Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Micro Plane Review/Unboxing/Maiden Flight

Hi guys!

Recently bought the new Ultra Micro P-51D from Parkzone. The unboxing/review/maiden flight video is now complete and ready for you all to view. This video includes two flights in addition to the unboxing/review.

I hope you all enjoy!

Hi Lynden,
    Thanks for your video. I have also got myself a UM, the P40 AS3X. PZ is really coming up with more and more of these cute critters.

I noticed in your video, you subbed that you managed to trim the plane. I do hope it's not trimmed using the S-trim and D-trim on your radio. Manual mentioned that mechanical trimming must be done with a pair of tweezers / pliers to pinch and/or pull the tiny metal loops on the linkages to adjust the trim.

With all the advantages AS3X brings, one the the peeves is the fact that you can't simply just click in the trim on our radios. On my maiden flight, I discovered that an insane amount of software trim on the radio was required to adjust for a very teeny weeny slight left roll tendency. Took it back, whipped out my tweezers, gave the loops a small squeeze, flies perfect now w/o any trim.

I guess any amount of radio trim will tend to fight the AS3X's active flight control. My P40 also tends to need some pushing down on the elevator to tease it for a descent to landing. The AS3X is essentially fighting the plane to hold it level. Unlike un-gyroed planes which glides in smoothly once you ease the throttle. In this sense, the AS3X's control felt slightly 'unnatural'. Therefore, i found it essential to maintain some power and push it down somewhat to force some semblance of a smooth glide approach.

Gripes gripes gripes....
    Hanger
    Hirobo XRB SR Lama
    Hirobo Quark SRB
    Hirobo Quark SRB SG
    Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
    Blade450 3D
    MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
    COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
    Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
    FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
    Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
    HK FLYJET EDF
    Artech Skyfun
    Dynam P51D Mustang
    Parkzone P51

Tx:
    Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
    Spektrum DX6i
    DX8
    Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Wow, I didn't know that we can't just click trim on our radios. That is a bugger.

Comment

I forgot to thank you for watching my video. I appreciate it! Also, you are right about PZ coming up with some great new planes. I would have them all if my budget allowed

Comment

Here is another video showing it flying "scale". I am impressed with how realistically it flies.

Comment

I took this video last night and it turned out better than I had hoped. It makes me laugh and enjoy this lovely plane all at the same time. Best of all I got to spend it with my great girlfriend!

Comment

Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
              I took this video last night and it turned out better than I had hoped. It makes me laugh and enjoy this lovely plane all at the same time. Best of all I got to spend it with my great girlfriend!

http://youtu.be/2OwRqBf5muA
              Go get your girlfriend another P51 and start dogfighting!
              Hanger
              Hirobo XRB SR Lama
              Hirobo Quark SRB
              Hirobo Quark SRB SG
              Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
              Blade450 3D
              MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
              COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
              Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
              FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
              Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
              HK FLYJET EDF
              Artech Skyfun
              Dynam P51D Mustang
              Parkzone P51

Tx:
              Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
              Spektrum DX6i
              DX8
              Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Originally posted by elmosan View Post
                Go get your girlfriend another P51 and start dogfighting!
                I will get right on it! I would love to have a Zero to do that with actually.

Comment

So yesterday I shot some new video that does a pretty good job of showing the personality of this still WWII Warbird

Enjoy!

Comment

Here is another video featuring the mustang only this shows how easy it is to fly inverted with this plane:

Comment

This is still my favorite go to micro plane. This is a nice quick sunset flight:

Comment

Will this plane bind with Orange Tx? Thnx

Comment

Originally posted by jhaive View Post
                          Will this plane bind with Orange Tx? Thnx
                          It is a Spektrum receiver, so it should work, but I am by no means an expert in that realm. I would be very surprised if it didn't work.

Comment

Here in another fun flight with this plane:

Comment

Here is my newest video with this plane with my new handycam with zoom! I had two different guys record this for me, so I hope you enjoy what we did

Comment

Working...
                              X