Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed to test Naza compass

Hi I just want to test my compass on someone's machine to see if it picks up satellites, mine has been hopping modes on its own from ATTI to GPS rapidly for the pass two days. I've tried lining it up to North, Magnetic North and Celestial North and no luck at all. It took a bump into a metal railing prior to this, manual and atti modes work fine. I usually fly on GPS mode only. If you are living in the north are and if you can spare me about 5 minutes, I will come to your place with with my compass to see if it does the same thing. I don't want to buy a new compass and have the same issue. cause I'm not sure if its the PMU, MC or compass that is affected. It's not the TX I checked on the app via USB the modes switch accordingly when I change mode on the TX. I don't have a flying khaki around my place therefore I'm posting here. If anyone is willing to help out please drop me a message at 91694317 or brs@live.com.sg. I live in Yishun. Free over the weekend. I heard a few people head to Woodlands Drive 16 or 19 from CAAS to fly at certain altitude. If you are one of those people, please let me know what time you guys meet up, I will come over. Thanks.

Have you done the compass calibration?

Comment

it doesn't pass after horizontal calibration is complete. when the green light comes on for vertical it stays that way without changing status. I get 2 red 3 green when I plug in the battery. green flashing passes in between 2 red 3 green. on FPV it shows mode rapidly hopping between ATTI, GPS, ATTI GPS none stop. does not get any satellites at all.

Comment

try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCT1rRE_UIg

Comment

nope no issues on the values.

Comment

Maybe your sensors are stuck, take out the Naza MC and give it a few tap on all axis to free it.

Comment

Try to do advance calibration

Comment

Originally posted by kok_yong2003 View Post
                Try to do advance calibration
                Passes advance calibration. No errors. Passes both vertical and horizontal calibration. No satelites aquired. Modes still changes rapidly on its own.

Compass cremic not broken.
                PMU blinks green led light. Not sure if it needs to be solid green.
                Naza assistance shows mode changes according to tx input.
                Naza MC tapped on all sides.
                Mode jumps to Atti when gps is unlpugged.

Comment

Seem normal. How does the led blink on GPS mode? If all GPS satellites get, it will blink only one green light but have to wait a few minutes sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by kok_yong2003 View Post
                    Seem normal. How does the led blink on GPS mode? If all GPS satellites get, it will blink only one green light but have to wait a few minutes sometime.
                    Yup I used to get one green blink when sats are acquired, however since the GPS keeps hopping from GPS to ATTI on its own it doesn't get any sats at all. I've waited in the dark for an hour facing North, Magnetic North and Celestial. It doesn't perform like it used to. I've literally done everything. I just need to know if the PMU stays solid green when sats are acquired or does it blink no matter what. I don't know which is being a pain the MC, PMU or compass.

On the assistant everything is okay. my tx trims are okay. gains okay. calibration okay. this is seriously pissing me off.

Comment

anyone with a compass that I can borrow or test mine on yours?

Comment

I have 3 ideas on what MAY be happening.

Is there a gopro on it and if so is the wifi on? If it is on, off the wifi.

Do you have your phone, car keys or ANY metallic/transmitting devices with you when flying and especially when calibrating? those can throw everything off.

Are you flying somewhere near some radio tower?

Comment

I agree with 1812, with WiFi on is a bad idea.
                          Heli-ADDICTION:
                          Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                          JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

No.
                            No.
                            And no.

I wouldn't want to kill my machine and send it crashing to the ground.

I did however manage to successfully calibrate both vertical & horizontally. The PMU light stays solid green without blinking BUT no satellites were acquired. I'm sending my compass back to flying-hobby. I'm pretty sure the compass has gone bonkers.

Comment

waiting four bloody months for DJI to replace the compass just to know that I have the same ****ing problem. This is seriously BS.

Comment

Working...
                              X