Name:	kkboard2_tri.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	971321Click image for larger version

Name:	kkboard2_tri2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	971322

First impressions, board is very easy to setup due to the attached and back lit LCD panel. Have to read the manual very carefully to get it properly setup. Lots of setup options and flight configurations.

Tuning for my Tricopter was initially very difficult as there were no preset PI settings for Tricopters, all the default values are the same regardless the type of motor setup. Also the Tricopter tail servo setting was set for analog by default with a low refresh rate causing the tail servo to twitch, I changed that to "High" in the Mixer edit setup. Initial hover was very scary and my Tricopter wants to "jump" throttle a lot. After checking out this video.

I realized that the default PI settings was too high for the tricopter or quads. The default settings are for Hex and Octo copters. Bringing down the PI values greatly improves the flight characteristics. I still need to fine tune the board further though to get the best settings. Flying with this board feels more "locked" in. The gyros are very sensitive and I believe once it is fine tuned should result in a stable platform, looks very promising so far. Auto leveling can be activated with an auxiliary channel or by the stick. Auto level comes with its own PI settings. Turning it on results in a even more "locked" flight characteristic with slower control response, almost feels like having dual rates. So far I did not have a chance to test fly it outside, only hovering in my living room.

The 4 button and LCD interface makes changing the values very easy. It even comes with a receiver test and allows you to verify the correct signal coming over from your transmitter. ESC throttle calibration can be a hassle as you will need something to hold down 2 buttons while connecting the battery to power up AND moving the throttle stick to set the throttle range. Either you need someone to press the 2 buttons for you or like me I used a pair of clothes pegs to hold down the buttons while I connect the battery and flick the throttle stick.

Will be busy fine tuning this new board for the weekend.

More detailed review here.

Comment

Hello there!
      I see that you have a variety of kk boards and am thinking probably you are in a good position to help me in clarifying my doubts. Would like to ask if you can list down all the available kk boards out there, be it hobbyking or minsoo? Im currently having a black kk board v5.5 and am curious if by any chance are you using it in any on your copters? Appreciate your help!

Comment

[QUOTE=zealerz;565634]Hello there!
        I see that you have a variety of kk boards and am thinking probably you are in a good position to help me in clarifying my doubts. Would like to ask if you can list down all the available kk boards out there, be it hobbyking or minsoo? Im currently having a black kk board v5.5 and am curious if by any chance are you using it in any on your copters? Appreciate your help![/Q]

So far I used only 2 varieties, the red board from Multircshop and the Hobbyking's , performance wise I see no difference between the 2. I'm sure the rest of the KKboard varieties out there will perform the same with those having the MEMS gyros performing slightly better. But it can be subjective. I recently got the new KK2board and although setting up can be easier, the tuning part can be frustrating.

My first KKboard is the Red Board from Multircshop and I used it on my fpvmanuals Tricopter. Then I went I bought 3 more HobbyKing KKboards and 2 live on quads and 1 on my carbon Tricopter.

The classic KKboard should work well for anyone once it is properly tuned.

Comment

Deleted
          Last edited by weeliano; 12-07-2012, 12:06 PM. Reason: Duplicate post

Comment

I need help trying to setup my tricopter did everything I could but spins out of control ....how do I set it to stop this cc3d is easy but kk 2.1.5 I am new to.

Comment

Working...
            X