Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC boat addict with questions!

Hey guys,

I am new here so wanted to quickly introduce myself to all the rc boat addicts..

I am Dirk, originally from Germany where I enjoyed rc boating almost every possible weekend- I have just moved back to Singapore!

I was wondering where in Singapore it is possible to run rc boats and if there are any clubs or people going to run their boats regularly- would be great to join and enjoy the fun together.

Cheers,

-dirk

Hi Derdirk,

You should visit Seletar Reservoir, if that is convenient for you. It is one of our rare yet official boating area, thanks to one of our daddyhobbist. Check out the link below for more details and it's location.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Hi Dirk....

Welcome back to Singapore.
      A long weekend is just around the corner and I bet you can't wait to get your boat bottom wet.

What kind of the boats are you into?
      A little info may attract the right kind of crowd to your question.

I have been away and my boats have been bone dry for over a month and I am wild to get them wet.
      This Saturday would be a good day.

If you receive no other invitation, would you like to join me at Tampines Quarry this Saturday morning?

73 - sawit

Comment

Hi Dirk ...... my group usually play scale warships at tanpines quarry both saturday and sunday morning
        At least this hobby lets you know where the cash you have spent on

Comment

Hey guys and thanks a lot for all your answers!

Sorry, haven't had a chance to respond earlier, I am currently traveling.

Anyhow, I am into speedboats, mainly mono, but recently build a catamaran and about to get my second.

Would be great to find folks that share the same hobby and start enjoying the hobby regularly as well as sharing knowledge etc.

Is there a specific time you guys are at Seletar Reservoir?

Maybe good to start a group in this forum to get connected and schedule timings..

Cheers,

Dirk

Comment

Try to go Seletar before 9am. After that, the water will be too choppy and the weather too hot.

Comment

Thanks again everyone for your replies.. Been super busy travelling and probably won't be able to go boating before December.. Will shout again as soon as I find some time and would be happy to join some of you.

Besides, does anyone know someone who can help reinforce a boat hull with carbon / kevlar?

Comment

Working...
              X