This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woah .. talking about me ah?

if you guys are, yes i am one of the DLG flyer out there in the field on Sunday afternoon at OHR.

i wasnt bullied off the field la..
    with the funjet flying so low and not fast, but very fast toward and over us.
    i scare die, so with the other 2 flyers , we moved out of the danger zone.

i shared with the other 2 flyers that one of my friend was hit by an RC plane on his head and centimeter from his left eye.
    the impact caused him to fall to the floor and was sent to hospital.
    he was diagnosed with blood clog behind his eyes and was hospitalise for a couple of days for observation.
    he is lucky to came off with a swollen face and big patch of blue black surrounding his eyes area.
    he could have been blind. thanks god.

i was thinking wild at some point of time when some flyers say do what they want to do and just be responsible.
    if in this case, if my friend is blinded , i wonder what responsible can these flyers hold?
    donate their eyes? and look after my friend and his family for life?

at ohr we have all walks of people, all enjoying the nature that ohr gives..
    there are families with young childrens, many at times unknowingly picnic and play in the field.
    they do not know the danger, we do (thats why we moved out of the field when the funjet came flying over us)

i do not need to elaborate on the speed and the impact of the funjet, in fact sunday ones are 2 ultra funjet.

i admire your courage, your skill to fly fast and low.
    accident is call accident because, it maybe not be your fault.
    it can be the children running into your flight path.
    it can be your servos failure.
    it can be your electronics failure.
    if the plane hit a child, be it a knock, or put the child into a coma, blind, limb, or kill..
    now, this is not about how you can be responsible anymore.
    you can never return the same child to the parents.

i believe most flyers have friends and children.
    just imagine that the person in the field is your friend or children.
    next time, you will think twice when flying low and fast over their heads.

i can pretty sure if your children or friend is in the field, you wouldn't do that.
    of course, you may think, in the first place, your children shouldn't be out there in the field.

last sunday, i saw a boy running straight to a multicopter.
    i shouted to the boy and the pilot.
    the pilot is quick to respond and drop this multicopter almost crashing in.
    this is safety at his best.
    the pilot even apologise to the boy's father.

so the word is SAFETY. not resposible alone.
    what is done cannot be undone.

please think during each and every of your flight..

Comment

Noticed this thread and had to say something:

But on my end, Doing my part to educate my students of my CCA not to do this, and to educate those irresponsible fliers during those competitions.

Basically, when they flout this rule, it's a major safety breach and the students are severely punished and scolded.

2 batches later, now theya are all above 16 years, and they pretty much understand that.

Are the funjet fliers even online reading this complaint?

Would suggest going down as a group and meeting up to talk this over .

Comment

Micro Heli Nut...

They are reading this thread, trust me.

Im not going to elaborate what else further happened as I did approach them to warn them about flying over people's head. But the reply and remarks I received, as always with such flyers to begin with, went in the wrong direction.

But I hope the awareness is raised and such incidences can be avoided in future. But take heed, WE wont stand for repeat behaviours. Be gracious and share the field and treat everyone there like they belonged to your own family. That means flying safe.
        Do you feel the RUSH....!!!!

Comment

i'm a fun jet flyer ... i'm reading..
          i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

u r "a fun jet flyer" or u r "the fun jet flyer" ?
            Everyone has to start this hobby as newbie.

Comment

Definately not Mr Fuse. He is a responsible flyer. If not I would have Neumotored his dark side.
              How is the Mahi Mahi?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                Definately not Mr Fuse. He is a responsible flyer. If not I would have Neumotored his dark side.
                How is the Mahi Mahi?
                Mahi mahi??
                U meant this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	A3ATe.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	971433

Hehe

Comment

Sigh why airplane flyers so many problem...
                  Fly heli better... haha

anyways with regards to this thread... i did notice some low flying and over lapping of airspace but i just assumed that you guys always do stuff like that.. i mean the gliders would literally take the entire field of airspace for its flight although they fly high.. the sound is quite nerf wreaking.. which is cool !!! i love watching gliders flyby.. especially those super loud ones..

Saw quite a few crashes that day as well... hehe
                  Regards,
                  Xuen7

SELLING
                  2 x Brand New ThunderPower G6 Batteries 65C 5000mAH
                  Kontronik HeliJive 120HV ESC

Brand New Mcpx Upgrades
                  Flashed XP-12A for MCPX Governed and Brushless Conversion
                  Flashed XP-3A for MCPX tail brushless Conversion

BUYING
                  MCPX parts / kit etc..
                  Burned MCPX Mainboards

"Learning the art of forgetting for the sake of remembering"

Comment

You were there?

Great, drop by say hi next time

Comment

Originally posted by xuen7 View Post
                      Sigh why airplane flyers so many problem...
                      Fly heli better... haha

anyways with regards to this thread... i did notice some low flying and over lapping of airspace but i just assumed that you guys always do stuff like that.. i mean the gliders would literally take the entire field of airspace for its flight although they fly high.. the sound is quite nerf wreaking.. which is cool !!! i love watching gliders flyby.. especially those super loud ones..

Saw quite a few crashes that day as well... hehe
                      Xuen, you were there on Sunday too? what were you flying that day?
                      Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Tdr ?
                        Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Originally posted by VinCopter View Post
                          Tdr ?
                          whats tdr?
                          Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Henseleit, you know same as the white and red heli that i sometimes fly.

Comment

hi...........
                              this is best forum for your questions,
                              but sorryi m not know more about this......................
                              so please.
                              --------------------------------

Comment

Apologies, but it is time for another bump of this thread.

Today at a certain scdf field we had an experienced flyer fly his gasser over the flying line. Left to right, climb up to a stall turn, dive down, low pass right to left. Over and over again, right over the flying line, or sometimes even behind it.

Now, I love a hot low pass with a loud engine as much as the next guy. It's freaking cool seeing planes do that, especially gasser warbirds and other sport aerobatic gassers. This is, after all, why some of us are in the hobby!

But please, do exercise some caution, and do your high speed passes in front of the flying line. That's all you gotta do! You don't have to stop doing what you love, you just have to scoot it over slightly.

If you are an experienced flyer, you know about flutter, how many Gs your plane pulls in a dive, and the reliability (or lack thereof) of the electrical systems powering your radio and control surfaces. So I am sure you will realize that a plane can go down through no flying error on your part, and cause harm to others in the area.

Crosswinds, sun, and momentary brownouts are not excuses for crossing the line - these are the reasons why you should fly in front of the flying line.

So please. This field is a big field, with lots of room for error. No need to fly over the flying line or near the parked cars. Please be reminded that this has happened before, and please be reminded exactly where we are flying. We do not want to bring attention to this field. While us electric guys can go elsewhere, the giant scale 3D gasser pilots will not be too happy with you. Also, I will miss seeing the big 3D gassers .

(As an aside, it also helps if, when fellow fliers point this out politely, you can put your ego aside and listen politely . We all just want to fly, have fun, not get injured, and get away with it! "thumbup5

Comment

Working...
                                X