Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any interest in a scale heli thread?

Just as stated in the title.

Is there any interest in getting a "Scale Heli, elec. and/or nitro" going as a dedicated topic?
    Hello.....my name is Dave.....and I am a heli addict

Hanger: MiniTitan AH-1, RCA A-109 500 size FHH mechanics, RCA AH-64 500 size FHH mechanics, SM Mi-24 600 size HK mechanics (building), RCA SH/UH-60 500 size HK mechanics (also building). Couple of pod 'n boom "test mules" all HK.

Scale Heli.....Yes

Comment

why do you need another scale forum ? don't you have enough with RCG or are you just trolling as your 1st post here ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rumore View Post
        why do you need another scale forum ? don't you have enough with RCG or are you just trolling as your 1st post here ?
        I suppose it must be called trolling as it IS in the form of a question.

I do nothing but scale building now and I like to see a "Scale" section in all heli forums. I really do not enjoy wading through several pages of 3D postings to find a scale subject that may be of some help to myself or a question that I may be able to help someone else with. I have nothing against 3D it's just that at my age I cannot see fast enough to do it and I am insanely jealous of those that can. Rather than to fly into a jealous rage, I choose to skip the 3D postings and focus on what plucks my magic twanger.

Yes I do monitor and post on several other forums and all are under the same "ferretmaster"screen name. I simply ask a question.

On this forum, is there any interest in Scale Heli's?

As far as this being my first post.....I just found this forum and you 'gotta start somewhere!

Hanger: MiniTitan AH-1, RCA A-109 500 size FHH mechanics, RCA AH-64 500 size FHH mechanics, SM Mi-24 600 size HK mechanics (building), RCA SH/UH-60 500 size HK mechanics (also building). Couple of pod 'n boom "test mules" all HK.

Comment

Yes yes yes!
          Too many helis!

Comment

Me +1

Originally posted by ferretmaster View Post
            I suppose it must be called trolling as it IS in the form of a question.

I do nothing but scale building now and I like to see a "Scale" section in all heli forums. I really do not enjoy wading through several pages of 3D postings to find a scale subject that may be of some help to myself or a question that I may be able to help someone else with. I have nothing against 3D it's just that at my age I cannot see fast enough to do it and I am insanely jealous of those that can. Rather than to fly into a jealous rage, I choose to skip the 3D postings and focus on what plucks my magic twanger.

Yes I do monitor and post on several other forums and all are under the same "ferretmaster"screen name. I simply ask a question.

On this forum, is there any interest in Scale Heli's?

As far as this being my first post.....I just found this forum and you 'gotta start somewhere!

Comment

upz

Comment

Me! Me! Me!

It will be nice to have scale section in this forum also.

SH

Comment

Me too!
                  Airplanes fly while helicopters beat the air into submission - Hugh Downs

[U]Hangar:[/U]
                  Logo 500

[U]Held in loving memory:[/U]
                  MSH Mini Protos - Sold because I don't want to have anything to do with St Passion!
                  HK500GT with Align 4-Bladed Rotor Head
                  TREX 600EFL Pro

[B]WTS: Mikado Logo 500SE[/B]

Comment

Count me in, v well said, 3D-age-scale.

Comment

i suppose it must be called trolling as it is in the form of a question.

I do nothing but scale building now and i like to see a "scale" section in all heli forums. I really do not enjoy wading through several pages of 3d postings to find a scale subject that may be of some help to myself or a question that i may be able to help someone else with. I have nothing against 3d it's just that at my age i cannot see fast enough to do it and i am insanely jealous of those that can. Rather than to fly into a jealous rage, i choose to skip the 3d postings and focus on what plucks my magic twanger.

Yes i do monitor and post on several other forums and all are under the same "ferretmaster"screen name. I simply ask a question.

On this forum, is there any interest in scale heli's?

As far as this being my first post.....i just found this forum and you 'gotta start somewhere!
                      yes

Comment

Perfect!

