Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was there during the recent holiday in the afternoon 2 weeks ago.. there was a big 3D gasser flying right over our heads and cars parked along the road.

Me and my friend promptly drove off to another location far away.

A bit too dangerous for us!

Comment

Hi All,

I was there at the CD field over the weekend to meet friends and it was my first time flying there. I guess all fields share a common problem with the 1 or 2 rotten apples spoiling the barrel for the majority.

Yes, there was this pilot flying a gasser pylon racer. Nice plane....but please fly in front of the flight line. Please make turns away from the flight line. Dont fly behind the flight line near the cars and over other pilots head. Safety first! Ego last! I just hope this RC Pilot does not fly a real plane like he does and RC plane

If your gasser hits a car thats hell to pay and worst if it hits a person. The buffer zone bewteen the flight line and road is there for a reason!! Its a buffer zone. If one keeps flying over the flight line and behind the flight line you might as well fly over Paya Lebar and say hi to the folks in the tower!
      Do you feel the RUSH....!!!!

Comment

Sorry you had to witness this.
        Most of us practice good flying habit but like all fields, there are rotten eggs that won't listen.

Comment

Augh. Please don't tell me it was a red gasser pylon racer doing dive bombing passes.

Comment

i dun know anything abt planes but I was at cd filed on sunday and had to bin my flight. Simply cos one of the planes was trying to do some stunts and at some point came pretty close to the helis. No way i m gg to risk my 700n. peace out.
            Heli-ADDICTION:
            Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
            JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Somehow some plane flyers at CD field are less considerate. I had a number of incidents which planes flew over my head even i already "siam" to one corner. Usually i will shout at them and they will show me the hand signal - the sorry signal.
              Compare to other fields, CD field is too big and so it is sort of free for all situation.
              Everyone has to start this hobby as newbie.

Comment

well, we should enjoy the cd field whilst we still can. in the forseeable future, new housing devt will fill up the plot. then tats it.
                Heli-ADDICTION:
                Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                  Hi All,

I was there at the CD field over the weekend to meet friends and it was my first time flying there. I guess all fields share a common problem with the 1 or 2 rotten apples spoiling the barrel for the majority.

Yes, there was this pilot flying a gasser pylon racer. Nice plane....but please fly in front of the flight line. Please make turns away from the flight line. Dont fly behind the flight line near the cars and over other pilots head. Safety first! Ego last! I just hope this RC Pilot does not fly a real plane like he does and RC plane

If your gasser hits a car thats hell to pay and worst if it hits a person. The buffer zone bewteen the flight line and road is there for a reason!! Its a buffer zone. If one keeps flying over the flight line and behind the flight line you might as well fly over Paya Lebar and say hi to the folks in the tower!
                  Hi Hawkeye
                  If you read back the posts, some time back I wrote abt my not-so friendly experience at Tampines CD field in this exact same forum thread. I am not glad that you experienced this too. Some flyers there are just too intimidating and giving this hobby a bad name. I have given up going to the CD field and its a shame as the place is big enough for many RC flyers - from beginners to seasoned pros.

It's sad to see beginners being intimidated (whether intentional or indirectly) I just hope some 'seniors' reading this and are flying at the Tampines CD field do the right thing and express and share your concerns with the same bunch of people who fly there dangerously and also advise them to be less intimidating and more friendly.

I am not picking a fight here. I hope you regualr seniors flying there understand this.
                  Peace out.

Comment

I read out the instruction and same here the answer of this question is also mentioned in this forum so I supported this answer I found the safest way to fly is one plane at a time, 10 min window. But its not practical if you have 20 flyers waiting good when here are 3 to 4 flyers. No stress of getting into other people's way . Thank You!

Comment

Working...
                    X