Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Art tech F-14 tomcat build. needed some advice on preflight checks and flying tips

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Art tech F-14 tomcat build. needed some advice on preflight checks and flying tips

Hi there.

I just gottaen the art tech f-14 recently and build the plane. But as i got it as a RTF, seems like my esc does noy responsd to my futaba transmitter and receiver. Anyone had this problem before? Am quite sure i hook up correctly.

As for the retracting wings, should it be slow or fast?
    My retraction is quite slow after i replaced the faulty servo with tahmazu type.

Rest of the preflight checks seems so far so good.
    Will be thinking of flying this bird after CNY.

But i needed some advice on flying the f-14 as the wing span is long and being a twin edf jet.. i needed something to look out for.

Can anyone share the experience of the f-14 flying?
    Thanks.

��

Its somewhat underpowered. Let it run along and get decent speed before you pull up(Don't be in a hurry to pull it up).

I always set the wings to fully extended. The most stable mode AFAIK. You need the full wingspan to take off. Fully retracted can be a challenge to handle. I suggest D/R with wings retracted.
    Hanger
    Hirobo XRB SR Lama
    Hirobo Quark SRB
    Hirobo Quark SRB SG
    Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
    Blade450 3D
    MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
    COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
    Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
    FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
    Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
    HK FLYJET EDF
    Artech Skyfun
    Dynam P51D Mustang
    Parkzone P51

Tx:
    Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
    Spektrum DX6i
    DX8
    Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Thanks for the advice, but i am bit wary of flying EDF especially i have very little flight experience and never flown EDF before.

but i do hope to get this bird flying soon. cause the flight scences for F-14 are spectcular.

Comment

Working...
      X