Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduino hardware

Hi! anyone familiar with the arduino IDE software? was thinking of putting sensors to the ardupilot to sense distances from obstacles and tell the rc quad to stop if the distance = preset value.

any ideas anyone?

would IR sensors work?
    "To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. But to fly is everything."- Otto Lilienthal

"To fly a plane, a pilot must have cool brains and hot hands!"- Dennis John De Witt

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
    E-starter (GWS) - On "Fire", Trainer, -Sold
    SPITFIRE (GWS) - On "Fire", -Sold
    T-45 Goshhawk 64 mm EDF - Lift-off!
    UAV Scratch Build Ver1.1 - It flies! -Sold
    Mini Cessna scratch build - fun!
    F330 Quadcopter W/KK2 V1.5 - Finally Tuned!
    Charger- Turnigy AC6
    sigpic

i was thinking something like this: analogue 3 pin type distance sensor

http://singapore.rs-online.com/web/p...nsors/6666564/

do you think you can you point me in a direction in which i can learn to hook up the sensor to the ardupilot? i was thinking of something along the lines where the output logic will be "stop moving in the direction of the obstruction".... [so if it senses obstacle on the right, it'll program the system to stop where it is as though a 'force field' is protection it so it cant go near any wall. so no matter how much more input i throw into the transmitter, the program will overwrite my command and stop me from crashing into something.]

probably will test all this indoors first as a proof of concept. outdoor should have more space so not so concerned about hitting something .

i'm only familiar with the standard ardupilot mission planner on airplane mode. i know i'll probable have to go into arduino ied software programming. have to learn all this: http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/HomePage

hope you can advice : ) im more a mechanical engineering than a electrical/electronics engineer. soldering etc no prob. it's the software language which seems french to me
    "To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. But to fly is everything."- Otto Lilienthal

"To fly a plane, a pilot must have cool brains and hot hands!"- Dennis John De Witt

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
    Charger- Turnigy AC6
    sigpic

Comment

im learning something new

how photoelectric sensors work

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
      Charger- Turnigy AC6
      sigpic

Comment

Yes, ultrasonic sensor is better. It is not difficult to implement. Not expensive.
        Everyone has to start this hobby as newbie.

Comment

regardless, i will end up having to get it done because i have to do it as a minor part of my fyp

thanks for the direction! i'll look into it. will take my summer break, before 4th year starts, to level up on the basic basic programming skills i have.

thanks!

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
          Charger- Turnigy AC6
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by REVOJohn
            hey guys. At REVOLECTRIX Singapore we're always looking for new inventors and products. Of course we pay you for your ideas and we'll manufacture in our factory in Singapore. Any new products ideas? Do share
            14S lipo charger???

Comment

hey guys. At REVOLECTRIX Singapore we're always looking for new inventors and products. Of course we pay you for your ideas and we'll manufacture in our factory in Singapore. Any new products ideas? Do share
              Sound like interesting oportunity

I might contact you once my project reach Demo phase sir

Comment

Adrian. We're looking for designer............ideas are a plenty.
                Why you need 14s....so rare a market. Betyou run a 2 * 7S config?
                Nope, I dont run 14s lipo or 7s lipo. I was looking for a charger n saw TP n Hyperion has it but the local "factory" stop at 10s lipo. So the local "factory" must keep up with the competition???

Comment

Hey adrian. What you mean by "factory"??
                  Whoever is making chargers.

From online dictionary :

Definition, Synonyms, Translations of factory by The Free Dictionary

A building or group of buildings in which goods are manufactured

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                    Whoever is making chargers.

From online dictionary :

Definition, Synonyms, Translations of factory by The Free Dictionary

A building or group of buildings in which goods are manufactured
                    u really try to be funny

Comment

that's a good reference. So no need to use " " then next time as we all know that definition of factory
                      YES SIR!!!

Ur humble servant here.

Comment

Originally posted by HZM View Post
                        u really try to be funny
                        I am trying to put on a straight face here in the office.

Comment

Hi,
                          have you chosen the arduino hardware platform to work with?

Comment

hi mave. thanks for taking the topic back on track

it's going to be a ardupilot 1 with the imu shield. cause eventually flying the VTOL uav is the priority. the distance sensor will be a big bonus if i can integrate it onto the ardu pilot board.

any ideas or recommendations?

Originally posted by mave View Post
                            Hi,
                            have you chosen the arduino hardware platform to work with?

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
                            Charger- Turnigy AC6
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi Aeronautical,

don't mention it.
                              That is the same reason why this forum's knowledge base has not progressed.

anyway, back to the topic. I have seen a ultrasonic sensor that claim to be accurate in detecting object within certain tolerance. The brand is Maxbotix.
                              It claims to be able to work with multiple sensors. Sound good to me.

You may want to check it out and see how you can incorporate into your design.

Originally posted by aeronautical View Post
                              hi mave. thanks for taking the topic back on track

it's going to be a ardupilot 1 with the imu shield. cause eventually flying the VTOL uav is the priority. the distance sensor will be a big bonus if i can integrate it onto the ardu pilot board.

any ideas or recommendations?

Comment

Working...
                              X