Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TruckBasher View Post
    25mw is more than enough for a 1.5-2Km(unobstructed) radius iftron sells one as well as some chinese brands. having said that again FPV is not fully allowed in SG. Its a bit vague as to what is allowed and what is not. As far as IDA 2.4Ghz wireless video tx was indicated on the allotted spectrum, normally operated on cranes or similar application. This has not been fully approved for RC hobby application. Then again, the NDP aerial video was using a video tx as far as I know but he had applied for proper license. So we are back to square one where we dont know which is allowed and which is not for RC hobbiest.

Just a word of caution, if you use any other freq other than 2.4 for your RC model be prepared for random IDA to drop by your location and ask questions, you may get away with 5.8ghz as it is allotted for wifi but FPV is another question to be answered.

Lastly, this discussion IMHO is not best discussed here...maybe next get together we can all discuss this.
    For 25mw, this looks like the only option.

It should be okay right? Not only for FPV/AP or framing of shots...but for other purposes such as transmitting video wirelessly such as on a steadycam to a director's monitor (it comes with RCA inputs for TX and RCA outputs to connect to other display devices)

We use this for video production where cabling is not possible and it has a higher mw (49mw) using 5.8ghz as well.

Comment

Originally posted by icube View Post
      Hi guys, I am a fellow phantom flyer too. Would like to know if you guys know what kind of props suitable for the phantom that are available in our local hobby shops? thanks!
      Jethobby is selling the black DJI Props suitable for the Phantom. It should fit with no problems.

I've ordered some 8" and 9" Graupners at 5 Euros a prop (excluding local shipping to Germany) from a German online RC Shop as this was recommended on most Phantom forums.

I will need to ream these props though and add washers/spacers in between the prop and nut.

Comment

Originally posted by guile View Post
        For 25mw, this looks like the only option.

It should be okay right? Not only for FPV/AP or framing of shots...but for other purposes such as transmitting video wirelessly such as on a steadycam to a director's monitor (it comes with RCA inputs for TX and RCA outputs to connect to other display devices)

We use this for video production where cabling is not possible and it has a higher mw (49mw) using 5.8ghz as well.
        http://www.idxtek.com/products/cw-5hd
        I think as long as you've got a camera on your aerial vehicle, it will require a permit from CAAS. Whether it is recording or not during flight is another story. Some people might say that "Yes there a cam mounted but I didn't turn it on..." In those situations, it's our word against the authorities...

Oh this is a headache...

Comment

Originally posted by perdification View Post
          I think as long as you've got a camera on your aerial vehicle, it will require a permit from CAAS. Whether it is recording or not during flight is another story. Some people might say that "Yes there a cam mounted but I didn't turn it on..." In those situations, it's our word against the authorities...

Oh this is a headache...
          Yes, it's a headache to those who bought AR Drones....everytime they want to fly must get permit from CAAS. The built in camera is constantly on, even when you're not recording, you are guilty of doing FPV...

So whoever buys it from Toys R Us, Challenger, Apple SG Store and various hobby shops can only go play in your house (outside cannot, later neighbours will accuse you of spying on them and call lawyer) or Malaysia without needing to ask for permit.

Headache sia....next time I will be more afraid of flying my AR Drone outside than my Phantom without a camera.

Comment

Yes, it's a headache to those who bought AR Drones....everytime they want to fly must get permit from CAAS. The built in camera is constantly on, even when you're not recording, you are guilty of doing FPV...

So whoever buys it from Toys R Us, Challenger, Apple SG Store and various hobby shops can only go play in your house (outside cannot, later neighbours will accuse you of spying on them and call lawyer) or Malaysia without needing to ask for permit.

Headache sia....next time I will be more afraid of flying my AR Drone outside than my Phantom without a camera.
            I think the safest way is to either remove the camera, or fly in areas where there is really just grass and trees and jungles and where there's not any form of human activities or presence, including buildings/HDBs. But places like these are hard to come by in Singapore. Even flying in your backyard is a potential problem if your multirotor is high enough to view your neighbour's property. Maybe if they come down hard on us, we'll have to fly at the beach, over the sea?

Recently we as RC'ers have been in the limelight, due to stuff like Helicopters flying into people, and Multirotors doing Aerial Photography... It's a real pity if they ban us from flying.

Comment

Where go sell phantom in sg and how much?

Comment

Originally posted by iz77 View Post
                Think I saw someone selling here on DH. Else try this: http://www.singahobby.com/?q=node/31...FYR66wodfT0ANQ

Comment

Originally posted by iz77 View Post
                  Originally posted by perdification View Post
                  Think I saw someone selling here on DH. Else try this: http://www.singahobby.com/?q=node/31...FYR66wodfT0ANQ
                  I msg him but was too late already.

Comment

I think Jet Hobby has it
                    www.rov.sg

Comment

Ok thanks. I will survey it later.

Comment

Bro guile, are you in television? As in work in broadcast TV?

Comment

i saw many APC propellers in our local hobby stores and I read a few forums did say they are suitable for the phantom. But anyone has experience with them? which type is suitable?

Comment

Exciting new stuffs for the Phantom from NAB 2013

Just a fun trivia...Colin Guinn, CEO Of DJI North America participated in Amazing Race 5 with his gf (now wife), Christie Woods, former Miss Teen USA and they came in 2nd.

If you had seen all the Phantom videos, he is the same guy. Not bad for someone who started from his own cellphone business to having his own company specializing in aerial video and now a CEO..

Avean is a full service media company specializing in high end aerial cinematography, 3d animation, production, and post services. Contacts : Colin Guinn 512-739-0179

Comment

Exciting new stuffs for the Phantom from NAB 2013

Just a fun trivia...Colin Guinn, CEO Of DJI North America participated in Amazing Race 5 with his gf (now wife), Christie Woods, former Miss Teen USA and they came in 2nd.

If you had seen all the Phantom videos, he is the same guy. Not bad for someone who started from his own cellphone business to having his own company specializing in aerial video and now a CEO..

http://vimeo.com/aveanmedia
                              Good stuff. They already announced the phantom gimble months ago in germany but that new dji camera with ios link is interesting.
                              Also I think you're missing out that hes not the boss of DJI... DJI USA is just a subsidiary of DJI China... he works for the chinese... he doesn't own the company.

Comment

Interesting! Nice new products. Colin mentions that you can get the new props from your dealer for free. Hmmmm.... Time to ask RP Innovations for free props.

Comment

Working...
                                X