Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scratch built 500 size attack helicopter

hi, all, i have scratch built my attack helicopter for my Trex500 DFC, i have flew this for the past i week, the helicopter perform very well, please see pics, thanku,

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0002s.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	989002Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0003s.jpg
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	989003Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0007s.jpg
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	989004Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0008s.jpg
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	989005Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0012s.jpg
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	989006Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0013s.jpg
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	989007

Abang.....Nice da deh!

enjoy.
    Sondol first talk later!

Comment

Bro, very nice ,where you get and how much ?

Comment

1 Word. SWEE...

Comment

Nice work!
          Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
          ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
          Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

hi all, thank for the good words, i wanted to built my own fuselage long long time ago, after can't find the 500 size super cobra, i decided to built my own, i build the first one early last december, the fuselage is more heavy and the shape wasn't look like attack helicopter, so go on doing the second one,

the fuselage is made of thin corrugated board and basswood, i have to draw out the shape on the corrugated board and bend to shape, this time round did a few try out to get shape i wanted, the body is a one piece of board, no joining, the canopy is another,

after finish the fuselage, i waterproof the whole fuselage, spray primer, sand with sand paper, primer again, sand, spray actual colour, draw panel line, spray dark grey along the panels,

the next step is to create my own numbers and words in the computer, and print out as water sliding decal,

the machine gun in front is made of basswood, cut every pieces and join them together, the most challenging parts is the missiles, to create 8 missiles, i have to patiently cut out from basswood, shape, sand, join all parts together,

after final check on the fuselage, i spray 2K clear coat to the fuselage, i spray a thin coat of matt clear to the fuselage after the 2K is dried,

i enjoy the built very much, it is a very good experience to build a custom helicopter fuselage,

found i more photo on the fuselage, enjoy,

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0005s.jpg
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	973782

Comment

Working...
            X