Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topstar 3950kv specification question

Does any 1 know the specifications to this motor? What I managed to get online is only this,

KV: 3950
    Application: Heli/Planes
    Shaft Size: 3.17mm
    Weight: 70g
    Thrust: 1550g
    Lipo: 4 cells 14.4v
    For 70mm EDF

I will require to know the max current draw (need it asap) and preferably some propeller data.

Any help will be appreciated thanks!

unstable....

I burnt 2 of the same motor using 4 cell batteries - but BOY does it go... was drawing a burst current of 65 - 70 Amps (I may have read the peak and not a tested average over a longer period of testing)

max sustainable current before i blew it was within 45 - 57 Amps.... then BLEAH!!!! smoke came out of the exhaust...

I suggest you stick with 3450kv motors... they're much longer lasting (and i clocked 900+ watts on the motor on 4 cell on my EF2000)
    The Joker, "I may be crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS? Noooo!"

Comment

Originally posted by trailblazer View Post
      unstable....

I burnt 2 of the same motor using 4 cell batteries - but BOY does it go... was drawing a burst current of 65 - 70 Amps (I may have read the peak and not a tested average over a longer period of testing)

max sustainable current before i blew it was within 45 - 57 Amps.... then BLEAH!!!! smoke came out of the exhaust...

I suggest you stick with 3450kv motors... they're much longer lasting (and i clocked 900+ watts on the motor on 4 cell on my EF2000)
      Oh man. I tested it on 4s and it drew 74amps. Running it on 3s drew 69max though and I have only flown with 3s so far. Nobody else has any data on this motor?

Comment

69 amps on 3s for this 3950kv motor? Hmmm.. interesting... Any details of how many impellers/blades?

The miniscule amp difference in 3s and 4s shows it's already optimal at 3s, so 4s will just be a waste in heat.

Comment

I am not running it on an EDF. I ran it on an APC two bladed 4.75 by 4.75....

Sounds great, flies fast, but I am not too comfortable with flying with such a high current.

Comment

its an unstable motor... use it your own discretion
            The Joker, "I may be crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS? Noooo!"

Comment

Working...
            X