Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SU-100_Post War version

Second inspiration from FooFighter !

Another Work in progress, this time a USSR post WW2 SU-100 tank destroyer.
    Quite a fair bit more to go before completion.

Thanks for viewing and once again, C@C welcomed.
    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Wow
    JR9XII PCM 72.xxx n XPS n FRSKY 2.4GHz

me is " Kancheong spider "

Comment

Hello sir, nice effort you got there! I never done a Russian vehicle so far and not in winter camo!

If I were to nitpick; I find that the chips are too uniform and light in color; maybe you could vary the intensity. And you could also try using kitchen sponge to do chipping. Also need to do some pin wash to bring out the details in the panel lines and groves.

Don't be afraid to dirty-up the tank, the Russians aren't really into vehicle maintenance during war time. Add mud and oil stains to the chasis, and stuff to the tracks! Don't be shy!

Comment

Originally posted by FooFighter View Post
        Hello sir, nice effort you got there! I never done a Russian vehicle so far and not in winter camo!

If I were to nitpick; I find that the chips are too uniform and light in color; maybe you could vary the intensity. And you could also try using kitchen sponge to do chipping. Also need to do some pin wash to bring out the details in the panel lines and groves.

Don't be afraid to dirty-up the tank, the Russians aren't really into vehicle maintenance during war time. Add mud and oil stains to the chasis, and stuff to the tracks! Don't be shy!
        I'm as much into Russian Tanks as I'm into German tanks ...maybe due to the extremely coarse surface texturing of their casting methods (I just love replicating the textures)

I know most WWII russian tanks lose their mud flaps, fenders and whats-not but this is a post war SU100 (ID by the stowage bin on the front right fender) so I can't exactly go overboard with the wear and tear !
        Trying to research more on the USSR post-war usage of these vehicles, was initially planning to do an desert sand Egyptian SU100 during the 6 days war.

Comment

Sorry I didn't know you were doing post-ww2 tank

For me I don't do much research when modelling because it can be never-ending and cause burn-out; I just stick to the motto; "if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...."

I am not building a model for museum so I cut myself more slack

Comment

Sorry I didn't know you were doing post-ww2 tank

For me I don't do much research when modelling because it can be never-ending and cause burn-out; I just stick to the motto; "if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...."

I am not building a model for museum so I cut myself more slack
            How I envy you ! ...30+ years of Plamo has made me what I am and I know I won't be satisfied with a build until I've done extensive researches, sourced for every known aftermarket part and complete a model that is as factually accurate as I possibly can.
            ...and you guessed it ! ...I got burned out after semi-completing a model that included 5 frets of 5R size PE ! ...that was 6-7 years ago.

My whole house is full of plamo and you've light the match in my dry tinder box !

I used to have a plamo sparring partner (classmate) during my Secondary school days, things were much simpler then and we would try to out do each other with each build (without any PE, resins and aftermarket conversions).

I think the 1/48 scale would be excellent for such SOOB (Straight Out Of Box) build.
            ...I see you're starting on a Panther now... hmmm, what could be better than a Panther G

Comment

Sorry to divulge; I feel that 90% of the people would not know the difference between different marks/variants of those vehicles anyway.

99% of the people would not see the PE parts you added to your model; once painted who knows?

But 100% of the people will see your paint job and be able to comment if they liked it or not.

Keep telling myself this is a hobby and for me to relax.. not get more stressed

The only thing I keep firm about is the ideal that what I am doing is art and this is not a toy.

You can start on a 1/48 King Tiger or equivalent to go one up on me

Comment

guys,

keep it coming..

I love it.. even though I don't have the skill and knowledge.. I have the passion..

quest
                Life is not the amount of breath you take, it's the moment that take your breath away
                Avant Aurora (E1)
                Avant Aurora (E2)
                Mcp X
                GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS
                JR RS77s 72MHz synthesizer $100
                will give the buyer 2 unit of electron 6 with 72.810 pin free

Comment

You can start on a 1/48 King Tiger or equivalent to go one up on me
                  I've decided !

I have the Tamiya 1/48 King Tiger (Henshel production) and it's a nice kit but no, this will not compliment your panther well.

So what could go well with a 1/48 Late Panther G ? ...how about a 1/48 late production Tiger I (Final version)

Thread akang datang ! starting project this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X