Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parkzone F4U-1A Corsair Parkflyer Unboxing, Maiden Flight, and Review

I would describe this one best as a fourth plane option, especially if you don't have someone to trim (tune) it for you so it flies well. If you do, then this might make a decent third plane if you have mastered your aileron trainer.

[/QUOTE]

My review notes for the F4U-1A Corsair, which is the newest Parkzone F4U Corsair are as follows:

Cons:
    - The paint is very fragile
    - The bomb drop fasteners are weak
    - Landing gear hardware could be better
    - It needs a lot of trim out of the box

Pros:
    - Nice looking plane
    - Upgradable
    - Flies nice once trimmed
    - Takes off on grass with stock landing gear

Takeaway: This is a very nice RC plane, but it is not a T-28 Trojan! This plane was flown 100% stock with the exception of flying with a Gforce 2200mAh lipo battery.

That's odd... Park zone planes are usually trimmed spot on right out of the box...
    Based on my takeaway from radian pro and habu2...
    Hanger
    Hirobo XRB SR Lama
    Hirobo Quark SRB
    Hirobo Quark SRB SG
    Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
    Blade450 3D
    MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
    COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
    Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
    FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
    Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
    HK FLYJET EDF
    Artech Skyfun
    Dynam P51D Mustang
    Parkzone P51

Tx:
    Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
    Spektrum DX6i
    DX8
    Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Originally posted by elmosan View Post
      That's odd... Park zone planes are usually trimmed spot on right out of the box...
      Based on my takeaway from radian pro and habu2...
      Yeah, I was not too happy about it, but my Wildcat was pretty out of trim right to left too, so I am always ready for the unexpected after crashing my Wildcat on its top after its maiden.

Comment

So after getting it more dialed in, here is video of this plane taking off and landing much closer to the camera and in soft, muddy grass with stock landing gear:

Comment

This video features the Parkzone F4U-1A Corsair rough field landing gear in a review and maiden flight with the new landing gear.

My review notes focus on the landing gear and for the F4U-1A Corsair Parkzone, which is the newest Parkzone F4U Corsair:

Cons:
          - Not very scale
          - A bit bouncier than the stock landing gear on landings

Pros:
          - Easy to install
          - Inexpensive
          - Have made nose overs next to impossible
          - Makes it possible to taxi on rough damp grass

Takeaway: This is a very nice RC plane in the Parkzone Corsair with the rough field landing gear and it makes it far more flexible of a flying option than my T-28 Trojan! This plane was flown 100% stock with the exception of flying with a Gforce 2200mAh lipo battery and aftermarket landing gear.

Comment

Hey guys!

I have been practicing my landings (in what little free time I have these days) and I finally got a new video up for this plane. It was a lot of fun and boy did it feel like some good summertime flyin'!

This is my second pair of rough field landing gear (it likes to bounce with the wheels pulled forward if I don't land just right and one landing took a weird bounce to side wrecking the first pair).

I would also like to note that other than the paint chips/flakes that are starting to add up, I have had no other issues with this plane so far.

Enjoy!

Comment

This was a good test for the rough terrain landing gear

Comment

Working...
              X