This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad customer service - Jet Hobby RC Models

Recently bought a 2S Lipo battery from Jet Hobby. Put it on charge with a Lipo charger at 1C charge rate and found a discrepancy: Each cell can only reach 4.16 & 4.17 volts max. Went back to Jet Hobby and highlighted probem to Mr Moh (the owner), who decided to verify with his own charger. This was done and same discrepancy found.

Moh commented that it is only 0.0 something volt from 4.2 volt, which is negligible. I explain that for Lipo cells, during the charging process when the cells initially reach 4.2 volts, the capacity of the battery is only at 70%. As the charging continues, voltage of each cell stays at 4.2 while the battery capacity gradually goes up to 100%. All this while, the charging current reduces to a low value as the battery attains full capacity.

At this point Moh drop the bombshell: if you want 4.2 volt, none of our Lipos in this Shop will be able to make it! Take your money and I don't want to sell you anymore.

I was quite shocked that the owner of a LHS don't have basic product knowledge, and worse still, a genuine problem brought up by a customer politely is treated rudely.

On 2nd thought, if Mr Moh is correct that none of the Lipos in his Shop can attain 4.2 volts per cell when charged, he has a big problem and he better contact his supplier, as it means all his Lipos are defective.

Moh may be a successful businessman, but his customer service attitude certainly needs improvement.

If a Lipo cannot charge to 4.2V per cell, it is bad or damaged.
    The shop should just offer a full refund to customer and apologise.
    Making those remarks is just very mean, rude and insulting.
    May be this is their "company culture".

I heard many people have problems with the Lipo from that shop.
    Everyone has to start this hobby as newbie.

Comment

Many people have problem with not only the lipo there but with thier attitude of handling customers.

Comment

Any RC modeller doing electric would know that it is a characteristic of Lipos to reach 4.2 volts per cell
        during charging. Thanks dt2133 for your kind support.

Comment

Bought two batteries from them, bloated even before I've a chance to use it. I know I'm not the only one. @#$&^@%#. . . .

Comment

there are so many good alternatives nowadays....competition is good

Comment

Thanks to all bros who shared their experience, at least I know I'm not alone.

Comment

Wow, didn't know this abt JH. Sorry to hear about that mean treatment. I'm not there often but last I was there I bought a couple of screws... safe buy so I guess. But now I know about the lipos not a chance I'd get that from there. Btw what label are the lipos?

Comment

Bought my DX7 many years ago and had charger problem. Brought back to him and after testing it, gave me a new charger.
                  Not sure if any changes but back then Jet Hobby was commended.

Comment

one of the Jethobby's staffs, lady one, she's quite helpful

Comment

Thanks Nese for your kind words. The label for the lipo is 'Voltron'.
                      Ben, some people may change when they become too successful; Wondering if this could be the case?
                      Lody, I noted your observation. For me, I found both ladies there quite helpful but one is more knowledgeable.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Honestly I met someone maybe a year ago who flew a Voltron pack on idle up for quite a long time on his 450 size bird. Thought it was quite good then... I'm not sure what you encountered was the same stock from some time back cos sometime we really don't know how old the lipos on the shelf are.

Lipo wise I wish there were some kind of sticker of imprint on the lipo foil for the date of manufacturer. But I guess this ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

At the end of the day I guess its about attitude and with attitude like that it's gonna be easy not going back there for me. In a similar way if I see the food seller is in a foul mood or too proud I won't go there to eat. I eat to live... not to have food seller think he's doing me a favour selling me his food. Lucky this is SGP... Food everywhere! Lol.

Comment

No excuse for bad service but then we are living in.. SG. Chill Jimmy
                          Items for Sale:

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyq View Post
                            Recently bought a 2S Lipo battery from Jet Hobby. Put it on charge with a Lipo charger at 1C charge rate and found a discrepancy: Each cell can only reach 4.16 & 4.17 volts max. Went back to Jet Hobby and highlighted probem to Mr Moh (the owner), who decided to verify with his own charger. This was done and same discrepancy found.

Moh commented that it is only 0.0 something volt from 4.2 volt, which is negligible. I explain that for Lipo cells, during the charging process when the cells initially reach 4.2 volts, the capacity of the battery is only at 70%. As the charging continues, voltage of each cell stays at 4.2 while the battery capacity gradually goes up to 100%. All this while, the charging current reduces to a low value as the battery attains full capacity.

At this point Moh drop the bombshell: if you want 4.2 volt, none of our Lipos in this Shop will be able to make it! Take your money and I don't want to sell you anymore.

I was quite shocked that the owner of a LHS don't have basic product knowledge, and worse still, a genuine problem brought up by a customer politely is treated rudely.

On 2nd thought, if Mr Moh is correct that none of the Lipos in his Shop can attain 4.2 volts per cell when charged, he has a big problem and he better contact his supplier, as it means all his Lipos are defective.

Moh may be a successful businessman, but his customer service attitude certainly needs improvement.
                            Havent been there for a long time. But my previous encounters with Moh was really ok.
                            Just wondering, how much did your battery cost ? I know principle wise, price of the battery does not matter. But just wondering.

Also, in terms of application, what were you thinking to use the battery for ?

I think to balance the argument , if you bought a cheap battery and was planning to use for something like a receiver /servo, that frankly, it doesnt affect much.

But i fully understand you may feel offended by his statements. But anyway, you got your money back right ? Full refund right ?

Comment

I bought my stuffs from Jethobby too since they have quite a fair bit of the nitty gritty accessories. So far i find that their service is ok. The malay lady is very helpful, but i do see her some days with a foul mood. She did tell me before that sometimes customers can get really unreasonable. I saw if my own eyes once - a customer insists on paying for an item with a wrong price tag. The malay lady told him before he made payment that the price is wrong but still the customer insists on his "rights" to pay for the item with the stated price tag. It was then when i saw Mok making his stand and told the customer straight that he can choose not to buy. In that instance even though Mok seems unfriendly but i can fully comprehend and support him cos the customer was simply unreasonable to the extend of trying to benefit from a simple mistake.

So i guess its both ways yah? Mok himself is always softspoken and quiet. So far i also never have any issues with him.

But i think they do face some stiff competition from not only other local LHS but mainly online stores. I do try to support them, i cannot imagine if they start closing shop from non-profitability. I cannot wait for my loose items to be shipped in whenever i am short of something in my repair or built. Like what other bro here said, we are living in SG. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X