Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI,

Dont be mistaken all composite gliders fly well. Some do some dont.

A good balsa with monokote can fly really well if designed and built well.

So choose your planes wisely to match your the phase you are in
    Do you feel the RUSH....!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
      HI,

Dont be mistaken all composite gliders fly well. Some do some dont.

A good balsa with monokote can fly really well if designed and built well.

So choose your planes wisely to match your the phase you are in
      I second that. The material of the glider does not directly determine whether it flies well or not. Rather, the choice of materials use on models are pretty much based on the intended design and use.

Comment

Thanks

Guys thanks for your advice posts and pm ) , really appreciate it.
        I really enjoy flying the E-Hawk yesterday on 4s until the prop and half of the head came off.
        I enjoy the climb rate of the Ehawk wih 4s and then just glide it down with the slightly heavier lipos it actually provide much better penetration and it glides smooth and fast. At one point someone call out if I was on power when it just glides around, and I was on thermal mode on by tx where throttle is ZERO, as that was my tet yesterday on 4S to get better climb rate and penetration rate as my research say heavier lipos on Ehawkgive better penetration rate.

I also finally identified the root cause, there was a crack on the fuselage and review after crash show it broke on the same crack area so that was the weak point and going 4s kill it. I should have epoxy it :-(

Now to move forward till my eventually Composite of MINI-G ( thanks hawkeye tips ) , I need to continue to progress my learning.

q

Comment

continue

continue from last post:

Below are my options till I get the Mini-G...as mention need to practise more before this come in.

Options :

1) Rebuild the EHawk with a new kit, but now adds the flaps like "http://www.eganfamily.id.au/Family/GregsRecreation/Flying/Aircraft/eHawk%201500/eHawk1500Construction.html". SO I can train with Full house setup

2) Get a Multiplex Blizzard which is closer to what I will have with Mini-G , flying fast and slow options available , but I don;t like working with forms and too much glue that I usually mess up

3) Get a E-ginger 2nd hand on offer, it is composite and also full house setup. But run it at 3S so not a hotliner setup to get use to it, then goes from there...

Thinking, thinking......

Jonathan

Comment

U flying a glider???

Surprise surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
              U flying a glider???

Surprise surprise.
              me too. But kind of cool gliding around without power....not to mention is much easier on my lipos and electricity bills....

Comment

Originally posted by JYHELI View Post
                me too. But kind of cool gliding around without power....not to mention is much easier on my lipos and electricity bills....
                Then u should join us at Tanjung Sedili(Malaysia) during the season. Me also was amazed by the power of the wind, long long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by JYHELI View Post
                  Pang,
                  Is E-Typhoon make of the same material ?

Jonathan
                  Yap, the E-Typhoon is also glass-balsa-glass with carbon reinforcement.

Hawkeye n Joe are right, the E-wasp, Eagle and E-typhoon each have different flying characteristics and suited for different purpose/style.

Gliders offer a different kind of fun and challenge from Heli. Take your time and explore, I'm sure you find something that will fascinate you. As what Adrian mentioned, the power of wind is amazing, do join us at the slope during the season (which is just another 3-4 months away)
                  www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers
                  www.facebook.com/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League

Comment

Hi Jonathan

Do note that NPark do not allowed the use of motor or any form of propulsion on Bedok slope.
                    You may want to consider EPP glider like windrider scout or bee2 to get use to flying slope. It very hardy and not easily damage. Flying on the slope is very different from flat ground and with power.

Comment

Originally posted by chiadennis View Post
                      Hi Jonathan

Do note that NPark do not allowed the use of motor or any form of propulsion on Bedok slope.
                      You may want to consider EPP glider like windrider scout or bee2 to get use to flying slope. It very hardy and not easily damage. Flying on the slope is very different from flat ground and with power.
                      Chiadennis, thanks...I have never been there flying...not likely anytime soon.
                      Never say never...but thanks for your advice.

Jonathan

Comment

I am definitely impulsive and can;t wait when I want something....but for sure I am not afraid to learn and pick up tips when I see one.
                        Learning seeing what Ron and Kenneth were doing last weekend.:smile3::smile3::smile3:

Click image for larger version

Name:	7732572208_908c0d68b2_z.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	971725

Getting ready for programming....for the long weekend.

Jonathan

Comment

you ah ! hahaha..

Where are the 3, 6 and 9mm?

Comment

oh.. did you jus said ready to program for the look weekend?

Comment

Hi Jon,
                              What RT was doing with the templates is necessary for the Vladimir ships because there is no other way to determine the neutral point on the control surfaces. Supra, Sprite and Blasters do not have a fixed portion on the wing that you can align the moving surfaces against. It is also set in degrees not mm.

Mm of control surface movement is a factor of degree of movement and chord of surface. You're much better off getting a simple device like the Great Planes Accu Throw. Cuts your throw setting time in half and much better accuracy too.

Templates also lose their effectiveness if your aileron trims have to be off center.

Hope you have lots of fun with your gliders!

Comment

Originally posted by James Lee View Post
                                Hi Jon,
                                What RT was doing with the templates is necessary for the Vladimir ships because there is no other way to determine the neutral point on the control surfaces. Supra, Sprite and Blasters do not have a fixed portion on the wing that you can align the moving surfaces against. It is also set in degrees not mm.

Mm of control surface movement is a factor of degree of movement and chord of surface. You're much better off getting a simple device like the Great Planes Accu Throw. Cuts your throw setting time in half and much better accuracy too.

Templates also lose their effectiveness if your aileron trims have to be off center.

Hope you have lots of fun with your gliders!
                                James,
                                Yup you are right, I found out trying to program it that I need to measure it directly which is easier.
                                Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                                X