Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live close by too, in Pasir Ris. Once I'm done with my setup/tune process, will join you guys at the Tampines field.

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser73 View Post
      I live close by too, in Pasir Ris. Once I'm done with my setup/tune process, will join you guys at the Tampines field.
      awesome!
      I just had a few large boxes of stuff arrive yesterday from us and china....
      Still missing a few items and orders held up in backorders... but soon i'll have a big rig to hack and tune

Comment

Here's the video of the night flight taken on last Thursday night at Buangkok green.

Just gotten some moongel to see if it further helps lessen the jello and vibration in the video.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-23 07.23.54.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	559.2 KB
ID:	974074

Comment

nice video, thanks for coming over for the night flying
          www.rov.sg

Comment

Another night video I took late Thursday night....

Pity i chose the wrong setting for the camera...

Comment

Good to see multirotor guys flying and posting video again. However, a gentle reminder there is still a vague ruling as to where we can fly. The last video may seem isolated and lesser foot traffic but not only its not safe for sudden hard landing but a runaway quad will be dangerous. I am not questioning your piloting skills I bet you are better than me but imagine you had a hard landing or lose orientation and fell on a person or a car which caused major accident on the road. Worst you had a run away and it went into the court area or the church.

Its fun that we can fly but lets be responsible else all flyer will be affected if government implements strict flying or worst ban us

I dont mean to bash or anything I like to fly but I dont want to get banned for flying unsafe. Oh by the way those flying on MB area most of them had to get license and insurance to fly in the area and Im pretty sure most area in the city requires one

Comment

I agree with Truckbasher. Don't fly near any buildings, major roads/landmarks and places where you could land on people...
                Be responsible for your actions because the rest of us who fly might be punished because of it.

I'm sure some of you have heard of the story of the 2 idiots who flew FPV over an army camp....

Comment

Hello Kaen. No, I haven't heard the story about FPV flying. I thought it was illegal in Singapore. Or is it only certain frequencies that are not allowed for FPV?

Comment

Hello Kaen. No, I haven't heard the story about FPV flying. I thought it was illegal in Singapore. Or is it only certain frequencies that are not allowed for FPV?
                    That was "probably" the reason it is illegal... some guys thought it was fun to fly over an army camp with FPV... (if u are not local, cameras are illegal within most military facilities). I'm told MDA also prowls around singapore with spectrum analysers to scan popular FPV frequencies....

So a bit of discretion is necessary!

p.s = do not quote me on any of the above... I haven't seen any "official" info on CAAS... so IMHO.. it's all hearsay until proven.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaen View Post
                      That was "probably" the reason it is illegal... some guys thought it was fun to fly over an army camp with FPV... (if u are not local, cameras are illegal within most military facilities). I'm told MDA also prowls around singapore with spectrum analysers to scan popular FPV frequencies....

So a bit of discretion is necessary!

p.s = do not quote me on any of the above... I haven't seen any "official" info on CAAS... so IMHO.. it's all hearsay until proven.
                      Sure. Thanks. What about using 3DR radio telemetry? Either the 433MHz or 915MHz?

Comment

Sure. Thanks. What about using 3DR radio telemetry? Either the 433MHz or 915MHz?
                        It's sorta a gray area? But If you don't have a camera on board... it's a little less gray...
                        Should be "ok" with 433mhz telemetry.... avoid 915mhz at all cost coz you are shooting yourself in the foot... GSM runs on 900mhz spectrum... so proximity to a GSM base station (seriously in singapore, that literally means EVERYWHERE ROFL) gimps your telemetry signal.

Comment

Thanks bro.

Comment

Thanks bro.
                            No probs cruiser73~

Comment

IMHO this would apply equally to aerial videography.

Maybe someone from the RC community could contact CAAS directly for clarification.
                              www.rov.sg

Comment

Hi,is 5.8ghz allowed in singapore for fpv?
                                Sorry for the noobie question..

Comment

Working...
                                X