Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My road trips

I have been doing road trips to malaysia and thailand since I owned a car. I shared most of such road trips at mycarforum but decide to put some interesting ones here to share with you guys.

I will start with my recent one to Port Dickson n Melaka. Went there last last week.

Port Dickson

Wanted to try a water chalet and was deciding which to go. There are a few in MY and they are beautiful. Decided on Grand Lexis as it had an indoor private swimming pool.

Here are pics of the hotel :

Comment

I booked a deluxe room but to my delight, they upgraded me to executive room. I couldnt say no could I???

Here are pics of the room n me in the pool for size of pool measurement :

Comment

Sunset at PD. Too bad I have no "professional" camera if not the pic will be much better. Its taken by my Nokia E6 hp camera.

Comment

he day we reached, we drove to Giant to buy tibits, drinks n lookout for restoran for dinner. There was an Old Town outlet there but we thinking thinking, dont want lah. Eat chinese restoran better. We passed by Restoran Da Re Zi and went in for our dinner. This restoran was just open only for a mth and not officially open yet, no printed menus yet. So we asked the lady boss to recommend. Their specialty was wet Salt Egg Crabs and Oat Meal Prawns. We had both plus one "milk white" vege, its a direct chinese translation.

The crab sauce was nice n the oat meal prawn was great!!! Two medium crabs n five large prawns. Total bill was RM70 for two of us. Crab was RM50/kg. Cheap cheap.

The 2nd night, I googled for nice restoran in PD at the resort thru my own laptop. Yes, they have free wifi + router in the rooms, I brought a lan cable n plug my laptop directly to the router. Speed was much much faster than wifi. Chance upon Restoran Mei Jing which is also quite close to our resort. The staff there was a bit dao one. Ask what is good, replied was every dish good. So we wanted crab n asked what is their specialty, she say chilli crab. So we ordered that n Lala n one vegetable.

The chilli crab came was MY type of chilli crab, sauce was black in colour with chilli padi. A little bit spicy only. Lala n vege was normal nothing to shout abt. Crab was RM55/kg and total bill came up to RM110.

Halfway thru our meal a big busload of HK tourist came for their dinner, occupying half of the restoran. Food is so-so only nothing fantastic. There is a KFC few shops down.

Here is a google map of their location :

Comment

On the second day we decided to venture into PD town to have a look whatz there. Cos I see from my Garmin map there were lots of shopping + eating POI. Its a little further than the dinner places.

There were a few malls in fact, Oceanic Mall, PD Walk and PD Waterfront. But these malls have not much customer when we went in the afternoon. Walked ard Oceanic Mall which has The Store having 50% sales on most items.

For lunch, we had McD!!! I have two RM10 McD voucher coupon and it came to good use. The location of this McD was great, by the sea side and two levels. We sat on upper level in the aircon area instead cos very hot. They have a 50" plasma tv showing ESPN HD, it was screening Nascar Sprint Race while I was there. Look at tv n look at seaview, great way to get those fries down the stomach. This McD also has a Drive Thru.

Pics of the McD place :

Next to McD is a seafood restoran facing the see too. U can in fact see the whole PD coastline :

Here are the google map of PD town n the new place not in the maps yet :

Here is the in-car video of my drive ard PD town :

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing.

I love that sunset! You had your own private pool connected to your room? I don't suppose you brought any of your rc boats along did you?

I have been frequenting PD but only for business so hardly had the opportunity to explore the non-industrial sites.

After seeing your pics and recommendations, i think it would be a nice getaway to spend a weekend at.
              Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Originally posted by pixeldixel View Post
                Thanks for sharing.

I love that sunset! You had your own private pool connected to your room? I don't suppose you brought any of your rc boats along did you?

I have been frequenting PD but only for business so hardly had the opportunity to explore the non-industrial sites.

After seeing your pics and recommendations, i think it would be a nice getaway to spend a weekend at.
                Yes, the pool is connected to the room. Lots of privacy. After checking no peephole camera or candid camera, we swam naked at night. Nice feeling. Then the "choo choo train went into the tunnel a few times".

I forgot to bring my boats n submarine, otherwise will have a great time!!!

Comment

Very nice pictures..

Hmm are you sure you didnt bring your submarine? hahaha

please spare us the details..

Once again very nice location for a getaway..
                  Regards,
                  Xuen7

SELLING
                  2 x Brand New ThunderPower G6 Batteries 65C 5000mAH
                  Kontronik HeliJive 120HV ESC

Brand New Mcpx Upgrades
                  Flashed XP-12A for MCPX Governed and Brushless Conversion
                  Flashed XP-3A for MCPX tail brushless Conversion

BUYING
                  MCPX parts / kit etc..
                  Burned MCPX Mainboards

"Learning the art of forgetting for the sake of remembering"

Comment

Next we travelled from PD down to Melaka thru MY B roads. Took route 5, then N143 and M143. Took abt 1hr 30mins only, avg ard 80-90km/h.

Its been a long while since we went to Melaka, like 5-6yrs ago. They now have lots of new buildings, a revolving viewing tower and they split the river to build a hotel

Here are some pics taken from the tower :

Comment

Walked ard Jonker Street and had cendol at Lao Sa Kitchen. Coconut milk and gula melaka was thick but the price of RM3 per bowl is a bit expensive. However the sitting area by the river does make up for the expensive cendol.

Comment

Dinner was Satay Celup which we went to Ban Lee Siang one. Thatz where the locals go too. The satay sauce was thick n lots of crunchy peanuts.

Apparently they had a family fallout n the other family member had open another shop next door only.

Both of us finished 32sticks of satay. Burrrpppp.

Comment

Lastly, my stay at Renaissance hotel Melaka. Nice hotel, served me orange juice while checking in. The buffet breakfast was wonderful, thou variety not much. Its quality, not quantity. I still miss the cheese omelette till today!!!

Again, was upgraded to Club Suite FOC. Look at the number of pillows on the bed provided!!! Wooohoooo. The view was great too.

We had Fatty Lee Restoran's Milk Crab for supper cos it was just next to the hotel. Price was RM78/kg. The two large crabs cost me RM105 total. Shiok ah, finger licking good. I drank the sauce too!!!

Pics of the hotel room :

Comment

Then a sad end to my Melaka trip. Ate some street hawker nyonya kueh and kena food poisoning.

Went to GP but GP cant help, referred to A&E.

According to A&E doc : viral infection cause diarrhea, causing dehydration thus triggering severe migraine.

Comment

Road Trip

Thanks Adrian. Keep them coming. Really makes me wanna go for one as well.

Reggie

Comment

Working...
                              X