Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indoor Flying Sites in Singapore

Hi,

I have not seen any threads discussing about Indoor Flying sites so I thought of making one.

It has been so windy lately and I am just beginning to learn my micro heli. I have flown in the living room with a few bumps and and dented blades.

Now I am moving to the next level and try micro CP helis which I think cannot practice at home.

Does anyone know of any official(paid) / unofficial flying sites in Singapore?

many are flying at any MSC they can find

Comment

CC badminton courts but during offpeak period?

Comment

If you're in any AFS organisation(insurance issues),you can come and fly at SYFC hangar every saturday morning,there is also Ronald and group flying at National Singapore Badminton hall (if i am nt wrong)on weekday nights,but ultimately we are trying to get the sports hall at ITE central which i think will be the best indoor hall.
        Hangar
        -Extreme Flight 88" Edge 540T
        -Extreme Flight 88" Extra 300
        -Extreme Flight 78" Extra 300 exp
        -3D Hobby Shop Extra 72" Extra 330SC
        -Extreme Flight 64" MXS exp
        -Extreme Flight 60" Extra 300 exp
        -Extreme Flight 48" MXS exp
        -Extreme Flight 48" Extra 300 exp

Comment

Singapore Badminton Hall? Is this in Guillemard Ave? Am so near there. Will try to check out later!

Originally posted by Faheem View Post
          If you're in any AFS organisation(insurance issues),you can come and fly at SYFC hangar every saturday morning,there is also Ronald and group flying at National Singapore Badminton hall (if i am nt wrong)on weekday nights,but ultimately we are trying to get the sports hall at ITE central which i think will be the best indoor hall.

Comment

Originally posted by viperdad View Post
            Singapore Badminton Hall? Is this in Guillemard Ave? Am so near there. Will try to check out later!
            i thought it has become a indoor rock climbing hall?

Comment

Yes. I went there. it is now an indoor rock climbing hall! Am actually hoping that it is a temporary event there.. but I guess not..

Any other suggestions?

Originally posted by cl@rence View Post
              i thought it has become a indoor rock climbing hall?

Comment

Any luck on finding indoor flying sites?

Just got my Duet from Hobbyzone and looking to fly indoor.

Comment

Any luck in finding indoor flying sites?

Just got my Duet from Hobbyzone and looking to fly indoor

Comment

Hey guys what do you think about converting the old hangars at the old kallang airport into an indoor flying hall. I heard they were making that place into an aviation museum anyways....
                    Would be a great place to fly. Full of history and all.
                    "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

There really isnt much choices around. Booking a hall takes $$$ and also alot of convincing to do. schools and institutions all have indoor halls. one problem is they would rather rent out the venue for sport events or something that many people can come. safety is also another concern. even if you managed to get pass all this, you really wont want to pay $200 for a flying session. If you want to try your luck in finding a indoor hall, you can give community centers a try. most of them have indoor halls but finding one big enough to fly in is not easy.
                      one of the easiest way is to join the fellow indoor flyers at Singapore badminton hall at geylang. Tuesday midnight. that also you have to pay. but at least the cost is divided among all the flyers.

Comment

I agree with you...

Comment

Try it in your factory ( company's warehouse ) during after office hour.. LOL
                          I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Eyeing a covered hardcourt that was previously a basketball court in my area.

Comment

Any updates on available indoor sites ?

Comment

Working...
                              X