Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So in my ever continuing quest to help beginners navigate the large number of options our there in the RC flight world, I have come across one that deserves mention in video form (it was mentioned above).

The Hobby King Bixler (any version) is a great "parkflyer sized" aileron trainer (four-channel) option for those with flying more space and want to move to FPV flights at some point. This is a highly underrated and is an inexpensive gentle flying plane that isn't afraid to take on the elements:

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Here is another look at the Hobbyzone Champ. It is the plane I taught myself to fly with and even after three years of abuse, it still flies on and puts a big grin on my face!

Here it is flying in some wind:

This is it flying in a more wide open area:

PS: Everything is still stock except the tail section and battery of course.

Comment

Before starting to consider buying an RC Plane, you should already consider the Flying site! Singapore is a very small place. You should think first where you plan to fly this thing. I myself have a hard time. So think twice if you are flying in Singapore!

Comment

Originally posted by viperdad View Post
          Before starting to consider buying an RC Plane, you should already consider the Flying site! Singapore is a very small place. You should think first where you plan to fly this thing. I myself have a hard time. So think twice if you are flying in Singapore!
          That actually is a really great point! I have a lot of locations I can fly at, but not everyone does, so that is a critical consideration.

Comment

Tho the flying locations are slowly disappearing, I think we still have quite a few so not to worry

North: Sembawang/woodlands (can't remember the exact location name)
            South/Central: old holland road
            West: tuas
            East: tampines scdf/Lorong halus

If start now, quickly become good, so that if no place to fly, at least got skill to fly sea plane in bedok quarry lol

Comment

Originally posted by Catamus View Post
              Tho the flying locations are slowly disappearing, I think we still have quite a few so not to worry

North: Sembawang/woodlands (can't remember the exact location name)
              South/Central: old holland road
              West: tuas
              East: tampines scdf/Lorong halus

If start now, quickly become good, so that if no place to fly, at least got skill to fly sea plane in bedok quarry lol
              That is true too. The better you get the less flying area you need and water airports are all over the place in most areas!

Comment

This was my first parkflyer sized airplane and frankly things didn't start so great for me with it on the maiden flight (or the warped wings lol). I ended up crashing it on its top, which it somehow survived with no damage. I learned very quickly that planes like this were really fast compared to my Champ and even my UM Mustang.

Since then, I have put tons of flights on it and have only had to replace the cowl and horizontal stabilizer even after many hard landings.

I took to the skies at a local ballpark and fell in love with this classic all over again recently. I hope you enjoy the footage captured from that outing found below:

Comment

Hello Guys,
                  I am new here!

Comment

Welcome Aidenc! Let us know if we can help you would in any way.

GB

Comment

Hi GB,

I have started to fly larger (wingspan: 950 mm) RC airplane after practicing the micro (500 mm) airplane for awhile. However, during my 2nd flight today, i noticed that once airborne, the airplane couldn't fly horizontally without pushing the elevator all the way up (stick down). Once I tried to release the elevator stick, the airplane would start to nosedive like a Stuka. In order to land it, i have to cut off the throttle & let the airplane glide by itself to safety (with the elevator all the way up).

Can you advise what could have gone wrong? My RC is a J3 Cub. Hope to hear from you soon.

Chung

Comment

Hi Chung,

It sounds like your center of gravity or "CG" as we like to call it in the RC world is off. You may want to position your battery farther back and read up on CG in RC Planes. It will help save you a lot of stress in this hobby once you have a good idea how that works

I hope that helps!

GB

Comment

This is my FIRST flight caught on video with this plane of me NOT crashing it lol

I got it from a co-worker that had the ACT System hooked up to the receiver and boy did that dog not hunt! I knew pretty quickly why it was just given to me in pieces.

Without the ACT System, which was what the current SAFE System is on the newer version of this plane is, it is a very viable larger option to learn on than the Champ. It may be better in higher wind areas as well. As you can see in the video, it handled the wind very well.

Comment

This is my most recent flight(s) with this plane after not flying it for a while. Man did I miss it!

Note: I have had this plane for over three years now and even after you are well past the learning phase, this can still be a lot of fun

Comment

GBLynden
                              Thank you for taking the time to do all your postings and videos.
                              It has been a great help and very informative.

Ups for TS!!

Comment

I am very happy to hear that you found this thread to be helpful

Happy flying!

GB

Comment

Working...
                                X