Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJI Phantom (RTF)

Bought a DJI Phantom from RP innovations a few weeks back for SGD 930. Today I realized that SingaporeHobby are selling it for SGD864.50! Feel ripped off!:-( Not blaming anyone, I should have checked prices at other places. For otheres who're thinking of buying this, SingaporeHobby give a better deal.
    p.s:-Am not affiliated with any shops. Just a quadcopter beginner getting my feet wet:-(

Originally posted by cruiser73 View Post
    Bought a DJI Phantom from RP innovations a few weeks back for SGD 930. Today I realized that SingaporeHobby are selling it for SGD864.50! Feel ripped off!:-( Not blaming anyone, I should have checked prices at other places. For otheres who're thinking of buying this, SingaporeHobby give a better deal.
    p.s:-Am not affiliated with any shops. Just a quadcopter beginner getting my feet wet:-(
    864.5 inclusive of 7% gst? think maybe u should check.
    Heli-ADDICTION:
    Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
    JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Oops! Spoke to Singapore Hoby. SGD 864.5 is without GST, so incl GST it comes to SGD 925. About the same. Feeling better already
      Thanks feudallordcult

Comment

Hi cruiser73, are you bringing your new DJI Phantom along for the night flying at Buangkok tonight ?

I'd really like to see this new quad in action.
        www.rov.sg

Comment

You know what quad, I haven't even set it up. Waiting on my PC (laptop). All my 3 comps at home are macs. Don't want to try Parallels/VM/bootcamp as I use my Macs for work. Will get a laptop, set it up properly and bring it to one of the sessions.

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser73 View Post
            Oops! Spoke to Singapore Hoby. SGD 864.5 is without GST, so incl GST it comes to SGD 925. About the same. Feeling better already
            Thanks feudallordcult
            dude, dun thank me. just do the needful checks before u post. u never know whose reading & wat kind of tussle it may potentially lead to.
            Heli-ADDICTION:
            Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
            JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Sure, will be more careful in future:-)

Comment

I bought mine from zone5hobby for $900 inclusive of GST.

Video of first flight

Bought a spare battery yesterday from Singahobby..
                Huayin Scorpion 3S 2200MAH 65+C w XT60 connector and soldered to it. ($52.90 + $2.90 + $10) (battery compartment cannot close due to the size)
                Bought a prop balancer too...$23

Total spent on the above $95 inclusive of GST.

Spent yesterday evening learning and trying to balance the props by using scotch tape.

Went for a lunch time flight just now at CD field....and crashed during landing cos i panicked when i saw the red led blinking indicating 1st battery warning.

I would like to join this evening if the weather permits cos its' raining now....

Comment

nice 1st flight

Look forward to seeing you at Buangkok for the night flying.

Yes, it was raining earlier but hopefully it will dry out by tonight
                  www.rov.sg

Comment

Originally posted by guile View Post
                    I bought mine from zone5hobby for $900 inclusive of GST.

Video of first flight

Bought a spare battery yesterday from Singahobby..
                    Huayin Scorpion 3S 2200MAH 65+C w XT60 connector and soldered to it. ($52.90 + $2.90 + $10) (battery compartment cannot close due to the size)
                    Bought a prop balancer too...$23

Total spent on the above $95 inclusive of GST.

Spent yesterday evening learning and trying to balance the props by using scotch tape.

Went for a lunch time flight just now at CD field....and crashed during landing cos i panicked when i saw the red led blinking indicating 1st battery warning.

I would like to join this evening if the weather permits cos its' raining now....

Hi Guile,

If you are flying at that field again, I would like to join you. I live nearby the field.

Cheers,
                    Adnan
                    Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
                    ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
                    Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by quadflyer View Post
                      nice 1st flight

Look forward to seeing you at Buangkok for the night flying.

Yes, it was raining earlier but hopefully it will dry out by tonight
                      Thanks, I'm looking forward to it too. Charging my batteries now.

Originally posted by randomtask View Post
                      Hi Guile,

If you are flying at that field again, I would like to join you. I live nearby the field.

Cheers,
                      Adnan
                      Sure, i live at Bedok South Ave 2...a few bus stops away. It's the only field i can find nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask View Post
                        Hi Guile,

Cheers,
                        Adnan
                        Adnan, very familiar field indeed.

Comment

My second flight which I took the other day and had a hard landing around the 9.55 min mark.

Met up with quadflyer that night to do some night flying at Buangkok field. Though there was only 2-3 of us and a slight drizzle at the beginning, we still had fun and I had a chance to experience night flying and using only the LED lights of the Phantom to guide my orientation.

It was pretty cool and I would definitely like to do it again. Next couple of days gonna be busy again....dunno when I will be free to fly again.

I will put up the video of the night flight next time when I'm free.

Comment

Originally posted by guile View Post
                            My second flight which I took the other day and had a hard landing around the 9.55 min mark.

Met up with quadflyer that night to do some night flying at Buangkok field. Though there was only 2-3 of us and a slight drizzle at the beginning, we still had fun and I had a chance to experience night flying and using only the LED lights of the Phantom to guide my orientation.

It was pretty cool and I would definitely like to do it again. Next couple of days gonna be busy again....dunno when I will be free to fly again.

I will put up the video of the night flight next time when I'm free.
                            Next time you swing by Tampines Field behind CD... must jio!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaen View Post
                              Next time you swing by Tampines Field behind CD... must jio!
                              will do...

Comment

Working...
                              X