Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

550 Heli ESC fro Singapore (for GAUI X4 II)

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

550 Heli ESC fro Singapore (for GAUI X4 II)

Guys,

right now i'm flying GAUI X4II with HOBBYWING 100A v3 ESC and Scorpion 4115 Motor.

The problem is that in our weather the ESC is overheating. It's hot but fine if outside temp is 27-28 *C
    But if it's a hot day and temp is a couple of degrees higher - ESC is cutting-off due to overheating.

So definitely need to replace ESC.

Could you please advise which 90-120 ESC do you use for 500-550 helis here in Singapore.
    Have you had any overheating issue with your esc?

I flew my X5 (with longer blades) with same esc in the past and never had this issue.
    Did you try to tune down the timing?

If you wanna change, you can get the 150A YEP or HW150A.
    Between the 2, my preference is the YEP150 but you will to get it from Hobbyking.
    Too many helis!

Comment

YEP the best value for $ controllers all the way.

imho, 100a esc for 6s running 550 blades should not overheat but then again, it's HW. I recall having a platinium 120hv that would be extremely hot despite my lousy skills BUT never to the point of an esc cut-off. U flying like tareq?
      Heli-ADDICTION:
      Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
      JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

I am using hobbywing 100A at 100% throttle. I use 550mm blade. No problem so far. Did you mount your ESC on the outside for better cooling?

Comment

maybe the inherent nature of hw esc to run hot. I recall some years ago using hw70a hv for my 12s 6hv. whether i ran it at 70 or 100% flat throttle curve, it would still be freaking hot BUT it never did shut off during mid-flight. could be its the motor timing or pulse width modulation setting? the said values may be found on the scorpion site. if esc still shut down, check the soldering of the connection wires, you never know if its bad soldering.
          Heli-ADDICTION:
          Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
          JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Working...
          X