Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LX MiG 29

Greetings flyers,

Just maidened my Mig 29. Satisfied with the general performance of this aircraft. Very good flight characteristics.

To other people here who have flown this aircraft -

May I know what setups you all have installed in this aircraft? (mine flies like slow )

May I know where you guys located the C.G for this aircraft?

I measured mine at around 790 - 800mm from the nose... BUT i had to trim my aircraft elevators all the way up just to make it fly straight.

The Joker, "I may be crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS? Noooo!"

With your 2 x Typhoon 2w25 and 6s 5000mah 40C still slow?

Too heavy maybe?

Comment

Hi bro,

sounds your CG is wacked. Your plane is nose heavy hence the up trim from elevator. CG nose heavy is balanced by uptrim from your elevator at higher speed. Your stall speed is also "higher" ie stalls at higher speed because you are nose heavy.

at low speed, your plane should be practically diving down like a rock...

Also, in terms of speed, if your setup is as posted, did u setup as parallel or series ?

Originally posted by trailblazer View Post
      Greetings flyers,

Just maidened my Mig 29. Satisfied with the general performance of this aircraft. Very good flight characteristics.

To other people here who have flown this aircraft -

May I know what setups you all have installed in this aircraft? (mine flies like slow )

May I know where you guys located the C.G for this aircraft?

I measured mine at around 790 - 800mm from the nose... BUT i had to trim my aircraft elevators all the way up just to make it fly straight.

Comment

Originally posted by yaplee View Post
        With your 2 x Typhoon 2w25 and 6s 5000mah 40C still slow?

Too heavy maybe?
        I didn't use those in Mig 29... this setup is in the F-15

Comment

Originally posted by chessgame View Post
          Hi bro,

sounds your CG is wacked. Your plane is nose heavy hence the up trim from elevator. CG nose heavy is balanced by uptrim from your elevator at higher speed. Your stall speed is also "higher" ie stalls at higher speed because you are nose heavy.

at low speed, your plane should be practically diving down like a rock...

Also, in terms of speed, if your setup is as posted, did u setup as parallel or series ?
          parallel...

2x stock fans
          2x 3450kv topband
          2x 80A ESCs

2x 4S 3000mAh 40C batteries

Comment

Originally posted by trailblazer View Post
            parallel...

2x stock fans
            2x 3450kv topband
            2x 80A ESCs

2x 4S 3000mAh 40C batteries
            Your setup is too heavy with 6000 mah, lipos alone weighs about 730g

If you want to stick to same motor, you can use 2 x 2200 4 cell at 40C.

If you want to stick to the same lipo, you can use 3950kv topband.

Don't waste $$, both setup above just required 60A HW ESC.

This model is for scale flying, move to 5-6 cell setup if you need a lot more speed.

Comment

Bro you need to move the batt more to the back sound like your Mig-29 nose very heavy to me or because of your 2 x 4cell maybe down size to 2 x 3cell.

Jameswilliam

Comment

Originally posted by jameswilliam View Post
                Bro you need to move the batt more to the back sound like your Mig-29 nose very heavy to me or because of your 2 x 4cell maybe down size to 2 x 3cell.

Jameswilliam
                You sure this giant Lan Xiang Mig-29 can fly with 3 cells? Have you flown one in 3 cells?

Comment

Your setup is too heavy with 6000 mah, lipos alone weighs about 730g

If you want to stick to same motor, you can use 2 x 2200 4 cell at 40C.

If you want to stick to the same lipo, you can use 3950kv topband.

Don't waste $$, both setup above just required 60A HW ESC.

This model is for scale flying, move to 5-6 cell setup if you need a lot more speed.
                  Thanks for the advice, man.

I already have 1x 3950kv Topband motor. Going to test on another plane 1st then decide later...

I already flying with 2x 80A ESCs inside the damn thing... so that part about saving money... irrelevant liao la... unless you kind enuff to pay for me 2x 60A ESCs... hahahaha

OH YAH!!...

I also have lipo receiver battery weighing 200+g inside the C.G area... maybe if i shift that one all the way to the tail...

Comment

You sure this giant Lan Xiang Mig-29 can fly with 3 cells? Have you flown one in 3 cells?
                    That giant scale Mig 29 must have been stuffed with helium

Comment

Bro trail,

Pls do post some pics of the mig 29 if possible. Love that plane. But do it before you try flying it with 3s. I wanna to see it in 1 piece.

Comment

Originally posted by skysea View Post
                        Bro trail,

Pls do post some pics of the mig 29 if possible. Love that plane. But do it before you try flying it with 3s. I wanna to see it in 1 piece.
                        PMed u

Comment

2 x 3cell = 6cell.

Comment

Originally posted by jameswilliam View Post
                            2 x 3cell = 6cell.
                            In that case, he is downgrading from 8 cells to 6 cells.

Comment

I am planning to do 6S with 2 3S in series, running on 2500kv motor, 60a esc. This will eat less amps and produce less heat hopefully.
                              But I need to find space and time to do it and still debating to start with A-10 or Mig29.
                              Any pics or vid to share? Where did you fly?

Comment

Working...
                              X