Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chiadennis View Post
    Hi Jon

I normally do about about 30% flaps to ailerons.
    On thermal mode, I turnoff full span ailerons, instead use the flaps as camber/reflex or elevator camber mix.

BTW
    Hope you have super eyesight. if you like me, black don't go well with gliders. You will know when you start flying it.
    Thanks Dennnis....hopefully the little colour will help me...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	972004Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	303.1 KB
ID:	972005

Comment

Taser Carbon - Vtail Builded

Make a bit of progress last night on the Vtail....think it is ok as 1st time building a Vtail.
      I colour the white sleeve supporting the carbon rob into the fuselage so to main the CARBON look.

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	972006Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	972007Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	972008

Comment

Thanks Jonathan

Originally posted by Twyl View Post
        Hi Jonathan, seeing the cash spent on such a lovely model and high end carbon I'd hate to see you add unnecessary weight to it if possible. Torsion springs are very simple to make and if it doesn't work out it wouldn't be that hard to undo or redo differently and go with an alternative method. Worth a shot for sure though.

Check out these links for more info.
        Nice pictures:
        http://www.f3k.nl/index.php?id=124&page=5
        Good manual over all, check out page 5
        http://www.skipmillermodels.com/v/ultegra.pdf

- another "Jonathan"

Comment

Originally posted by chiadennis View Post
          Hope you have super eyesight. if you like me, black don't go well with gliders. You will know when you start flying it.
          Hi Dennis, I have a similar problem.

The underside of my gilder is red and black. Up in the sky, the 2 colour does not contrast well especially on a grey cast sky. On turns, the topside contrast (latitudinal red) works well though.

1) Is it possible to change the colour? Are there efficient apply on contrast film?

2) Similar query, I've another fuselage that is scuffed from landing and grime. What is a good way to restore that original glossy composite look? I've tried spray paint but it does not gloss nor stick well (scraps off on contact)

Thank you and regards

Comment

Originally posted by remauled View Post
            Hi Dennis, I have a similar problem.

The underside of my gilder is red and black. Up in the sky, the 2 colour does not contrast well especially on a grey cast sky. On turns, the topside contrast (latitudinal red) works well though.

1) Is it possible to change the colour? Are there efficient apply on contrast film?

2) Similar query, I've another fuselage that is scuffed from landing and grime. What is a good way to restore that original glossy composite look? I've tried spray paint but it does not gloss nor stick well (scraps off on contact)

Thank you and regards
            You can change the color or stick on some bright decal but it will add weight.

You can't replace the gel coat color of you. Once it scratch it leave a deep cut. One way is to putty the fuse and respray it. Polish it with abrasive polish and finish it with wax. It's alot of work. If it doesnt effect the glider, just leave it.

I ordered my needle 100 and it was suppose to be black on yellow but came yellow on black. It much more slick but you have difficulty with orientation when it high or you have sun in your face.

Comment

Ready

Now it is time...hopefully all turn well.

Name:	Taser Carbon.jpg
Size:	349.0 KB
ID:	972021

The spinner is a bit too big...but couldn't find a 32mm for 3mm shaft motor.

Jonathan

Comment

Update

Had accidental on my Taser Carbon two weeks back, been traveling and while am in US pick up some upgrades for my Taser.
                While also waiting for spares from PCM ( and others ) , I fixed up the fuselage....and did some wiring to make it a full house setup.

Question : I use FG tape it around the part I repair because after fixing it up with epoxy and FG cloth, it harden well but still have this sticky feel to it. ANy idea how to tale that sticky feeling out ?

Name:	7976039773_40e44771f4_z.jpg
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	972103

Name:	7974782718_3ecdaa24f3_c.jpg
Size:	307.3 KB
ID:	972104

Name:	7974782109_c46fd3b9ec_c.jpg
ID:	972105

JOnathan

Comment

Update

Had accidental on my Taser Carbon two weeks back, been traveling and while am in US pick up some upgrades for my Taser.
                  While also waiting for spares from PCM ( and others ) , I fixed up the fuselage....and did some wiring to make it a full house setup.

Question : I use FG tape it around the part I repair because after fixing it up with epoxy and FG cloth, it harden well but still have this sticky feel to it. ANy idea how to tale that sticky feeling out ?

Name:	7976039773_40e44771f4_z.jpg
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	972103

Name:	7974782718_3ecdaa24f3_c.jpg
Size:	307.3 KB
ID:	972104

Name:	7974782109_c46fd3b9ec_c.jpg
ID:	972105

JOnathan

Comment

you can try cleaning with rubbing alcohol

or if you visit anyone in hospital (choy) , you can kapok the alcohol swabs
                    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Sgfunflyer

Originally posted by JYHELI View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116234[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116235[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116236[/ATTACH]

JOnathan
                      So went will we see it fly ohr?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
                        you can try cleaning with rubbing alcohol

or if you visit anyone in hospital (choy) , you can kapok the alcohol swabs
                        Thanks.

Comment

Flying this Sun morning, possible?
                          Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Originally posted by JYHELI View Post
                            Hi Jonathan, I know a lot of people try to drown their issues with alcohol but I'd recommend trying a few things before taking that slippery slope.

The sticky feeling you have is evidence the epoxy has not fully cured yet. The only thing that will get rid of it is time. What we do here in Southern California to speed up that time is to stick the model in a parked car in direct sunlight. It basically acts like a hot box and bakes the epoxy helping it cure faster. There are a couple different possibilities for why it hasn't cured yet but most likely it's due to an inaccurate mix of epoxy. On that note I'm also curious what kind of epoxy you used and if it was just standard epoxy or was it a resin designed for FG work? If it was standard epoxy (i.e. 5min, 10min, 30min, etc) did you thin it at all? FWIW standard epoxy is not really recommended for wetting out FG even if it's been thinned.

If your patience gets the better of you and you can't wait for it to fully cure then try what others suggested and drown it in alcohol and see where that gets you. I recommend drinking lots of water before going to bed and taking to advil in the morning.

Cheers!

-Jonathan2

Comment

Originally posted by Twyl View Post
                              Hi Jonathan, I know a lot of people try to drown their issues with alcohol but I'd recommend trying a few things before taking that slippery slope.

The sticky feeling you have is evidence the epoxy has not fully cured yet. The only thing that will get rid of it is time. What we do here in Southern California to speed up that time is to stick the model in a parked car in direct sunlight. It basically acts like a hot box and bakes the epoxy helping it cure faster. There are a couple different possibilities for why it hasn't cured yet but most likely it's due to an inaccurate mix of epoxy. On that note I'm also curious what kind of epoxy you used and if it was just standard epoxy or was it a resin designed for FG work? If it was standard epoxy (i.e. 5min, 10min, 30min, etc) did you thin it at all? FWIW standard epoxy is not really recommended for wetting out FG even if it's been thinned.

If your patience gets the better of you and you can't wait for it to fully cure then try what others suggested and drown it in alcohol and see where that gets you. I recommend drinking lots of water before going to bed and taking to advil in the morning.

Cheers!

-Jonathan2
                              Jonathan,

hmm....I am using normal epoxy..and am sure it i sthe mix of epoxy that is also causing the issue. Will have to look up for those with resin...
                              Thanks

Jonathan

Comment

jumat;Vincopter,

Hopefully it last till then to fly again
                                Will pop by these few days to try it out when I get the chance.

Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                                X