Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC Model Railroad?

Thinking of using a section of my "indoor garden" for model railroading ...rc version.. ...anyone here into model railroading?

Some pics I collected for reference..

Attached Files

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
    (

Some more...

Attached Files

For Sale

(

Comment

a few more...

Attached Files

For Sale

(

Comment

Even the DH scrolling banner above looks like a choo-choo-train to me now...

Attached Files

For Sale

(

Comment

Dont tell me u got inspired by the banner...
          To Buy Lists

a) RX Crytal 29.800 Futaba
          ---------------------------------
          Spacewalker

Comment

[QUOTE=spacewalker] Dont tell me u got inspired by the banner... [/QUOT

The more I look at the banner the more I like train...

For Sale

(

Comment

Originally posted by stuka
              Thinking of using a section of my "indoor garden" for model railroading ...rc version.. ...anyone here into model railroading?

Some pics I collected for reference..
              Only in my dreamland.... :-)

3 reasons I can't do this:
              1) My flat too small.
              2) My kids will tear it down thinking it is their toy..they simply love chu chu trains
              3) My building skill sux...

But I definitely love to watch the trains going round and round, and envy those foreigners who have space in their homes to do a complete train simulation....
              huh

Comment

I got a few sets of trains, anybody interested ? Bought it over S$3K. Selling cheap
                Tx : yet to know
                Heli : yet to know

Comment

Originally posted by nic
                  Only in my dreamland.... :-)

3 reasons I can't do this:
                  1) My flat too small.
                  2) My kids will tear it down thinking it is their toy..they simply love chu chu trains
                  3) My building skill sux...

But I definitely love to watch the trains going round and round, and envy those foreigners who have space in their homes to do a complete train simulation....
                  Agree agree....I am thinking of how to tackle these headaches. Tot of doing it at the little balcony garden cos there are already some plants like cactus and ferns, and can plant the cactus along the railroad... . To keep my kid away, I plan to raise the platform to table height (ya he could still climb on top with a chair... )

I am planning to go for the N scale (1/160), like those in the pics above. The model at this scale is actually quite small, with track width (guage) measuring only 9mm and locomotives/cars around 4.5 inch.

Seems like no need to build much, model scenery objects are readily available,
                  Hobbylinc carries 16 model-power n scale model railroad buildings at discounts up to 19%.

Very tempting already....for now, I just have to admire DH scrolling banner..

Attached Files

For Sale

(

Comment

Originally posted by 999R
                    I got a few sets of trains, anybody interested ? Bought it over S$3K. Selling cheap

...wow S$3K...must be somekind super realistic model, definitely beyond my budget. Anyway, for me, it's too early to buy anything at the moment...still studying the feasibility of having such a setup at home.

For Sale

(

Comment

I do remember seeing quite a few local shops selling model trains but can't exactly remember where. These shops I came across don't sell R/C.. just model trains and air-fix...
                      huh

Comment

i know some shop sells.. Yes there are super realistic models. I have one set for my birthday present, but i keep it LoL. Last time young use to play with it, but after sometime, i love RC helis more
                        [B]Kenny[/B]

Goblin 700 | Goblin 500 | Compass 6HV

Unthinkable, unimaginable, incredible, beyond conception and beyond the bounds of possibility!

Comment

Me and my bro may fly helis, planes and run RC cars.....

but my dad's train set RULES THE HOUSE!!

Will continue the story of how he made it next time. If you guys wanna know... Anyway, I'm always proud to show it off!

Just to let you guys gauge the size, the TV behind is a 43" Rear Projection. (5ftX2ft)
                          Losers whine about their best. Winners date the Prom Queen.

Most people talk a lot, only few are up for the moment.

Suck Squeeze Bang Blow
                          20,000 times a min

Comment

Sorry... Wrong measurement.... I think it is abt 10 ft long lar... Cannot find a measuring tape.....
                            Will post more pics....
                            Losers whine about their best. Winners date the Prom Queen.

Most people talk a lot, only few are up for the moment.

Suck Squeeze Bang Blow
                            20,000 times a min

Comment

Any Saito Steam engine? can share the picture?
                              JCho

Comment

Working...
                              X