right.

The Specs are of the LED:
                    LED Color: White
                    Voltage: 12V
                    Power: 0.4W
                    Dimensions: 20x11mm
                    Weight: 1g (Each)

Attached Files
                    Build it
                    Fly it
                    Crash it
                    Fix it

Comment

Building the fuselage

Hot Wiring was used for the construction of the fuselage. The fuselage templates was pined on the fuselage blocks and than hot wired out in sections. Each section of the fuselage was hot-wired twice, one for the exterior perimeter and one for the interior, hollowing out the fuselage which gives me the 3/8" (1cm) thick wall.

The tube fuselage itself is sturdy but prone to crushing when sufficient force is applied on the exterior wall. Fuselage ribs was cut out from 1/4" (6mm) depron and glued in the interior walls to give additional strength to prevent that from happening. It might be a few ribs, but it adds plenty of strength to the fuse.

I've also build a fuselage holder/stand to support the fuselage during sanding using the recycled interior cut-out blocks for the fuselage. Note that i didn't carbon fiber on the stands are just printed out decals

For this week, i have completed the basic fuselage shape. Next i will build the underbelly of the fuselage where it will house the main landing gears.

Attached Files
                      Build it
                      Fly it
                      Crash it
                      Fix it

Comment

Thanks viper,work will continue on friday as i just Scooted to Gold coast. Are u having exams now?

Comment

Great. Take a breather from all the foamy dust in your home and enjoy your holidays. And nope, I've just ended my Exams not long ago that's one of the reason why I've started this project.
                          Build it
                          Fly it
                          Crash it
                          Fix it

Comment

I've finished my PSLE 2 months ago and got my score 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Slope soaring micro:Post #2

Such a beautiful Saturday afternoon,just came back from SYD(SG-Gold Coast-SYD-SG) on a B777 and a B747 on Friday noon.Bought a bit of stuff from the hobby shop in Sydney

Update on the micro:

I bought some sort of cloth to cover up the fuselage.

Comment

*Note:For some reasons,i cannot post photos,however i will post it when i am able to.

Comment

Working...
                                X