Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all modellers and flyers

Hi to All modellers, it is a joy to see the completion on my 2 favourite fighter jets (already decommissioned) which was in service in the RSAF. Sharing with you after months of struggle on these aircraft to finally find its home in the display cabinet. Both models are 1/48. Hawker Hunter is Italeri brand and F-5E is an old kit from Monogram. The cockpit of the Hawker Hunter is fitted with high details resin parts (actuall is quite "siong" to get them in place), nevetheless it's quite challenging to figure out where the parts should go as instruction is not really clear. F-5E is assembled as it is from the box.

I would appreciate your comments from the more experienced modellers to give me your feedback on improvement I can make to my future models.

Thanks and have a good day!

*Next model construction in progress - AFV F-5F.

Attached Files

Bro, i think you have posted on the wrong forum thread, hope admin will move your thread to the appropriate section for other to appreciate your great work. They're nicely done, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Mg76 View Post
      Bro, i think you have posted on the wrong forum thread, hope admin will move your thread to the appropriate section for other to appreciate your great work. They're nicely done, cheers
      Maybe he's subtly waiting for offers for his jets...

Comment

Models

Had received a pm from DH and nice to learn that DH might create a static model category for discussion. By the way, Perdification, I treasure something that I have put in lots of effort to doing it for my private collection. Did I state if anyone interested can make an offer? My models are not for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by jerrylim1 View Post
          Had received a pm from DH and nice to learn that DH might create a static model category for discussion. By the way, Perdification, I treasure something that I have put in lots of effort to doing it for my private collection. Did I state if anyone interested can make an offer? My models are not for sale.
          Your models are nice. Keep up the good work and keep us posted!

Comment

Cheers to DH for this NEW Category!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrylim1 View Post
              Cheers to DH for this NEW Category!
              Happy modelling to all modellers and flyers.
              Facebook - http://facebook.com/daddyhobby

Comment

This was how I started my love affair with aeroplanes in 1970. Airfix, Revell, Tamiya.......etc. It helped to build up my manual dexterity and trained me. Now, I am a surgeon.

Comment

Cool. Good training foundation for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed View Post
                    This was how I started my love affair with aeroplanes in 1970. Airfix, Revell, Tamiya.......etc. It helped to build up my manual dexterity and trained me. Now, I am a surgeon.
                    Pilot turned surgeon. Beautiful.

Comment

FYI. I tried to apply for RSAF in 1979 but was rejected on medical grounds. I never made it to flying school. In 1990, I saw RC fliers in Italy while on honeymoon and that's how I started RC. Now my wife says I have a squadron of planes which have been relocated to the warehouse as they were occupying more space than the family. The plus point is the dog no longer gets to "mark " the new planes at home. Modelling, aeromodelling, RC flying is therapeutic. Keep it up and kep the photos coming. Cheers.

Comment

Wow.. "a squadron of planes". How I wish I can own as many I like you. Living in pigeon hole with space limitation one can only buy small scale aircraft. Mind if I ask where is your regular flying ground? I have just started this hobby and still under supervision from a friend flying a glider. My training ground is Tuas every Sunday. Would you like to post some of your static models for us to view. Thanks. Have a good weekend.

Comment

Hi Jerry,
                          I am a member of Potong Pasir Flying club under the Potong pasir CC management. We fly at Tuas South Avenue 5 right at the end. You can see a small chain gantry at the end of the road. For enquiries, check with the PPCC or visit us. We fly Sundays morning and afternoon. There is a website link on this forum. There are many senior members who can help you out.
                          Presently I don't do much static models but have a few flying ones. 50cc Spitfire, Edge 540, Yak, Ultimate. 30cc Pilatus porters, Fieseler Storch. 20cc Tiger Moth, Pilatus PC21, Cessna 185, SF 260, Stuka 87 B & D models, SU 26. I love scale models. Relive the Golden Age of aviation. Happy flying.
                          PS: Member of Bukit Batok FC also but still waiting for them to get a new site.

Comment

Hi Lockheed,
                            My flying ground is not too far from yours which is ave 8. We will be about 4pm and the place is also utilised by another. I guessed fliers like that place is because it has cement covered canal which we used as runway. We explored other areas but not really suitable for big nitro planes for landing. Noted you are also a member of B.Batok FC. I flew there a couple of times (friend of mine brought me there) early last year. Unfortunately it was closed for construction project. I got to know some members like Mr Goh (an RC veteran) and Mr Nigel who helped maiden my first glider - the Floater. Not a bad place to fly with ready made runway for take-off. However, the place is not favorable after a heavy downpour which created puddles of water in the field. On one incident my glider landed in the water and short circuited all the electronic components.
                            Thanks for sharing and nice to note those beautiful flying birds you own. Happy flying!

Comment

Sorry for some missing words. Rather difficult to type from mobile phone.

Comment

Working...
                              X