Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have my usual JST crimp connectors joint fraying and wires detaching from the connectors. This is what I did.....

name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">
    Hanger
    Hirobo XRB SR Lama
    Hirobo Quark SRB
    Hirobo Quark SRB SG
    Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
    Blade450 3D
    MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
    COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
    Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
    FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
    Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
    HK FLYJET EDF
    Artech Skyfun
    Dynam P51D Mustang
    Parkzone P51

Tx:
    Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
    Spektrum DX6i
    DX8
    Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Here's one for planes with removable wings. Tired of having to pull out aileron servo wires from your receivers? Especially when your receiver is crowded with other servo plug. You can plug a short servo extension to make removing the aile servos easier, or you can do the following.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20140621_221448.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	978648

I drilled one hole along each side of the servo plug and attached a loop of string around it. This makes removing the servo from your receiver

Current Hangar Occupants

Planes
      UM T-28 Brushed & Brushless modded
      UMX Mig 15 & Habu
      Radjet 420
      Rarebear Fun Fighter
      Mini Skywalker
      GWS E-Starter

Helis
      Scratchbuild Mini Tri-copter
      DJI Flamewheel 330
      250 size Miniquad
      Blade MSRX
      FHX-2 (MCX 2)

Comment

Ever had problem looking for your bodyshell clips everytime after opening it up? Fret not. Stick a magnet with a double side tape and stick it near the model's body. They will stay on and ready to clip it back on again without having to look all over the place for them.

Name:	Magnets2.jpg
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	979852

Comment

Ever owned any TX not made for lipo? Find that it is too costly to keep buying batteries to replace your TX? Conventional AA/AAA batteries draining off too fast for your TX?
          A simple modification to the TX you can have Lipo power running on your TX. Carefully open up the TX cover and solder a red and black lead to the coils found inside the TX cover. Identify the positive and negative direction from the batteries installed. Solder the other end with a common lipo connector and find a 2s lipo (you don't need a high discharge rated lipo) and you are lipo ready!
          Image illustrated is a Quanum 3ch pistol TX running on 4 AAA batteries. Lipo is mounted externally for extended use. No permanent damage resulted and can be restored back to original state. Be environment friendly!

Name:	TX Mod 1.jpg
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	979934Click image for larger version

Name:	TX Mod 2.jpg
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	979933Click image for larger version

Name:	TX Mod 3.jpg
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	979932

Comment

There are many buzzers available in electronics store for just $2 or less and comes in various size and shapes. They are light weight fairly compact. Solder a RX lead over it, plug into your spare RX port and use it as a sound buzzer to locate your plane or model if it got lost in the field. Add more fun to the hobby as it also serves as a 'horn' to notify other flyers of it's presence.

Name:	Hack Buzz.jpg
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	981144

Comment

Problem with cleaning muddy shocks after an off-road run? Expensive shock covers? Another idea contributed from our community is to get rocket balloons from toy shops or SKP. Around $2 plus a bag of rocket balloons serves as cheap shock socks. Just cut and roll over the shocks and the socks will help keep the dirt and debris away from the springs and o ring. They also help to prevent contamination to the shock oils.The variety of coloured balloons also help with customisation and orientation of your RC vehicle.

Name:	Hack Spring.JPG
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	981145

Comment

Screws can sometimes be difficult to screw in especially hard plastic. Try applying some candle wax or soap over the threads of the screws as 'lubricant' to make the job easier.

Name:	Hack Soap 2.jpg
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	981146

Comment

Originally posted by mave View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]132870[/ATTACH] candles holder from ikea, can be used for mixing epoxy for a quick fix either in the field or at home
                  Just to share quickly and at zero cost, albeit a little bad idea, is to go to your MacDonald's and kapo several ketchup / chilli plastic saucer.
                  I have been using them for my epoxy mix.
                  One good reason I use small saucer is because I can do small application at a time without worrying a big amount of mix hardening before my application is done.
                  You can always throw the first saucer away and prep another new one to continue.
                  TOTALLY Thug Life ..HAHA
                  I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

You can also go to Diaso and purchase a $2 Magnetic tray. The one that has a Magnet attached to a metal tray.
                    Using it as it is, it serve as a screw / metal part holder. Or any small parts, of course.
                    When you want to solder, you can flip the tray upside down and use the tray as a base while the magnet which is now facing up, to hold your wire in place.
                    Place a piece of scrap metal ( that can be magnetize ) over the wire that is on the magnet, and it will serve as a clamp to hold the wire down while you solder.
                    I went a further step more to hot glue crocodile clips ( remove the red / black sleeves ) onto the magnet to serve as a 3rd hand for soldering wires.
                    I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

Working...
                    X