Name:	PAIT-PREVENT-GLUE.JPG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	384.7 KB
ID:	993822Click image for larger version

Name:	POOR-GLUING2.JPG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	333.2 KB
ID:	993823

The EDF Jet Tiger crashed during a mid air shallow dive (second flight) so spectacular we thought the aircraft exploded because, the battery , ESC, EDF ,canopy was scatter over the field. Unfortunately we did not video the so very spectacular crash.
    When the EDF assembly chassis came off, it rips off the batteries ESC. Fortunately the Futaba receiver was recovered.

The main Aircraft parts survive the crash but other expensive components went missing.
    A close inspection show the probable cause
    1) Poor and shoddy workmanship in the assembly and gluing of the aircraft.
    2) poor QC (probably the absence of QC inspection.)
    3) Poor assembly process.
    4) Lousy and poor quality part. Motor runs very hot during a short runs , 29amps at 36900rpm.

Details: there was very little glue to hold the EDF chassis to main aircraft.The foam part that was glue were covered with paint.

The aircraft comes pre-assembly presumably built in Main Land China but where it was built is immaterial , its in the details. Process and QC sucks big time.

Those buying PLug and Play made in PRC just be-careful. I comes across P & P EDF that comes with an 18 amps rated ESC for a 64mmEDF on 3S lipo???? We found out after we see smoke coming off of its tail pipes and check on its ESC upon landing. I am not saying all P&P aircraft that comes from PRC is bad but it is prudent to check out before flying.

Cheers

MIC
    MIC KEY
    MIC KEY MO USE
    MIC = made in china

Comment

not sure what is the purpose of this thread but i think a generic statement like be careful of pnp prc planes is rather broad and sounds a bit too bias.

seriously , the whole world is using products from china as they are the manufacturing factory of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by chessgame View Post
        not sure what is the purpose of this thread but i think a generic statement like be careful of pnp prc planes is rather broad and sounds a bit too bias.

seriously , the whole world is using products from china as they are the manufacturing factory of the world.

Most of our kits are now made in China, how to avoid? By the way, is that the photo of the crashed EDF which you took in 2006? Can last from 2006 until now is consider very good. Don't you agree?

Comment

Originally posted by tansc View Post
          Most of our kits are now made in China, how to avoid? By the way, is that the photo of the crashed EDF which you took in 2006? Can last from 2006 until now is consider very good. Don't you agree?
          Just now noticed that the pics are from 2006 when you mentioned... Complete newbie to RC so wanted to know.. Can these cheap EDF last more than 7 years ?

Comment

Excuse me for saying this. As hobbyist, it is your responsibilty to verify the quality of built n never assume anything. Keep it mind that your not only engangering yourself but possibilty also to others as well. I always diassemble all parts that are preassemble just to be sure. Believe me I have even found preassembled parts in my Sab Goblin helis to be questionable at times so pls never assume . You owe it to urself to be safe at all times

Comment

To answer your I also said not all PNP from China is of poor quality(however in China favour percentage wise not very high). It's just when you buy a PNP MIC , just check to see the airframe and other critical parts are solid. The crash that I have witness could have hurt somebody, the whole EDF assembly just came hurling down when the parts disengage in mid flight.

Comment

Yes regardless we always must inspect before flying babylon.
                I do that all the time. Even with careful assembly I have screws
                That has come loose even when loctite have been applied.
                Lets not forget that adhesive can degrade with time n exposure
                To UV n heat. We dont even know the quality of adhesive thats
                Being used in the first place but looking at the price point of arf
                Planes coming out of China, I guess the adhesive quality is
                Questionable

Comment

Hi Jaffrie, not everyone is as knowlegeable or experience. The pilot of this unfortunate Jet Tiger is an experience pilot and he paid premium for the kit and did some check but ...it still happen(the crash). Another friend got rip off by another CIM F18 model with also another 64mm EDF for 3S . After one flight, the ESC burn. Upon Checking the ESC is found rated only 18amps severely underated. The usual current for stock 64 mm EDF for 3s is around 30amps.
                  How to check the ESC, its already inside the aircraft and only surgery can have access to the ESC. For this reason I prefer knock a down kit so I know where are the weak points are and have some controls over the components use in the aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon5 View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]126614[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]126615[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]126616[/ATTACH]

Those buying PLug and Play made in PRC just be-careful. I comes across P & P EDF that comes with an 18 amps rated ESC for a 64mmEDF on 3S lipo???? We found out after we see smoke coming off of its tail pipes and check on its ESC upon landing. I am not saying all P&P aircraft that comes from PRC is bad but it is prudent to check out before flying.

Cheers
                    So..... overloaded ESC, ESC got burnt, BEC unit died, RX no power, one nice RC plane crash.

that's making it ridiculously simple

any comments?
                    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Hi all,

I think everyone is smart ... So lets keep cool heads. It is ok to share experience , brands, models that failed, crashes etc. quality issues as well but i guess lets not start this to an ANTI PRC thread and i am sure that was not the intention as well after reading TS comments.... Lets Love RC ! ha ha...

Comment

I bought my Art-Tech Jetiger (plug and fly) from Aerial Hobby years ago so I have experience with this plane. It came with a 1800mah 15C battery which was too weak and caused plenty of problems. Other than that, I am pleased with its build quality. It was made with very tough EPO and even comes with a motor heat fin (how many PnP comes with that?). Out of curiosity, did your Jetiger fly "properly" at maiden. If it did, then pre/after flight-checks are responsibility of pilot. Buying a plane that "explodes" at first flight is another story (see below).

The same happened to my Freewing F-16, when one elevator stab gave after a minute of flight during maiden, then promptly crashed. Do I think differently of products Made in China (MIC) - not really. I fixed it up and it continued serving in my hangar another couple of years. You get what you pay. Even if all possible precautions are taken, any experienced pilot will tell you never say never - accidents do happen. Come to think of it, I am grateful to the country of manufacture mentioned, it had massively driven down the cost/accessibility of RC Hobby, something I would not have started because of its former exorbitant costs.

As with all things in life, you cannot win them all. If 19 out of 20 MIC planes served you well, then throw out that one lemon (colour accurately painted) and get on with the hobby. If you must care about customer rights, a product should function as intended and quality control, etc, then perhaps you should try buying only from other countries of manufacture.
                        Items for Sale:

Comment

Hi Chessgame...This has got nothing to do with anti PRC but the details in the built. You don't put paint on the foam that you are suppose to glue to another foam member. That's is what happen to this Jet Tiger. The place where the glue is suppose to stick is covered with paint...that is why there is poor adhesion. This is a manufacturing and process defect that lead to the failure and crashed. The owner lost an expensive brand new battery and a brand new ESC. How do you think he felt? This thread is suppose to be a message tell the manufacturer to buck up in their design & process and QC and to warn buyer just be vigilant of this particular model. RC aircraft is not a toy and such a crash could damage property or hurt somebody.

Here is the bit of details left out...
                          The first flight was Ok at cruising speed but the the whole EDF assembly comes apart during a shallow where the aircraft picks up speed during the second flight.
                          The first flight probably weaken the joint.

Comment

Even how good is the workmanship and materials, how long do you think the plane can last? 7 years?
                            Just curious, if you start a company manufacturing a foam product, how do you ensure it can last for 10 years?
                            I almost do not see any jetiger on sale in any RC website, not to mention flying, that is how old this model is.

Comment

Working...
                            X