Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Model train shop in Singapore

Hi is there still shop in Singapore selling model train ?

At the same time, anywhere we can get plastic locmotive scale model of various scale.

Any advice are welcome

Thank you

Basement of The Adelphi.

There is one at the basement of The Adelphi.

Comment

Adelphi

the shop still there?? i tot no more? cos last time got saw n long time din go there...
      Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

there is one shop located opposite penisular plaza. I cannot rmemeber what the name of the buliding but the shop is at basement level. that buliding sells alot of amplifer and old vinyl music records. hope this helps
        Warpath Wong

Comment

i think we are all refering to the same shop..... i have been there before but was long time ago. Will check it out over the weekend hope is till at the same location.

On the other hand, any idea where can we find 1/35 plastic locomotive kit ?

thanks for all your advise

Comment

plastic locomotive train

You can try the model shop at Katong shopping centre. I think the shop is either on the 3rd or 4th floor if you go up using the escalator.

Comment

Loyn, the train shop in the basement of Adephi is gone. Owner still the same but he is now selling photographic equipment. The prices for the Katong shop are steep and they are mainly British models. As I said previously, Singapore not a good place to buy model trains - price wise and availability.

I don't have any plastic models of train in 1/35 but I do have some old Airfix kits in OO (I think it is 1/76) -a few steam engines and wagons.

What are you up to now?

Comment

Saw one at arcade shopping centre(opp orchd tower) lvl 2.
                Cant remember the name.

Comment

Originally posted by preferscale View Post
                  Loyn, the train shop in the basement of Adephi is gone. Owner still the same but he is now selling photographic equipment. The prices for the Katong shop are steep and they are mainly British models. As I said previously, Singapore not a good place to buy model trains - price wise and availability.

I don't have any plastic models of train in 1/35 but I do have some old Airfix kits in OO (I think it is 1/76) -a few steam engines and wagons.

What are you up to now?
                  well no RC flying or boating so fall back to scale model as hobby. Try to get a hand on this train model kit. Don't think can find in sg anyway

Attached Files

Comment

The other set that i am look for , nice to have such a big scale locomotive model kit.

Too bad sg is so limited in hobby shop in scale model no a day , unlike the old days

Attached Files

Comment

Loyn, I don't recall seeing any Trumpeter train models here. But if you are looking for something bigger than OO and don't mind Japanese trains, I had previously seen some Arii kits in the Tiong Bahru shop at level 5. They are 1/50 scale I think.

Good luck on your hunt.

Comment

yes i am aware of the Arii Japanese train and the shop too..i will check it out thanks.

Why i am looking for the 1/35 scale locomotive is because i have the 1/35 railway gun too. If they can link up will be a gread project to work on.

Comment

1/35 scale German locomotives

Originally posted by loyn View Post
                          yes i am aware of the Arii Japanese train and the shop too..i will check it out thanks.

Why i am looking for the 1/35 scale locomotive is because i have the 1/35 railway gun too. If they can link up will be a gread project to work on.
                          There is a modeling shop at Sunshine Plaza along Prinsep St called M Workshop. The owners name is Bernard. Nice guy. He can help you get what u need. I got my Leopold Railgun from him and I'm sure he has the Trumpeter 1/35 scale loco. I hope this helps.

I'm also still looking for a railroad modeling shop if anyone knows of one or a reliable website that I could purchase from.

Comment

New model train shop in Singapore

Originally posted by loyn View Post
                            Hi is there still shop in Singapore selling model train ?

At the same time, anywhere we can get plastic locmotive scale model of various scale.

Any advice are welcome

Thank you
                            You might give a try to Singapore Railways Pte Ltd, www.singrails.com. This is a new dealer, who came up in 2012.

They sell H0-models [exact scale 1:87] and Garden Railways [scale 1:22.5 to 1:29]; so far European ones only.

They have numerous H0-starterkits on stock with Swiss, Dutch, French, Austrian and German trains.

Currently they don't have a shop, but a showroom with quite a big collection of locos, cars and accessories [buildings, trees, rocks and figurines], ready for sale. You have to do an appointment via their website or go their on Saturdays for cash and carry sales between 10am and 1pm.

Comment

I manage to get what i plan to get ..... the 1/35 scale model from an online store plus two sets of 1/87 HO plastic set with a help of a friend. Now I have more train project to work on

However, what i found more interesting is the local shop i went to pick up some building material . It was not really a shop but its stock is more than anything i came across in Singapore. Especially on all the scale detail material .... house, plants, objects, people, structures, sand, rock ..... man an eye opening experience. After going through the list i found i am no where close to "scale" build after all..... i leave out too many details just imagine a 1 m long train station with all material laser cut .....

The owner was as great guy, is more like a hobby friend than a business shop owner. I learn a lot from him how the current train model can do. Man talk about smart toy ! Now only I know even train model carry chip on board for control ! I have a great time at the "shop" and talked almost for 2 long hour before finally make my way out ..... i forgot my shoe on the way out information over flow

I will sure going back for more, for part or information as there sure a good place for train model lover.

Comment

Working...
                              X