Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using 2 separate channels for ailerons

Hi all,

I have a easy star 2 and have installed ailerons on it recently. Since I wanted to use flaperons and spoilerons, I did not use Y-harness. Instead, I plugged the two aileron servos separately into two channels (1 & 5). However, when I moved the right stick on the transmitter, only one aileron servo moved. I found out that the other servo was controlled by an aux switch. Does any one know what I should do for both ailerons to move?

P.S. I am using a Futaba 8J.

Help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Originally posted by i luv rc View Post
    Hi all,

I have a easy star 2 and have installed ailerons on it recently. Since I wanted to use flaperons and spoilerons, I did not use Y-harness. Instead, I plugged the two aileron servos separately into two channels (1 & 5). However, when I moved the right stick on the transmitter, only one aileron servo moved. I found out that the other servo was controlled by an aux switch. Does any one know what I should do for both ailerons to move?

P.S. I am using a Futaba 8J.

Help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Try channel 6 instead of 5 and turn on flaperon on.
    - Fly Slow and Easy, Enjoy Flying and share the FUN -

Comment

Negative. channel 5,6,7 and 8 are linked to aux switches

Comment

there should be a switch on your transmitter labelled flaps/aux 1. for spektrum its channel 5. after hooking it up as such, you will need to go into your radio's menu and turn on the function for either wing/tail mixing and/or turn on the flap function. read the manual it should tell you how to get it done. if it still doesn't work, then your servo is probably faulty

Comment

If the 8J is anything like the transmitter of the older models, than channel 5 would be the retract channel and channel 6 would be for your flaps/ailerons. You have to go into the program mixing of your transmitter to activate or slave channel 6 to channel 1. It's hard to help you since I have not really played around with the newer transmitter but knowing futaba the programming functions should be about the same as the older transmitters.

Comment

I used the ailerons as master and GER as slave and it worked Anyway, thanks for all the advice

Comment

I have the Futaba T6J (very similar) and set it up with channel 1 as the master and channel 6 as the slave. It can be done under either programmable mix - PMX1 or PMX2. I keep thinking I'll buy a Y harness so I can save a step of plugging multiple things in and have less wear and tear on the receiver, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Comment

Working...
              X