Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some help is appreciated.

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask some questions and hope some of you could shed some light. I'm new to the RC planes scene. I was contemplating between buying a mini 50mm EDF jet or getting the phoenix 2000 glider.

i do know that both of them are not for beginners, but i've fly a couple of simulators and able to fly and land them with ease. So i'm wondering which I should get for a start instead of the virtual RC plane.

another thing is i know and i heard about depron foam planes. LEt's say a 2.2kV brushless motor on a 30A ESC, with a 3S 1300mAh, how long will the battery last (considering full throttle all the way from start) before i need to change a battery before continuing flying?

Thanks in advance

J-Power F22 50mm EDF Jet
    Wing Span : 510mm | Length: 740mm | Flying Weight: 330g | Wing load: 48.5g / dm2 | Servo: 8g,1.0-1.2kg/cm,0.12s/60? | Battery : 11.1V 850mAh(20C) Li-PO | Motor: 4200kV brushless

Can i also know how long does this setup flies for with a full charge battery?

Comment

Originally posted by AreaKruzer View Post
      J-Power F22 50mm EDF Jet
      Wing Span : 510mm | Length: 740mm | Flying Weight: 330g | Wing load: 48.5g / dm2 | Servo: 8g,1.0-1.2kg/cm,0.12s/60? | Battery : 11.1V 850mAh(20C) Li-PO | Motor: 4200kV brushless

Can i also know how long does this setup flies for with a full charge battery?
      If I'm not wrong EDF's generally fly for 5mins on a full charge with recommended batteries.

But to be safe, get a low voltage buzzer which will beep like bats outta hell when you voltage gets low. Get one with adjustable voltage settings.
      Airplanes fly while helicopters beat the air into submission - Hugh Downs

[U]Hangar:[/U]
      Logo 500

[U]Held in loving memory:[/U]
      MSH Mini Protos - Sold because I don't want to have anything to do with St Passion!
      HK500GT with Align 4-Bladed Rotor Head
      TREX 600EFL Pro

[B]WTS: Mikado Logo 500SE[/B]

Comment

Between the jet and the glider, I would go for the glider. Gliders are MUCH easier to fly and will give you a much better chance for success.

Now, I am sure that you will find someone who said his first plane was a ducted fan jet and he learned how to fly it in 5 minutes and was doing full pattern flying by the end of the day and is entering the national championships after 2 months. If you are him, go for it.

But I was a bumbling fool who made every mistake possible, which is the source of much of the writing I have done for new pilots. All I care about is that you will have the absolute best chance of getting that first plane into the air, keeping it there without losing it, and getting it down safely without wrecking it beyond repair. I don't care about aerobatics or cool looks or any of that stuff. I care about basic flying success and that is it.

So the planes I recommend are those that have given new pilots the greatest opportunity to succeed despite their over control, bumbling, ignoring advice, violating the Six Keys to Success and all. They can still fail with the planes I recommend but they are going to have to work at it. There are surely others, but these are the ones that have my 100% endorsement.

So, based on that understanding I recommend RTFs of known character that are well built and well matched to the goal at hand, getting that newbie to a level of success as fast as possible. And they have to have spare parts available and they have to be SOOOO easy to repair. These qualify.

Firebird Stratos RTF

HobbyZone Super Cub RTF

Hitec Sky Scout RTF

If you want to get into gliders and soaring then I recommend the Radian

With these RTFs, all variables are removed. Nothing to know about servos, CG, receivers, radios, etc. Read the instructions, follow the Six keys to Success and some advice from me.

> Six Keys to Success

That is the basis of my recommendations. Naturally, your smileage will vary

Comment

Working...
        X