Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a link to IDA's website which has the radio freq spectrum master plan,

Short Range Devices (SRD) is the section to read, in the annex 2, page 16, it does mention 5.8ghz.

I hope this is helpful.
    www.rov.sg

Comment

So 5.8 is allowed right? How about the output power of Tx?is there a limit for mW?
      Thanks!

Comment

I would suggest calling IDA to find out.
        www.rov.sg

Comment

Originally posted by quadflyer View Post
          http://www.caas.gov.sg/caas/en/Regul...ml?__locale=en

IMHO this would apply equally to aerial videography.

Maybe someone from the RC community could contact CAAS directly for clarification.
          If you are flying below 60m in height you do not need to notify CAAS. Well unless you are doing AP...

Originally posted by syad17 View Post
          Hi,is 5.8ghz allowed in singapore for fpv?
          Sorry for the noobie question..
          (b) Radio Local Area Networks (RLANs)/5GHz

Radio Local Area Networks (RLANs) include networks using IEEE802.11 and
          HiperLAN standards.
          IDA has opened up 5150-5350 MHz, 5470-5725 MHz and 5725-5850 MHz for
          wireless access systems

5.8Ghz FPV sits within the 5725-5850Mhz spectrum... I'll call it a wireless access system because it gives u access to your aircraft while it is flying out of LoS! Then again I don't write the definition for the IDA so...

Remote control of aircraft and glider models and machines, telemetry and alarm systems IDA TS SRD
          26.96 - 27.28 MHz
          29.70 - 30.00 MHz
          ≤ 500 mWERP

Unfortunately no one makes RC telemetry systems for those spectrums...

Radio telemetry, telecommand system IDA TS SRD
          433.05 - 434.79 MHz
          ≤ 10 mWERP

Really? 433mhz Telemetry under 10mW? Not all of us are playing ground based robots... pfft

Radio telemetry, telecommand, RFID system IDA TS SRD
          866 - 869 MHz
          920 - 925 MHz
          ≤ 500 mWERP -

920 - 925 MHz
          > 500 mWERP
          ≤ 2000 mWERP

Wireless video transmitter and other SRD applications IDA TS SRD
          2.4000 - 2.4835 GHz ≤ 100 mWEIRP -
          10.50 - 10.55 GHz - ≤ 117 dBV/m @ 10m
          24.00 - 24.25 GHz ≤ 100 mWEIRP

So apparently using wireless video on 2.4ghz under 100mW is legal... albeit useless... who uses a tx with less then 100mW

SRD applications IDA TS SRD
          5.725 - 5.850 GHz ≤ 100 mWEIRP

Again Wireless video could be basket classified under this "SRD applications" section... good luck trying to find a video tx with under 100mW though...

Here is a link to IDA's website which has the radio freq spectrum master plan,

Short Range Devices (SRD) is the section to read, in the annex 2, page 16, it does mention 5.8ghz.

I hope this is helpful.
          Useful little dig there quadflyer.

Originally posted by syad17 View Post
          So 5.8 is allowed right? How about the output power of Tx?is there a limit for mW?
          Thanks!
          Sorta gray-ish. Under 100mW.

I would suggest calling IDA to find out.
          I concur. please update us when you do.

Comment

25mw is more than enough for a 1.5-2Km(unobstructed) radius iftron sells one as well as some chinese brands. having said that again FPV is not fully allowed in SG. Its a bit vague as to what is allowed and what is not. As far as IDA 2.4Ghz wireless video tx was indicated on the allotted spectrum, normally operated on cranes or similar application. This has not been fully approved for RC hobby application. Then again, the NDP aerial video was using a video tx as far as I know but he had applied for proper license. So we are back to square one where we dont know which is allowed and which is not for RC hobbiest.

Just a word of caution, if you use any other freq other than 2.4 for your RC model be prepared for random IDA to drop by your location and ask questions, you may get away with 5.8ghz as it is allotted for wifi but FPV is another question to be answered.

Lastly, this discussion IMHO is not best discussed here...maybe next get together we can all discuss this.

Comment

Thanks to those who answered me.Now got some rough idea of it.
              Im sorry to ask off topic question at this thread..

Comment

Is phantom as big as Dji 450?

Comment

Motor to motor its about the same size as the F330
                  www.rov.sg

Comment

Originally posted by TruckBasher View Post
                    25mw is more than enough for a 1.5-2Km(unobstructed) radius iftron sells one as well as some chinese brands. having said that again FPV is not fully allowed in SG. Its a bit vague as to what is allowed and what is not. As far as IDA 2.4Ghz wireless video tx was indicated on the allotted spectrum, normally operated on cranes or similar application. This has not been fully approved for RC hobby application. Then again, the NDP aerial video was using a video tx as far as I know but he had applied for proper license. So we are back to square one where we dont know which is allowed and which is not for RC hobbiest.

Just a word of caution, if you use any other freq other than 2.4 for your RC model be prepared for random IDA to drop by your location and ask questions, you may get away with 5.8ghz as it is allotted for wifi but FPV is another question to be answered.

Lastly, this discussion IMHO is not best discussed here...maybe next get together we can all discuss this.
                    It's a very gray space IMHO... let's not give them a reason to ban it outright.
                    Agreed, how about swinging by Tampines CD Field say this sunday afternoon? Fun fly and some discussion after?

Comment

Hi guys, I am a fellow phantom flyer too. Would like to know if you guys know what kind of props suitable for the phantom that are available in our local hobby shops? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by icube View Post
                        Hi guys, I am a fellow phantom flyer too. Would like to know if you guys know what kind of props suitable for the phantom that are available in our local hobby shops? thanks!
                        The stock props are DJI 8045. So, you could buy 8045 gemfans ar any other 8045 props. But make sure you balance your props before you fly. Helps a lot in reducing vibrations. I usually order props from HK.

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser73 View Post
                          The stock props are DJI 8045. So, you could buy 8045 gemfans ar any other 8045 props. But make sure you balance your props before you fly. Helps a lot in reducing vibrations. I usually order props from HK.
                          Thanks cruiser. Any links for the props you mentioned? Which shop sells these props? Thanks once again.

Comment

Thanks cruiser. Any links for the props you mentioned? Which shop sells these props? Thanks once again.
                            You can use APC slowfly or Gemfan props available at pretty much any shop that stocks plane and multirotor parts and accessories.

Comment

HK=HobbyKing. If you're going to get only a few, buying local makes sense. Jet Hobby or most shops at Fook Hai bldg.

Comment

Well, you could post a WTB thread in the Marketplace here on DH too... See if any bros have any spares.

Comment

Working...
                                X