Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Green Eagle-Owl

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since my last post.

I wanted to share what I have been up to recently; building the Tamiya 1/48 He219 Uhu.

The night camo doesn't interest me much; so I decided to do a He219 with a green camo similar to what Mr Ian Robertson has done on MIM Magazine but since this is a whatif project, will add some of my own interpretation.

He219 Uhu by Gambit, on Flickr

Trying to finish this for a local meet; will update again soon I hope!

Cheers!

Peter

Decals are on!

He219 by Gambit, on Flickr

Comment

Very Nice !!!

I think the olive green camou scheme looks better on the Henkel !

Good shot of the scale using your hand as you held up the model

- Thanks for sharing.

Michael

Comment

Thanks Michael, its a huge plane since its twin-engine.

It's quite heavy too as there cockpit is made of metal to act as a nose weight to make sure it is not a tail sitter.

Btw interesting fact; this is the first operational combat aircraft with ejection seats.

Will update again once I am done, thanks for reading.

Comment

Are you planning to craft a Dornier in your next project? It will be a nice complement to the hangar for this Henkel

Comment

subscribed ! ...nice one, pete.
            Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Very nice Pete.
              The P51 you built is still on my shelf. I have not bring to office yet, as there are too many inquisitive hands and may damage it.
              I need to find the right sized transparent display box to safe keep it before bringing to office.

Comment

So many replies since my last visit! Thanks guys!

Onelegkick, regarding a Dornier, the only one that is in my 'want list' is a Do335; probably a twin seat 'Anteater' but that's for another discussion.

Bro MSC, you looking at me to get a display case for you is it?

Hopefully can complete this for a November modeling competition in SG... so much more to do!

Cheers!

Peter

Comment

It's been awhile since I last update this thread.

I had finished the He-219 Uhu for the local competition and I even build a little display stand for it.

Here's how my Uhu looked for the competition (it's huge right?):

He-219 by Sprigaan, on Flickr

Unfortunately I broke off all the antennas while transporting it back and now I have to fix them back again... its a task I dread, which is why its still not fixed yet.

I promised to pass this bird to my bro MSC so there is some motivation here. Hopefully someday I can see some of the folks here build a RC model of the Uhu and fly it here

Comment

Working...
                  X