Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy DLG?

any online recommendations to intro on where i can get a good one?
    Honey Bee FP
    King1

Eagle 3D(Plane)

Tx: Futaba 9CHP

Originally posted by simonteegl View Post
    any online recommendations to intro on where i can get a good one?
    Apac or singaporehobby

Comment

Budget?

Comment

steigesen

Originally posted by kok_yong2003 View Post
        Budget?
        If you're looking for second hand, I have one I might wanna sell, drop me a text at 94553765.
        Ivan

Comment

Best place to go is join in the fun flys and contests. Come down take a look, ask the guys and see first hand, they are a friendly bunch.

Funflys normally sat mornings at Tampines cd field, sometimes weekdays evenings too.

Contests are once a month.
          www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers
          www.facebook.com/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League

Comment

There are quite a few local & overseas shops that sells DLGs. You can also order directly from manufaturer but be prepared to wait at least 2 months for manufaturing and delivery. Local shops do have stocks as Kok Yong has mentioned, Singapore Hobby has the most DLG stocks and variety at the moment (both lower and higher end). Talk to Ronald, he is not only informative but he's also very friendly. APAC Hobby carry some competitive type DLGs e.g. Snipe which is a proven winner around the world.

2nd Hand DLGs is a good option as well especially when it's your 1st DLG. During the course of learning, bumping here and there is inevetable. Best is to drop by the funfly/pratise sessions at CD field. Like what Pang said, they are a friendly bunch (sometimes too friendly). You never know if you may catch a good deal on a 2nd hand DLG while you're there. Good Luck!

Sherwin

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
            BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

Thanks all for the awesome help. Went down today to try to get 1 1.5M at sing hobby only to find out that they are out of stock. expected for at least another 2 more weeks.

My budget is around $500. but im not looking for second hand. didnt have a good experience the last round buying a glider only to have the wing snap just gliding around. i believe was becos the carbon spar had hairline cracks already.
              Honey Bee FP
              King1

Eagle 3D(Plane)

Comment

Originally posted by simonteegl View Post
                Thanks all for the awesome help. Went down today to try to get 1 1.5M at sing hobby only to find out that they are out of stock. expected for at least another 2 more weeks.

My budget is around $500. but im not looking for second hand. didnt have a good experience the last round buying a glider only to have the wing snap just gliding around. i believe was becos the carbon spar had hairline cracks already.
                Your choices are fairly limited with $500, but you can most prolly start with a topsky 2, it's very beginner friendly and a very strong planes. Also for composite gliders, it can also be repaired if broken, it's slightly harder but a good experience nonetheless. Feel free to drop by this coming sat morning at the field. I'm sure there'll be many flyers eager to answer any questions you might have.

Ivan

Comment

when buying second hand gliders, try to ask the owner to demo first before you buy. I have been buying second hand dlgs for more than a year. never had any problems. they still perform very well. It is only till recently did i buy my first 1st hand dlg.
                  With a budget of $500, you can either buy a low end 1st hand dlg or a top end 2nd hand dlg. choice it yours however, first hand dlgs will require alot of building and many things can go wrong if you do not have experience with dlgs or composites. I would think 2nd hand dlg will be a better bet.

Comment

SHS ran out of stocks for DLG??? May i venture a guess that the new Topsky 4.0 is arriving then?

$500 is a good start to a new DLG if you're not afraid of building. Building pose quite some problems if you not familiar but definately good for the leraning curve.

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
                    BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

yeah..he was talking about the 4.0... i dont mind bulding but i usually get 1 ready made first before building my own.

I willing to open up to anyone with a good DLG glider for sale...
                      Honey Bee FP
                      King1

Eagle 3D(Plane)

Comment

Working...
                      X