Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futaba T8J Calibration

Hi All,

I'm super new to RC and yesterday I did my first successful test flight with my DJI 450

There's an issue I experienced tho, after calibration of my Futaba T8J (prior to the flight) the aileron did not end up at 0 or perfectly at centre, so I tried a few re-calibrations but no difference. In the end I ended up changing the endpoint value of the aileron channel to something like 130 and I did a re-calibration. that got me close to 0.. something like -3 which I thought was fine.

Unfortunately, that caused slight back drift when I did my test flight! And I had to keep adjusting while flying... LOL! So what I am wondering is.. is there a proper way to fix this issue? Seems like adjusting the end point is just a workaround. Thanks for any suggestions!

Hi Guys, just an update.

I decided to "wing it" and see if I could solve the issue..
    I changed the endpoints and re-did the calibration and now It's just hovering around 0 after calibration As a precaution, I also re-adjusted the weight balance to make it more balanced. After another test flight, I can say it's flying nicely now

So I guess it's probably a mixture of proper calibration and weight balance.

Comment

Good that it worked for you. I didn't have any similar issues with the Futaba T8J and Naza-1 v2.1 to v3.12.

Comment

Working...
      X