X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a great link. Thank you!

Comment

Hey guys!

This is the third flight with my newest park flyer sized RC Warbird. I take-off and land off of grass in the wind in the video. After my first two flights went so well with this plane (both were caught on video), I waited to fly it again when I had someone there to video my next flight just in case things took a turn for the worst. You know, the law of averages?

My landing wasn't exactly perfect like the one on my second flight, but all in all I am pretty happy with how everything went, especially considering the wind and the cameraman's arms getting tired just when I adjusted to the windy conditions lol

Comment

finding my first plane but i dont think i need trainer need a plane with a variety of speeds such as from 60kph to 150 kph ++ so can use the faster speeds when i think i can fly at the speeds so any recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny11 View Post
          finding my first plane but i dont think i need trainer need a plane with a variety of speeds such as from 60kph to 150 kph ++ so can use the faster speeds when i think i can fly at the speeds so any recommendations?
          You could get a plane that can go that max speed and simply limit your throttle. Like the Hobbyking efx Racer.

If it's your first plane though you'll want a stable, docile flier so you crash less and spend more time learning to fly than learning to fix. Planes that are built for speed are often pretty agile i think. (From my very limited experience with planes.)

Alternatively you could stick a stabilising gyro receiver inside and use it to make the plane docile. The Delta Ray I have has one of them inside and it can literally fly itself out of trouble at the push of a button.
          Unfortunately that bailout function doesn't save it from trees.. For most other things though it's extremely useful.
          [:]=-[Hangar]-=[:]
          Trex 450L Dominator
          Goblin 500
          Spektrum DX9

"Airplanes fly while helicopters simply beat the air into submission."
          -RR Heli Quotes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

how bout the critical mass fron roc hobby ? can i put a as3x receiver such as ar635 in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny11 View Post
              how bout the critical mass fron roc hobby ? can i put a as3x receiver such as ar635 in it?
              I am not familiar with that one, but my advice is to keep in mind that the cooler looking that plane it, the less likely is it will work as a trainer.

Comment

Here is a look at this plane complete with retracts and drop tank in action.

Enjoy!

Comment

Nice low pass and drop tank at 1:27
                  Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Thank you and you are welcome! I have another flight taken after that which gets EVEN better, but I haven't edited that video yet

GB

Comment

Here is an even better look at this plane

Comment

Working...
                      X