I guess I will get this thing started with a listing of my hanger residents, one at a time, and the mechanics that are involved. As most will see I try to fly with inexpensive components that have proved they are up to the task (at least in my own personal testing!) and spent the saved monies on the scale stuff.

I do have a HK pod and boom 450 and 500 to test components, so please do not hold that against me along with the first statement about only building scale machines. Still need test mules!

I currently have a SmartModel 500 size SH/UH-60 in the build stage. The project is quite literally still in the box as I have just retired and have been traveling for the last few months in a motor home and there absolutely is no room to keep heli's let alone build them. I will be moving into my new house here in Casa Grande AZ the first of July and when I get my shop set up will start the build for real. Right now she sits in the bare mechanics stage with the fuselage still in the box.

Fuselage: SH/Uh-60, 500 size from RCA/SmartModel

Mechanics: HK 500GT/TT frame (Quite a few Align part in the "drive train"!) with my own cascade 4 blade tail. Not scale for the UH/SH-60 but worked
                        fantastic on my AH-64 500.
                        Hobbywing Platinum 60 amp BEC
                        EMax ES9258collectives colectives
                        EMax ES9257 servo on rudder
                        G-Force E-500/1600 motor (for 2 blade testing only, will drop to lower KV for multi-blade flight).
                        CopterX CX-3X1000 FBL
                        CopterX "Floppy" 4 blade head to be installed later.
                        Walkera DEVO-8

That is my starting point for this build.....well almost. I do have the 500 size prototype dual transmission, bent tail (stinger tail) shaft drive coming from SmartModel. Kin SM has been saying it will ship "next week" or so since late Feb., so when it will show.....who knows!!

Comment

Kin always promise here and there and must before order will move. He should focus not on new project but more to customer service more but overall, he still a nice guy just dealing with him can be a pain in the ass......
                          Do keep us posted on you SH/UH-60 progress and will be great if can show some pictures on your heli collections.

I guess I will get this thing started with a listing of my hanger residents, one at a time, and the mechanics that are involved. As most will see I try to fly with inexpensive components that have proved they are up to the task (at least in my own personal testing!) and spent the saved monies on the scale stuff.

I do have a HK pod and boom 450 and 500 to test components, so please do not hold that against me along with the first statement about only building scale machines. Still need test mules!

I currently have a SmartModel 500 size SH/UH-60 in the build stage. The project is quite literally still in the box as I have just retired and have been traveling for the last few months in a motor home and there absolutely is no room to keep heli's let alone build them. I will be moving into my new house here in Casa Grande AZ the first of July and when I get my shop set up will start the build for real. Right now she sits in the bare mechanics stage with the fuselage still in the box.

Fuselage: SH/Uh-60, 500 size from RCA/SmartModel

Mechanics: HK 500GT/TT frame (Quite a few Align part in the "drive train"!) with my own cascade 4 blade tail. Not scale for the UH/SH-60 but worked
                          fantastic on my AH-64 500.
                          Hobbywing Platinum 60 amp BEC
                          EMax ES9258collectives colectives
                          EMax ES9257 servo on rudder
                          G-Force E-500/1600 motor (for 2 blade testing only, will drop to lower KV for multi-blade flight).
                          CopterX CX-3X1000 FBL
                          CopterX "Floppy" 4 blade head to be installed later.
                          Walkera DEVO-8

That is my starting point for this build.....well almost. I do have the 500 size prototype dual transmission, bent tail (stinger tail) shaft drive coming from SmartModel. Kin SM has been saying it will ship "next week" or so since late Feb., so when it will show.....who knows!!

Comment

Do keep us posted on you SH/UH-60 progress and will be great if can show some pictures on your heli collections.
                            Can do!!

As soon as I get things unpacked from my move will get some pic's posted. It will be at least a two-three week wait as getting the house set up (wife will appreciate that!) is the first priority!

Comment

MT v1 COBRA

I am starting my build with MT v1 with Cobra scale fuselage.

Comment

Working...
                              X