Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad experience with Singahobby

I dropped my Futaba TX and broke some switches, so I emailed Singahobby to check on their stock availability.....

After 3 days of no response, I gave them a call and spoke to the owner, he said he'll review my e-mail provide a quotation...

I sent another follow-up email a day later due to no response...

And, it has been another 5 days now with no response..

Seriously, why would you advertise your e-mail address under "contact us" if you don't bother to respond to your e-mails!

Futaba 14SG was on my list for Christmas purchase from singahobby, I now rather get it from somewhere else!
    My Flying Log - http://rcheli.club/Pilots/View?PilotId=d02877df-06a8-49d7-b03c-c235cc3c0e51

I have long since did most of my purchases from overseas stores , such as those in China and HK where the shipping cost is still reasonable.
    Their email responses are fast , usually within 1 working day. Any problem just send a pic or video is enough.
    The local shops have a lot to learn from them.

Comment

Originally posted by raidor88 View Post
      I have long since did most of my purchases from overseas stores , such as those in China and HK where the shipping cost is still reasonable.
      Their email responses are fast , usually within 1 working day. Any problem just send a pic or video is enough.
      The local shops have a lot to learn from them.
      Thanks, good to know that am not the only one who feels like this.

Anyway, there are a few LHS that provides excellent service, and they will always have my support as long as they don't go too outrageous with their pricing
      My Flying Log - http://rcheli.club/Pilots/View?PilotId=d02877df-06a8-49d7-b03c-c235cc3c0e51

Comment

What????!!!!
        They don't read their email??? That's within my expectations..
        Even you call them, they can't give you any infomation too (I have tried that).
        So you think they can do something for you if you go to their shop??? No!!!
        The lady has no understanding of any of the products..!!!!

In the end, you will need to request for a manual and write all the parts number for them.. And they take a long time to look for them!!

That's my experience...
        I love PAP

Comment

My experience was different. Called them to check if they can repair Spektrum radio switch, the girl on the phone dont know and pass it to one of the guys. He explained to me Futaba n Spektrum switch different and unable to do it for me.

I go to the shop to get Hirobo parts, the sons have a great knowledge of the parts I wanted.

The owner also put his trust in me. When I wanted to buy a micro rx crystal, they dont have the frequency I wanted. He told me to take another different frequency pair and next time when I visit, just return them my old tx frequency. He charged me for the micro rx crystal only. And I am not even a frequent visitor, maybe twice or once a year customer.

Me have yet to encounter bad experience with them since buying my 1st heli(FEDA) from them in early 2003. Wow, just realised, I have been in this hobby for more than 10yrs liao!!!

Comment

Many had not so good experience. I am not a big buyer to them as my biggest purchase was only a PL8. I never ask them anything technical becos I like to gather mine and make my own judgement. So going in and ask for technical advises and opinions is not for me. My style is to go and buy what I need. One thing for sure is that they are expensive. I save easily a hundred dollars between buying online with shipping vs their listed price on their website just for a scorpion motor.
            Too many helis!

Comment

They are trying their best to follow the footsteps of champion hobby..
              Hope they read these and change or another blacklisted LHS
              I love PAP

Comment

uncle quite ok to me but the lady's attitude really cmi. yes, not replying to email is unacceptable. it's like having a hotline but the calls are never answered. maybe IF we are indons or hv very deep pockets then perhaps the service may change for the better?
                Heli-ADDICTION:
                Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

This thread have reached to the attention of Singahobby...

Ronald have pm-ed me here and have provided me with his personal e-mail add, and have apologized for the situation.

Hopefully, i'll have my Tx back up soon

Comment

Me bought me first coax heli from singahobby. The guy who attended to me was Ken. It was abt 200+ or suntin and i bought another hirobo lipo pack for abt 80. Then i bought a tahmazo t15plus under the recommendation of Ken again at abt 150++. Looking back, why i chose to go back to singahobby is because of Ken. He was patient to explain stuff to a noob n never felt pressured to buy anything. Although expensive relative to internet prices, I still paid to support SH. Moving forward, Ken and the bespectacled gal left. Ronald is still nice WHEN he is not preoccupied which is the same as Uncle. Cant really say for the rest of the staff. As with any other industry, SERVICE is key to ensure sustainable profits in the long run. Rc is not exactly huge in the local scene. I'm pretty sure suthae is NOT the only one who had encountered this situation. My take in this episode: accept the fact that change is imminent. Its no longer a good to have factor but must hv. So whose going to pm me?
                    Heli-ADDICTION:
                    Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                    JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

I would like to provide the latest update on this issue.

Ever since Ronald contacted me, my experience with them has been very smooth and prompt, Ronald has provided me an excellent service to get me what I need fast.

I would do business with them again, as long as Ronald is still there.

Comment

Ronald is a good chap, only reason why i even bother to step into the shop. It's sad, seeing how they've changed since they were upstairs.

Comment

Dear Mods,

I've since had multiple of satisfying experience with Singahobby. Can we please have this thread removed? Or perhaps have the title edited as resolved?

Thanks.

Comment

Bad Experience with SingaHobby

Originally posted by suthae View Post
                            Dear Mods,

I've since had multiple of satisfying experience with Singahobby. Can we please have this thread removed? Or perhaps have the title edited as resolved?

Thanks.
                            Just want to share. I had two separate bad experiences with them:

1. Ordered A2 flight controller with them through PO. They said initially that they had no stocks and they could order it within few days. They also informed us that the lead time was about a month. So, as expected with Singahobby, they did not fulfill their promise and even after 2 months, they still couldn't deliver the A2. So they offered us to drop the order or wait for another 1 month. It was really horrible and delayed our project by 2 months. Amazing. They did not even apologize. Response was very rude.

2. Sent LED unit for repair. They told us to call them back after one month to get status update from the manufacturer. One month later-- lady replied: "you sent us one month ago and now expect to get status update, hah?!"...
                            One month later called back: she immediately got defensive and said "I called you on this date, no one picked up!" Then I asked her whether I should collect it from the store in Chinatown, then she just replied "yaaaa????". Then I asked her whether I need to bring the copy of the receipt, again.. "yaaaaa????"

I don't know how they want to do business with that attitude... Definitely not coming back.

Comment

How do you guys actually order stuffs on their online store when their website is a super long list of multiple products all jammed pack into more than 15 pages and there are no categories or types to search through.

Was trying to look for a general product previously, criteria is foam planes, electric, wing span 800 to 1200 mm.
                              I spent like 30 minutes to click on their website and selectively guessing if that picture fits my bill.

Definitely terrible to buy online, unless you know exactly what you want and know the product name.
                              If you are trying to browse and choose a suitable one, no way.

These guys need to hire someone to re do that website.
                              I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Working...
                              X