Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about NiMh Batteries

Hello all,

I have a micro rs4i it came with 5-cell 1200 mah NiMh batteries and I upgraded them to 6-cell 1300 mah NiMh and installed a Hobbywing EZRUN Brushless kit which comes with 7800kv motor and 25A ESC. But I am coping with multiple issues.

Since the batteries are fresh from the stock, I wanted to form charge them. Appearantly 0.1A or 0.2A Charging Rate (0.075C - 0.15C) misses peak detection (anyways I charged them for ~15 hours). At first charge at 0.075C batteries ended up at 8.25V (where they were meant to be around 8.45) then I discharged them at 0.1A. Although the charger says they are at 5.39V, voltmeter was saying they are at 7.2V (I think this is due to voltage drop during discharge)

Other than these, ESC Low voltage cutoff engages at 7.2V too no matter if I disable it or set it to 5.6V. So I thought there must be an issue with the freshness of the packs (huge drop of voltage under the load).

I am on the third cycle of the batteries now, I used 0.1A - 0.2A - 0.5A for these charges. Only 0.5A triggered peak detection so far. I looked for the voltages while discharges, they gradually go down from 8.4V to 7.2V in nearly an hour and drop to 5.4V in 2 minutes. Is this logical? (and they take up like 1050-1100mah, advertised was 1300)

Thank you
Working...
X