Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perdification View Post
    Yeah, actually, I made the exact same mistake too when I started out. Got a plane that was too fast for me to handle at that time, and ended up with a nasty crash. That was the first and last time I flew that plane.

I realised that what gave me false confidence was actually the Phoenix simulator software. I could practically fly every single plane on the simulator, be it EDF/Turbine Jet/Gas planes and land it without crashing. Then when I took my plane out for real, it was a totally different thing altogether. Everything happened so quick, my plane was practically kissing the ground in less than 5 seconds.

So no matter what, don't try to start off with an EDF/Turbine/Gas/Hotliner plane. You'll almost be 100% sure to kiss the ground in no time, even if you're really confident that you have nailed it on the simulator. It won't turn out the way you expect it to.

I guess we both learnt it the hard way, just so that the beginners reading this thread can take the easier way out.
    This is an excellent post!

Beginners, please head this advice. It is very true based on my experience.

Comment

Oh and I just saw your video. Excellent handling I'd say! And way too fast for a beginner definitely.
      Thank you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
        Thank you sir!
        Thank you for sharing too! Just wondering why there aren't any others commenting in this thread.

Comment

Thank you for sharing too! Just wondering why there aren't any others commenting in this thread.
          That is a good question. Maybe they are just watching us have fun!

Here is my newest plane for your entertainment: http://youtu.be/d7-GdeuB5LQ

Comment

That is a good question. Maybe they are just watching us have fun!
            Yes, many people watching, and have fun too.

Here is my newest plane for your entertainment: http://youtu.be/d7-GdeuB5LQ
            I think this one is too slow for you.
            Everyone has to start this hobby as newbie.

Comment

I got my bixler 2, a glider for training and fpv.

Comment

Originally posted by wengwah View Post
                I got my bixler 2, a glider for training and fpv.
                Those are great planes! How are you liking the FPV?

Comment

Originally posted by dt2133 View Post
                  Yes, many people watching, and have fun too.

I think this one is too slow for you.
                  You are right, but sometimes I need a nice big slow flying plane

Comment

This is a video taken at dusk that captures footage taken of the Hobbyzone Champ, Ultra Micro Parkzone T-28, and the Ultra Micro Parkzone Pole Cat. They are in my humble opinion the perfect one, two, three planes for a beginner (This does not apply if you are in a high wind area. An Ares Gamma 370 or HZ Glasair Sportsman is a better starter plane option along with an instructor in a high wind area). Once one is comfortable with flying these planes, the doors are open to more demanding aircraft.

During the video recording some old biplanes were captured moments before one of them crashed. This adds a lot more to the video making it more entertaining. I also noticed that the emergency response was very very quick after it all went down.

This is also a reminder of why I fly RC and not the real planes.

Comment

Here is a link providing more information on that plane that went down: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/P...207865941.html

Comment

Hi Guys, recently got really interested in RC flying and would like to pick it up as a hobby... would any kind souls here care to guide me along?

Comment

Originally posted by melynx View Post
                          Hi Guys, recently got really interested in RC flying and would like to pick it up as a hobby... would any kind souls here care to guide me along?
                          Absolutely! What questions do you have for us? Also, please give us some information about you and your background (if any) is in RC or video games, etc.

GB

Comment

I took this video yesterday and got my first inverted flight on video. That is a big step in the RC world for some folks, and that includes me:

If there is any good advice for me to offer on inverted flight it is go up way high and practice there

GB

Comment

I took this video yesterday and got my first inverted flight on video. That is a big step in the RC world for some folks, and that includes me:

If there is any good advice for me to offer on inverted flight it is go up way high and practice there

GB
                              I need to post this again as that other link went bad. Something YouTube is kind of hard to deal with: http://youtu.be/Sw6cePZM1Ao

Comment

Even though this is an EDF jet, the way it flies makes it so it could realistically be a third or fourth plane.

Comment

Working...
                                X