Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaen View Post
    Good stuff. They already announced the phantom gimble months ago in germany but that new dji camera with ios link is interesting.
    Also I think you're missing out that hes not the boss of DJI... DJI USA is just a subsidiary of DJI China... he works for the chinese... he doesn't own the company.
    I didn't say he owns DJI USA, he is just a CEO there, but it does seem that he either owns Avean Media (check out the Vimeo link) or has a partnership/share in it.

DJI, Cineron and Avean Media seems to work very closely with one another developing/testing gimbals and doing aerial video/photo.

Comment

Originally posted by guile View Post
      Exciting new stuffs for the Phantom from NAB 2013

Just a fun trivia...Colin Guinn, CEO Of DJI North America participated in Amazing Race 5 with his gf (now wife), Christie Woods, former Miss Teen USA and they came in 2nd.

If you had seen all the Phantom videos, he is the same guy. Not bad for someone who started from his own cellphone business to having his own company specializing in aerial video and now a CEO..

http://vimeo.com/aveanmedia
      Is this a new Phatom or is it just new camera gimbal? Looking real good. Feel like buying 1 for travel. Any suggestions ?cheers

Comment

Originally posted by nightmare8118 View Post
        Is this a new Phatom or is it just new camera gimbal? Looking real good. Feel like buying 1 for travel. Any suggestions ?cheers
        There is a new Phantom called Phantom Vision which basically comes with its own camera on a brushless gimbal which you can control the camera wirelessly via an IOS App (settings, start stop, tilt etc...) The video from the youtube shows that the camera can record 1080 30p, 1080 60i and the lower res as well as still pictures ....

They are also releasing a brushless gimbal made solely for the Hero 3. This can be fixed on existing Phantoms, just need to do a bit of DIY installation.

An an interview with the CEO explaining the new products...

Comment

Thanks guile for the info. Thinking of buying 1

Comment

Hi guys, new here. Have a question, i am thinking of getting a Phantom to join the club but can you advise if its fairly maintenance free. I can do a bit of tinkering but really sucks at that. Also if i do encounter a mechanical or need repairs that i am not confident of doing, is there somewhere in SG that i can bring to for repairs? Or bros here are fairly eager to help out for payment in kind etc?
            Thanks

Comment

The Phantom flies pretty much out of the box. As for maintenance, I dont think there is any place in Singapore that do that. But the forum bros here would help you out with your questions. It's always better for you find out how to repair and repair it yourself so that you'll know how to do it in future. You'll learn a lot from bros here. Incidentally, I have my Phantom for sale in the classifieds-multirotors section

Comment

Hi Guile,

Can i check if the Scorpion is any good? They are quite expensive. What is the flight time? I have read about the Turnigy being an alternative batt as well? Any advise on that?
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by guile View Post
                  I bought mine from zone5hobby for $900 inclusive of GST.

Video of first flight

Bought a spare battery yesterday from Singahobby..
                  Huayin Scorpion 3S 2200MAH 65+C w XT60 connector and soldered to it. ($52.90 + $2.90 + $10) (battery compartment cannot close due to the size)
                  Bought a prop balancer too...$23

Total spent on the above $95 inclusive of GST.

Spent yesterday evening learning and trying to balance the props by using scotch tape.

Went for a lunch time flight just now at CD field....and crashed during landing cos i panicked when i saw the red led blinking indicating 1st battery warning.

I would like to join this evening if the weather permits cos its' raining now....
                  Hi Guile or bros,

Can i check if the Scorpion is any good? They are quite expensive. What is the flight time? I have read about the Turnigy being an alternative batt as well? Any advise on that?
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by diverboy75 View Post
                    Hi Guile or bros,

Thanks
                    Flight time is roughly the same as the stock battery. It is slightly thicker, longer and heavier and I can't close the battery compartment if i use the Scorpion. The Turnigy Nanotechs work fine as well...about the same size as the stock battery and i have no problems closing the battery compartment. I would recommend the Turnigy though.

Comment

Good one. Thanks bro!

Comment

You can get the zippy 3s 25c 2200mah at usd9. It is so much cheaper ....

Comment

Is the phantom really stable on gps mode.
                          Or u guys got change any setting in the NAZA FC to make it more stable and easier to fly. ?
                          Can it hold the position on a windy day?

Comment

Originally posted by wengwah View Post
                            You can get the zippy 3s 25c 2200mah at usd9. It is so much cheaper ....
                            Thanks for the Zippy alternative. Yes definitely a much better cost option. However, the Turnigy is highly recommended due to its so called nanotech USP. Any difference on these both from Turnigy and Zippy users?

Comment

Originally posted by iz77 View Post
                              Is the phantom really stable on gps mode.
                              Or u guys got change any setting in the NAZA FC to make it more stable and easier to fly. ?
                              Can it hold the position on a windy day?
                              Hi, you can...bring your phantom to our meet...I will 'tune' it such that you can do one hand take off in the wind! Plus it's way more stable flying in GPS att and manual att. No mods required. Many folks were extremely satisfied w this simple dial in. Totally FOC...so hop over to sgdrifters

Comment

Originally posted by bozora View Post
                                Hi, you can...bring your phantom to our meet...I will 'tune' it such that you can do one hand take off in the wind! Plus it's way more stable flying in GPS att and manual att. No mods required. Many folks were extremely satisfied w this simple dial in. Totally FOC...so hop over to sgdrifters
                                Thanks for the offer.

But I been very busy lately...
                                Btw u guys only fly in tuas only?
                                Or got other places like punggol, tampinese?

Comment

Working...
                                X