Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Straits Times: Curbs on flying of unmanned aircraft during F1 race

SINGAPORE - There will be restrictions on the flying of unmanned aircraft when the Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix rolls into town later this week, the civil aviation regulator said on Tuesday. Read more at straitstimes.com.

SINGAPORE - There will be restrictions on the flying of unmanned aircraft when the Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix rolls into town later this week, the civil aviation regulator said on Tuesday.

This is to ensure they do not get in the way of low-level helicopter flights conducting aerial filming during the race.

The restrictions will cover a significant area around the race site including Queenstown, Telok Blangah, Toa Payoh, Kallang, Orchard, Marine Parade and Aljunied.

The islands of Sentosa and Brani will also be off-limits, said the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore.

Attached Files

Noted...
    "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

thanks for the notification.
      Heli-ADDICTION:
      Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
      JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Good heads up for all of us!

Comment

Useful information. Thanks.

Comment

That is one huge range they are covering when compared to the track.

Comment

F1 race is not for every singaporean to enjoy. It is a game only for the rich and yet they cause big big inconvenience to a lot of people. Another example of Elitism ...

Comment

I actually think many of the "common folk" get to enjoy what the f1 circus brings, eg performances by various artistes.
                Also, it's very good advertisement for s'pore, shows the world how far we've come.
                Also, while the 'sport' can only be competed by the rich (though Schumacher wasn't rich when he began, neither was Hamilton), it can be enjoyed by armchair racers.
                I'm sure those of us who enjoy racing f1 rc cars like watching full scale f1 too.

Comment

Originally posted by perfect1 View Post
                  F1 race is not for every singaporean to enjoy. It is a game only for the rich and yet they cause big big inconvenience to a lot of people. Another example of Elitism ...
                  I dun enjoy national day parade too... Does it count???
                  I love PAP

Comment

You meant you don't even appreciate that the parade is to celebrate Singapore National day?

Originally posted by hallobaby View Post

Comment

Of course that's many things not EVERYONE will enjoy..
                      Hard to please all people nowadays... Lol
                      I love PAP

Comment

True that Not everyone will enjoy everything, but being a citizen of a country, one should learn to appreciate the meaning of National Day!

Comment

I'm still learning then...
                          I love PAP

Comment

Originally posted by mave View Post
                            True that Not everyone will enjoy everything, but being a citizen of a country, one should learn to appreciate the meaning of National Day!
                            If you are feeling down....just pull up the stick!

Comment

Originally posted by hallobaby View Post
                              why not ? it is just another holiday where we have the whole day for rc activities.

Comment

Working...
                              X