• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xuen7 View Post
    Hahahaha Bro i reckon that you are known to most guys as a "player"
    So time to go casiono. :-x

Comment

Aiyo bro wrong liao.. Iforgot toinform you that in our modern pop culture that the term player when referred to guys imply that he is a flirt hahaha moving from girls to girls..
      Regards,
      Xuen7

SELLING
      2 x Brand New ThunderPower G6 Batteries 65C 5000mAH
      Kontronik HeliJive 120HV ESC

Brand New Mcpx Upgrades
      Flashed XP-12A for MCPX Governed and Brushless Conversion
      Flashed XP-3A for MCPX tail brushless Conversion

BUYING
      MCPX parts / kit etc..
      Burned MCPX Mainboards

"Learning the art of forgetting for the sake of remembering"

Comment

Originally posted by JYHELI View Post
        "
        but I notice also most of the guys who have composites tend to keep them for a long time. More like a long term relationship.
        "

My track record will say I am not most guys
        I really depends on the main reason behind buying or building the particular model sailplane.

Model sailplanes comes in many forms, but besides being deep-pocketed, most glider pilots choose thier models to suit thier particular needs and style. Once you have gone into the stage of zooming into the details, you will actually find yourself lacking of choices, despite the vast varieties of the models available in the market.

At that point, you will start to realise that most model saiplanes available in the market are simply designed and built for Sunday-sport flying. And once you have narrowed down to a few particular models that suits you well, you'll tend to hold on to them until you find a better successor for it.

Comment

"
          but I notice also most of the guys who have composites tend to keep them for a long time. More like a long term relationship.
          "

My track record will say I am not most guys
          That's because you haven't found 'THE RIGHT' composite glider of your dreams !!!

Refer to Joe's post below for the defination.
          Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by joe yap View Post
            I really depends on the main reason behind buying or building the particular model sailplane.

Model sailplanes comes in many forms, but besides being deep-pocketed, most glider pilots choose thier models to suit thier particular needs and style. Once you have gone into the stage of zooming into the details, you will actually find yourself lacking of choices, despite the vast varieties of the models available in the market.

At that point, you will start to realise that most model saiplanes available in the market are simply designed and built for Sunday-sport flying. And once you have narrowed down to a few particular models that suits you well, you'll tend to hold on to them until you find a better successor for it.

Can share what are those details " ....the stage of zooming into the details" are? We could be "zooming" so fast that we miss those details

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
              That's because you haven't found 'THE RIGHT' composite glider of your dreams !!!

Refer to Joe's post below for the defination.
              Now I am really in trouble.....been searching for "The Right" heli for years....and still searching.

Comment

The details come in many forms, but mainly the tasks the models are designed for and personal flying style and strategies.

Most pilots usually go for superior climb rate and exceptional wide spectrum of speed range. In competitions, models have strict power and weight restrictions. Besides that, like F5B contest, a single model has to do multi-tasks, which an extreme setup for one particular task will contradict the others. As such, to find perfect compromise on the setup between the tasks is a major consideration.

Also, most competition models are designed to fly well in certain conditions and style. For example, we can take a look at DLG models. Even a well proven design like the Steigeisen and Super Topsky come in many different wing designs, each designed for their specific launching/flying styles. Although the market has a lot of DLG available, a strong launcher would probably go for full carbon wings for windy days, and disser or carbon D-box wing for calmer days. For that purpose, the choices instantly becomes pretty much limited. To add on, some models come with older fuselage that are not 2.4Ghz friendly and that will further narrow down your choice. Anyway, this is just an example.

Well anyway, the primary feature that tells you something about the model sailplane design is the airfoil. Modern competition type sailplanes constantly updates the airfoil choices, and even go to the extend of transiting the airfoil from root to tip. Older models that uses outdated or older airfoils are usually meant for Sunday flying. Gliders that do not even have specific airfoil or simply "flat-bottomed" are considered as "tennis shoes" for general purpose.

Comment

Another good examples are the F3F models. Do a search in this forum and you'll find a lot of informations.

By browsing the vendors catalogue like Soaring USA, you may think that the F3F model selections are very wide. But if you follow the competitions around the world, you will quickly discover that it is always the particular model that suits the pilot flying style and the actual flying conditions perfectly that threw all other competitors far behind. "Tennis Shoes" don't even come close.

Comment

Finding the right model takes time and lots of flying unfortunately. Trying them for a few days or weeks will never result in knowing if its right for you in most cases. Thats been my experience with sailplanes and Helis. That said, if buying and trying suits you, more power to ya!

Pars.

Comment

Originally posted by Parsifal View Post
                      Finding the right model takes time and lots of flying unfortunately. Trying them for a few days or weeks will never result in knowing if its right for you in most cases. Thats been my experience with sailplanes and Helis. That said, if buying and trying suits you, more power to ya!

Pars.
                      This I can definitely related and agreed to... it also help cover the deficiency of the pilot (me)

Comment

Riot - aka Luna vtail - Ginger Vtail

Happy man : -

Good packaging for shipment, everything turn up nice and tight. Quality is as ginger...let see if it fly like ginger...i will be happy as a learning glider.
                        Actually I am surprise of how well it tunrs out better then expected so far...and all the hardware is provided. I may make modification then the original setup.

RIOT
                        The Riot is a high performance, top quality, full composite High Performance Glider, this kind of model and build quality is normally associated with small European manufacturers and at top Dollar prices, the Riot offers top Dollar quality at an affordable price.

The Riot just oozes quality and features live hinged control surfaces, flaps and CF re-enforced servo mounts, hardware is excellent and includes a huge CF dihedral brace for extra stiffness as well as CF locating pegs for both the wings and V-Tail. A model this size needs to be practical and the Riot features a 2pc bolt on wing, with alloy re-enforcing on all bolt points. Not cheap, but fantastic value for money considering the superb craftsmanship of this model, the Riot is for the discerning RC glider pilot, looking for ultra-high performance.

Features:
                        High Performance Model
                        Superb Manufacturing Quality
                        Full Composite Construction
                        Extensive use of CF in stressed areas
                        Alloy Wing Bolt Points
                        CF V-Tail Control Rods, Dihedral Brace and wing/tail locating pegs
                        Live Hinge Control Surfaces
                        All Hardware Included

Specs:
                        Wingspan: 2000mm
                        Length: 1180mm
                        Airfoil: MH32
                        Wing Area: 43.8dm/2
                        Flying Weight: 1250g~1450g

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1095.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	972565Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1096.JPG
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	972566Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1097.JPG
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	972567Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1098.JPG
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	972568Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1099.JPG
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	972569Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1100.JPG
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	972570Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1101.JPG
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	972571Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1102.JPG
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	972572Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1103.JPG
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	972573Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1104.JPG
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	972574

Comment

more pics

Name:	DSCF1105.JPG
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	972575Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1106.JPG
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	972576Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1107.JPG
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	972577

Comment

Glider

[ATTACH=CONFIG]117470[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]117471[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]117472[/ATTACH]
                            Bro jy! See u got a new glider! Nice !
                            Went will it touch the sky?
                            What happen to your old glider? XL?

Comment

Originally posted by jumat View Post
                              Bro jy! See u got a new glider! Nice !
                              Went will it touch the sky?
                              What happen to your old glider? XL?
                              Bad weekend..but fixing it.

Comment

almost there