Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starmax F-18 EDF Jet

I have to start off by saying I am happy I found this place. I have been flying RC for about two years now and I love it!

My second plane was this jet and needless to say, it has been to hell and back. As a tribute to it, I am going to post a few videos I have of its flying history including a nasty crash that took place where it busted the canopy off and still flew like a champ!

This is the very first recorded flight I made with it and only the second successful flight. The video is a little crude, but I am proud of it. The video do get better as does my flying with it:

Here is a really cool look at it being hand launched:

Here is a the crash after a bad hand launch:

Here is a the flight immediately after with no canopy on it with high speed low passes:

The final video is a look at how it handles wind. With is its achilles heel for sure:

Thanks for viewing and please feel free to share your pictures and videos to compare and contrast this with other EDF's.

GB

What motor, fan , batt etc are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by perfect1 View Post
      What motor, fan , batt etc are you using?
      It has a 64mm EDF fan and it runs on a 25c 1,300 mah 3S battery. I am not sure about the motor kv. It is listed as a 14L linear brushless motor. This is the stock set-up as shown in videos. I have a 1,300 mah 40c battery I am going to put through it when the weather gets better to see if it impacts its performance very much.

Thank you for the question.

GB

Comment

Thanks. Thinking of getting one.

Comment

You are very welcome! I bought mine from Banana Hobby, but I have also seen the same plane at Value Hobby.

Comment

Here is my latest video with my jet. I am pushing the limits of my skill a little bit doing these stunts and tricks, but it is fun

Comment

I took my jet out today in the wind and did some scale flying. I am extremely happy with how the video turned out!

Comment

Nice flying.
                Align TREX 600 N Pro With Skookum 720
                Align TREX 500 With TT GT5 FB
                HK 600 GT With EC 145 Fuselage Flying On Turnigy VBar 600
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gilera180 View Post
                  Nice flying.
                  Thank you very much!

Comment

I had to delete the hand launch crash video and re-upload it.

Here is another look at it in higher resolution: http://youtu.be/CKmvt14XWSA

Comment

I change and hack the Starmax F18 to accept a 2200mah 3S battery and it still flies and glide pretty well. In my opinion 1300mAH battery just does not have the capacity or the discharge current to handle a hungry power 64mm EDF.
                      Here is the video with a 2200maH 3S 25C rhino battery in flight.

Comment

I mean this flight was with a 220omah 3S Ge battery but subsequent flight was with the Rhino battery from Hobby king.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon5 View Post
                          I change and hack the Starmax F18 to accept a 2200mah 3S battery and it still flies and glide pretty well. In my opinion 1300mAH battery just does not have the capacity or the discharge current to handle a hungry power 64mm EDF.
                          Here is the video with a 2200maH 3S 25C rhino battery in flight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEV4W-Gpvas
                          Nice flying! I can't believe that it is still floaty with that heavy of a set-up. Nice work

Comment

After being on the shelf for several months, I decided to fly it today. Let's just say that the first flight did not go as planned, but made a nice blooper later in the video!

Comment

1Thanks for sharing that last video!

Comment

Working...
                              X