Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie guide / RC planes to start with.

Hi All, ok im new and only played tamiya when young

after viewing youtube video of PC planes / heli i kind of interested. (x8 cloud surfing)

so just a few question :

where can i start off from?

where can i purchase such planes? like a reputable shop in sg.

Hi Boxidos, welcome to the RC community! Guess most of us know Tamiya cars during our childhood. Ahh those were the times...
    For a start, you might like to work on a budget and see where you can get from there. A trip down to Fook Hai Building in Chinatown you will have a pretty good idea what is in store for you. You can also look at various links available at Daddyhobby website and find out more from the other vendors in town. A lot of peeps are also buying from the internet nowadays.
    It is always wise to start learning to fly using a Simulator first and at the same time find out where is your nearest flying site where you can talk to the RC flyers in your neighbourhood. I am confident you will progress fast in this manner.

Comment

Hi ebpwu,

Thanks for the head start, will be going to Fook Hai Building to check it out. At first i want to get it on the net (taobao, alibaba) but i know nuts about RC planes and felt that i wanna start with a basic one before getting those high ends.
      Any flight simulator to intro?

Comment

Simulator is the way to go for any starter. There are many trainer planes available for newbie and surely wiser and easier to learn from starter planes. You will have better success if you learn all the basic orientation through a Sim. Realflight and Pheonix are the more common ones used by most. There are also cheaper ones but it may not be as realistic.
        You might like to find your neighbourhood flyers by letting us know where you stayed, cos there are many friendlies on this web who are happy to share.

Comment

Check out hobbyking website for competitive prices. Practice safety in all you do.
          Items for Sale:

Comment

am checking out those 2 flight sim, researching on it too =D

im staying in the eastern part of singapore, Bedok to be more specific, so my guess that most flyers go to ecp

Comment

Download fms.its free and you just need a sim tx or an actually tx.no need to be realistic,just learn your orientation will do(:.been using it and really help me to learn to do 3D/aerobatic well.furthermore its free(;those sims are expensive and with that money you can buy a plane or bunch of other stuffs.good luck!
              Hangar
              -Extreme Flight 88" Edge 540T
              -Extreme Flight 88" Extra 300
              -Extreme Flight 78" Extra 300 exp
              -3D Hobby Shop Extra 72" Extra 330SC
              -Extreme Flight 64" MXS exp
              -Extreme Flight 60" Extra 300 exp
              -Extreme Flight 48" MXS exp
              -Extreme Flight 48" Extra 300 exp

Comment

Originally posted by Boxidos View Post
                Hi All, ok im new and only played tamiya when young

after viewing youtube video of PC planes / heli i kind of interested. (x8 cloud surfing)

so just a few question :

where can i start off from?

where can i purchase such planes? like a reputable shop in sg.
                Hi boxidos,

Sorry to burst the bubble here but cloud surfing in sg is highly illegal =(

There are many other forms of rc flying too, low level flying is pretty interesting too imho.

I recommend you go down to fookhai or rotor and tell them thay youre new into the hobby and they will hook you up with the right stuff!!

Comment

Hi All,

Sorry to thread owner to "hijack" your thread.

Anyway, I am a noob/beginner who is interested in flying RC Heli/Plane.

I am staying @Buona Vista area, so wonder is there any place around this area a newbie can get some help when flying the heli/plane?
                  The problem with me is I do not own transportation (bike or car), so that's why I need to be flying the RC Heli/Plane around this area. Just wondering whether is there any nearby places to fly the RC set. I did noticed some people mentioned Old Holland Road but understand that place is mostly for experienced players.
                  So is OHR still available for newbies?

I haven't gotten my own RC set yet. Because I am still trying to doing research for the right set for myself.

Thanks in advance.
                  Cheers'
                  UJFlyer8

Comment

Working...
                  X